Halomods Community Portal: Tutorial on Model Injection? - Halomods Community Portal

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2X
Tutorial on Model Injection?

#1 User is offline   Xerax 

  • Double Faggot
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 07-May 11
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

Did anyone ever write a tutorial on how to inject a new model into a map, that isn't overriding any other model?

#2 User is offline   DoorM4n 

  • A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 06-May 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

Any model you inject will not overwrite the host model--it only adds onto the map data.

#3 User is offline   Xerax 

  • Double Faggot
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 07-May 11
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

View PostDoorM4n, on 13 May 2011 - 12:21 AM, said:

Any model you inject will not overwrite the host model--it only adds onto the map data.

I'm trying todo something i think can't be done. Ogrish does loads of cool looking maps in misfit, but im not sure if i can inject this info H2, with collision and all;


#4 User is offline   DoorM4n 

  • A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 06-May 11
  • LocationHouston

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:38 AM

Use Onyx for the collision and phmo, and inject that big ass model over the inamberclad or capitol ship. Then change bounding radius. Go to remnantmods and go to Halo 2 Discussion forum to get quality help. There are some knowledgeable people over there.

#5 User is offline   NotZac 

  • ¡!¡!¡!¡!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 05-May 11
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

Xerax, you should really optimize your model before doing anything with that. The tri count can really be cut down.

#6 User is offline   MasterChafe 

  • Hmmm Gators
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 07-May 11
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

Hmmmm Alex I wonder what your making? That project in 3DS Max looks familiar.... :P

I don't even remember seeing a tut that doesn't override another other model

This post has been edited by MasterChafe: 13 May 2011 - 07:28 AM


#7 User is offline   Xerax 

  • Double Faggot
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 07-May 11
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

View PostDoorM4n, on 13 May 2011 - 12:38 AM, said:

Use Onyx for the collision and phmo, and inject that big ass model over the inamberclad or capitol ship. Then change bounding radius. Go to remnantmods and go to Halo 2 Discussion forum to get quality help. There are some knowledgeable people over there.

Oh, okay. I like that idea, thanks :)

View PostNotZac, on 13 May 2011 - 12:57 AM, said:

Xerax, you should really optimize your model before doing anything with that. The tri count can really be cut down.

Yeah, once it's doneish and i know it can be injected i'll go over it adding detail/lowering polycount

View PostMasterChafe, on 13 May 2011 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hmmmm Alex I wonder what your making? That project in 3DS Max looks familiar.... :P

I don't even remember seeing a tut that doesn't override another other model

shush you.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic