- First, head over to the SCNR tag.
- Scroll down to the Sandbox section.
- Select block 9, which is the building block section.
- Copy the Offset of the Class 2 section.
- Select Sandbox block 3, Vehicles
- Select Class block 1, Falcon
- Paste the Offset you copied earlier over the Offset in Class 2.
- Change the Block Count to 3.
- Copy the float value of the Falcon's Name. (if you have this as a string, remember the number)
- Hit save, to the right of the Offset.
Now we are adding in the Falcon variants.
- Change the Name to what you copied or remembered in the last step.
- Swap the Object with the Falcon in the VEHI tag.
- Open a new Tab (Right click *map name*.scnr at the top, and select 'Create New Tab')
- Open up the Falcon tag in the HLMT
- Under Variants, copy the Name of the variant you wish to spawn, in this case we will start with variant 0.
- Go back to the SCNR tag you have open.
- Go to Variant, and paste the Name you copied into the box. (If the previous Name was a string value, you will need to have this Variant Name be a string as well)
- Hit Save, at the bottom of the program
- Repeat Step 3 for each Class 2 block, and use a different HLMT variant each time. I will use variant 2, and variant 1.
Now when you select Falcon from the Forge Menu, it will show you three options to choose from, each spawning a different Falcon Variant.
Plugin codes if you don't have what I used:
Ascension Map Patch with the Falcon and the Shade having sub-sections. Use it for reference or whatever if you need to.
Sorry if it seems like there are too many simple steps that could have been explained in bulk, I figured more steps was better in case of confusion. This really isn't that hard to figure out, but I had a request for a tutorial and ended up posting it here.
This post has been edited by ManBearPig06: 02 June 2011 - 03:39 AM