Halomods Community Portal: [Gallery] Teh Lag does things - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Media
[Gallery] Teh Lag does things

to goats

#1 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

Once upon a time I was quite the productive fellow, running across the land making all sorts of models and animations and such.

That time is still upon us.

...But it will take some effort to totally port my old Modacity gallery, so for now the preceding hyperlink will have to do. For the moment, please accept some Youtube videos!

(This one is fresh off the press!)

(This one is from a goddamn year ago because I did almost nothing during college!)

I also do a series called "Animating with Teh Lag", in which I record myself doing work and provide commentary (either in the form of annotations or voice narration - though I am far less successful at the latter). I'm not sure how objectively helpful these videos are, but I'm told that, at the very least, it's cool to watch the animation process. I've got more than a few videos in the series - if you're interested check out the playlist - but for the sake of sanity here's my favorite entry:

I'm also the author of those vehicle boarding animations for the long-dead CMT SPV2 which seem to be inordinately popular:
(And thus the IPBoard media-per-post limit kicked in...)

Click for Wacky Wraith hijacking!
Click for Breakneck Banshee hijacking!
Click for Sexy Scorpion Hijacking!

So yeah, that's that. I'll be updating this thread periodically as (or if) I make stuff.

#2 User is offline   Wholfe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

bravo! :P im a fan of your battle rifle animating. loved the smg too.

#3 User is offline   TCK 

• Script, AI, UI widgets, cutscenes, solo gameplay.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Ha, looks nice! I've just started animating a while ago (third person, special-case animations for cutscenes such as in the second vid). I can't stand animating in first person for some reason :L

#4 User is offline   Wholfe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

third persons moar to look at and play with :P fp is more detailed and what-not.

#5 User is offline   Gary 

• ¬ 1337
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationMelbourne, FL

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

All very good work, I'm sad I won't see it ingame.

The one with the elite hijacking the tank is my favorite.

#6 User is offline   TCK 

• Script, AI, UI widgets, cutscenes, solo gameplay.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

View PostGary, on 06 June 2011 - 03:27 AM, said:

All very good work, I'm sad I won't see it ingame.

I'd actually be very happy to put some of these to good in-game use if TL wants to send me the download link :) (mostly the ones from the second vid).

Also you said they were WIP and you needed suggestions on them, I do have to say that at times the bipeds seem to move too fast. The movements themselves are nice but there are some times that feel just a bit too quick.

This post has been edited by TCK: 06 June 2011 - 05:39 AM

#7 User is offline   Wholfe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

he has the weapons in game on his youtube btw.

#8 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hey-hey! I've got more stuff!

This and a bunch of other things will be released tomorrow - hopefully that'll give a much-needed content-related stimulation to this site.

#9 User is offline   Wholfe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

omgggg spiker effects ftw!!!

#10 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

Ch-ch-check it out, new stuff!

THE HISTORIC EXCHANGE THAT SET THIS IN MOTION:

DarkHalo003: "Will you ever do a Beam Rifle that actually looks nice and works right in HCE? Just a simple qustion."
teh lag: "Maybe later."

...Later is now. This took ~3 hours to make, and by now I'm a total pro dude when it comes to reusing animations so once I had the set done it took only a few minutes to apply it to the other arms. Render overnight and boom! New video to show everyone! Oh I also turned down the motion blur because the more I think about it, it was kind of ridiculous in my last render video.

There's a lot I want to do for my next release so I can't give a solid date... but before any of that I really want to finish the nearly year-overdue conclusion to the BR tutorial, so I guarantee the next video I upload will be something for that.

#11 User is offline   Wholfe 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

i like the little flap that opens in the top. power source? reminds me of the pr you did that had a reload. :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users