Flashlight Triggers

Incl. Projectile Spawner tag

#1 User is offline   WaeV 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCosmos

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:52 AM

This is an older tutorial. I plan on rewriting it to be more professional in the future.

This is a simple tutorial on how to make a flashlight trigger; that is to say an extra weapon for a vehicle, triggered whenever the flashlight button is pressed.

If we look at the dependencies for any vehicle, we will see a pair of effe tags near the top. (I'm using Eschaton here) The second of these is triggered whenever the flashlight button is pressed. Simple!
Posted Image

Swap this reference to [effe:effects\coop teleport] and you'll get the following effect whenever you press 'Q' (or whatever your flashlight is set to).
Posted Image

That's very pretty and all, but we want FIRE AND DESTRUCTION!!! And for that we need projectiles. Import my tag here using Eschaton, and you'll be able to have an effect which spawns projectiles!

Projectile Spawner Tag Download

And there you are! Here's a look at the [effe:effects/projectile_spawner] tag. Four proj references mean you can have up to four different projectiles fire per one push of the flashlight. Note that Eschaton imports it a little oddly, and some of these show up as [garb] tags. You can safely change them to what is shown here:
Posted Image

Of course, I'm sure the concepts introduced in this tutorial can be used for MANY more things than a simple third trigger, but it's up to you to find them! Happy modding!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users