Halomods Community Portal: Tower to Tower - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_Xbox
Tower to Tower

Tower to Tower Challenge finally completed after 10 years!

#1 User is offline   SeanAero 

• Halo President
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

I hope this is okay to copy/paste articles like this and such?

Tower to Tower Challenge Completed!

halo.xbox.com said:

Back in 2004, during the halcyon days of the hardcore tricking community High Impact Halo, a group of folks kicked off what unintentionally became a several-year campaign to accomplish an amazing and seemingly impossible feat in Halo: Combat Evolved's second mission "Halo." In the latter part of that mission, players are sent to rescue a number of marines from the surrounding canyon beds, two of which have the very iconic Forerunner beacon tower at their centers. Though there is an enormous distance separating these two structures, players would spend countless hours trying to get the perfect combination of grenade and Warthog placement so that when properly detonated, they'd be launched toward the opposite tower with the hopes that they could stick the landing. Sounds impossible right? Well, it was "impossible" until just a few days ago. Check out what Ducain of High Impact Halo had to say about it, as well as the thread where Duelies provides a detailed breakdown of both the years-long campaign and the final accomplishment it itself:

Tower to Tower - Finally Complete
Duelies's "Tower to Tower" thread

So there you have it, with the work of Duelies and a handful of other dedicated Halo fans, a community effort that began years earlier to do accomplish something that seemed impossible for so long finally came to completion. This is a true example of the passion and dedication of the Halo community and in particular the folks who recognize and appreciate how fun and incredible Halo: Combat Evolved remains to this day. Thank you Duelies and everyone else who was involved in this. Great work!

Source: http://halo.xbox.com...completed/62589

#2 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:17 AM

I think it's better to leave non-modding stuff to HBO

#3 User is offline   SeanAero 

• Halo President
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

View Postkornman00, on 08 June 2011 - 02:17 AM, said:

I think it's better to leave non-modding stuff to HBO

Alright will do

#4 User is offline   LlamaJuice 

• Camera Whore.
  • PipPip
  • LocationSeattle Wa

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

As much as I agree with Korny, I appreciate this being posted.

I remember struggling to try to get to the top of one tower back in the day... to see this pulled off finally is pretty freakin stellar.

#5 User is offline   ManBearPig06 

• Shiroyasha
  • Pip
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:38 AM

Closer to 7 years than 10, but w/e. It was fun watching the two guys get close and finally get it when they were attempting it over at jumprs.

Korn, the anniversary announcement wasn't really about modding either (engine discussions aside), it's just huge news for the halo community, like this is (I'm sure I'm not the only modder who loved glitching/launching/jumping/bouncing etc).

#6 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:35 AM

HA10's talk is not directly about modding, but it's about an upgraded engine, which could be modded once released. This tower-to-tower thing is just a trick done in a single level in a single game; very micro, where HA10 is macro. The discussion for the game started off in the 343i & Bungie general forum, but as soon as it was confirmed, I added to the list of 1st Gen engines since it was confirmed to be primarily based on the original Halo 1 engine.

HA10 can lead to future modding works, where this T2T stuff is what it is.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users