Halomods Community Portal: How to change the map names? - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_Xbox
How to change the map names?

And a few other xbe changes

#1 User is offline   OwnZjoO 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

I'm looking into modding a few things for a map pack to make things better for the end users. I was wondering if there is a way to add more maps to the main menu or change the map names(the physical names on the hard drive). I have had some success in changing the physical names on the hard drive by hexing the xbe, but some of them fail to load. Some of the map names in the xbe have a different number of null bytes in between so I'm not sure if it's padded to an offset or just something to do with the xbe file layout. Also some maps seemed to work as one physical name but not as another if I recall right. Has anyone out there messed around with the xbe much and have anything to share that might help or point me in the right direction?

Other changes I made:
Changed the saves folder
Changed the system link code(makes stock halo 1 xbe system link games invisible to this one)
Changed the build date(no need to clear cache switching between map packs)

Some other things I'd like to do/find out if they're possible
Improve system link performance - Whether it's by xbe changes or just having dead bodies removed sooner and little things like that.
Change Default Gametypes - Not sure if they're in the xbe or the main menu

Does anybody have any background or success with any of these?

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

I actually did a lot of this years ago. I created an UnleashX menu, I changed the versions of the ui.map + others so I could boot into 22 halo1 mappacks without clearing cache. I didn't do saves folder althought you could search for "0004" and find the folder. (It's been a long time but I remember the jist).

tl;dr, I change version #'s so you don't have to Clear cache. You cannot extend the ui.map to hold more maps.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users