Forge Help

Removing spawned vehicles underwater

#1 User is offline   Cuda 

• ☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNo.

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

I need help removing spawned falcons off the bottom of forge world under water. I spawned all eight underwater, and when they spawn they instantly explode. Problem is, on this same map, I got a nearly completed playable map, that is about 90% done, that said, restarting the map isn't an option, nor is reverting to a previous save. Any Idead how to get rid of the Falcons?

#2 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

ODST? Really? :P

Can you not select their spawn points (ie, where you initially dropped them; you should be able to select them still, even if their actual objects are currently 'dead')? If you can, you should be able to say 'delete all' and it should delete all falcons.

Why did you place them all down there to begin with...

#3 User is offline   Cuda 

• ☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNo.

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

they were on a grid as a placeholder for a concept we abandoned, and they all fell in the water. They all spawn underwater, and there isn't another one we can spawn outside of the water to select delete all. They spawn underwater, and perpetually explode underwater.

#4 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

You can't wait like a hawk and hit the delete button as soon as at least one respawns (I think the default is 3 mins?) Have you looked on b.net to see if their FAQs mention any solutions?

Also, please correct your topic's prefix.

#5 User is offline   INSANEdrive 

• INSANE "Maxiumus" drive
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCell Block #Q

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:01 AM

Saw this post, figuered I would try and help out. I gave it a rough guesstamation on where in the water you have the falcons.
I have tried the wait and grab method and it seems that they can't be selected, or at least can't get close enough with out exploding.
I tried adding blocks to the bottom, with the hope to push the spawned falcons away from the default death barrier, but when I tried it it didn't seem to work.
I tried also push them out of the way...but with no avail.

Good Luck.

#6 User is offline   DeadCanadian 

• Pip

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:03 AM

simply setting them to be invincible would prevent them from being destroyed so they could be removed.

so if you have a jtag you could mod it to do that, or if you didnt simply use a usb and transfer the usermap over and upload it and i could do it for you and simply send back after

This post has been edited by DeadCanadian: 30 May 2011 - 03:03 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic