• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_Xbox
All Halo 1 Map-packs

#1 User is offline   Tyler 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:40 AM

I have a box at home of almost every single halo 1 map pack burned, im out of state right now, monday i will be back and i will post all i have.

I kept these preserved for just this purpose lol, if anybody wants one on the list, please request and i can upload.

~Map Pack List~

(will be updated Monday)

Its Tyler from assembler games, im glad to see us back on the web.

#2 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:26 AM

When it comes to HaloCE and H2V maps, I'd much rather people use http://halomaps.org, so be sure to upload the maps there.

#3 User is offline   Snave 

• Pip
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

I think Tyler might be talking about Halo 1 Xbox? Not sure what the rules are on full maps + xbox executables are? Let alone the hosting of 300+ megs of files lol.

#4 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

Rules for downloads haven't been finalized yet. However, hosting "map packs" will only suitable for a mod team's work. Also, we're not going to be hosting (in the Downloads manager) map files which are just changes to the tag data. We may look into making subforum under Releases for patch files in the future, but at present, only major works of mod (instead of art, heh) will get put into the Downloads manager.

As for console executables, in order to avoid some major troubles in the future, it'll probably just be best to use patch files (especially since the changes are really never that big of a difference anyway)

#5 User is offline   Tyler 

• Pip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

View Postkornman00, on 06 May 2011 - 02:57 PM, said:

Rules for downloads haven't been finalized yet. However, hosting "map packs" will only suitable for a mod team's work. Also, we're not going to be hosting (in the Downloads manager) map files which are just changes to the tag data. We may look into making subforum under Releases for patch files in the future, but at present, only major works of mod (instead of art, heh) will get put into the Downloads manager.

As for console executables, in order to avoid some major troubles in the future, it'll probably just be best to use patch files (especially since the changes are really never that big of a difference anyway)

Yea there maps for xbox1, im just going to dump & upload the discs, you need the xbe's for the maps to work, because there halo ce converted map's, from the computer to the xbox, so the xbe's are customized for the maps somehow.

If u dont want me to post them, ill link to a pastebin with the iso downloads, but its xbox original, Microsoft doesn't care.

These arnt just tag changes, there completly different maps with completly different guns, everything from paintball to starwars

EDIT: since theres no were on the web to get these anymore since all the links are dead,
Im going to take pictures of all the maps, and if someone wants a specific one, ill upload it for them. that way theirs no confusion, i just want these to be available if anyone wants them, because there extremely impressive.

#6 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

If they're completely new maps, and they're not just silly "oh hey I heard you like trees, so I put trees around your trees so you can have wood while you shoot your canon pistol", then yeah, I think they'll be fine for hosting locally. The Xbe changes should still be hosted in a patch file, since it really is pointless in repeatedly hosting what is basically the same file, but with what amounts to minor changes.

Also, with the Downloads manager, we can have the files actually hosted offsite, or we can host plus give mirrors. We can also have multiple files in the Download article, so "map packs" aren't a problem.

We should have the Downloads situation squared away by next week. We'll have an announcement for it, to give people a low down on how it will all work.

#7 User is offline   Snave 

• Pip
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

View PostTyler, on 06 May 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

Yea there maps for xbox1, im just going to dump & upload the discs, you need the xbe's for the maps to work, because there halo ce converted map's, from the computer to the xbox, so the xbe's are customized for the maps somehow.

If u dont want me to post them, ill link to a pastebin with the iso downloads, but its xbox original, Microsoft doesn't care.

These arnt just tag changes, there completly different maps with completly different guns, everything from paintball to starwars

EDIT: since theres no were on the web to get these anymore since all the links are dead,
Im going to take pictures of all the maps, and if someone wants a specific one, ill upload it for them. that way theirs no confusion, i just want these to be available if anyone wants them, because there extremely impressive.

Iirc the xbe's were just modified to handle the larger file sizes of the maps. I have a few map packs still online here (Halo1 & 2)

#8 User is online   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:02 AM

Not that it could possibly be hosted all at once, but I have a 8.02 GB folder that is meant for the F drive (+others, I have the config.xml files), but it boots into:

HMP
HMP2
Conv
CXE
KMP
CCE
MLG1
MLG2
NMP
NMP_Cut
+11 other full mappacks that I just converted CE -> Xbox. I changed the version #'s on every mappack so you DON"T have to clear cache.

But if people need maps (none of these are patch appropriate), I do have the files.

On the menu, made by "stig" (something like that), it can boot legit halo, all the mappacks, clear cache, reboot, and shutdown.

I've used it for a lot of LAN parties. So if anyone is interested, I can try to work something out, but do not ask me to upload a 8.02 GB folder.

#9 User is offline   OwnZjoO 

• PipPip

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

What are the MLG 1 & 2 map packs? Are you referring to the Pwnytar and Insidious packs, or are these different ones?

#10 User is online   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

View PostOwnZjoO, on 17 May 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

What are the MLG 1 & 2 map packs? Are you referring to the Pwnytar and Insidious packs, or are these different ones?

Those exactly. I was in constant contact with Halo2Brian while he was working on those.

#11 User is offline   nodots 

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

So, the syslink connection between matching boxes isn't a problem with the 8GB data set, assuming the same pack is selected on each? (I've had problems with mods like this before, admittedly not with Halo.)

If not a prob, I wish I had the bandwidth to serve the 8GB folder (or mirror)! I have a system I could dedicate...

EDIT: Is there going to be any downloads available for this?

This post has been edited by nodots: 16 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

#12 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

Someone should check to see how many of those are already in the HMC archive, then we can just post links to them all.

#13 User is online   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

I changed the version numbers of all 20+ mappacks. So all profiles are there, and there's no need to clear cache. I actually played it with 7 friends 2 weeks ago. I'd be happy to try to help upload any main ones that people wish to have. The ones I made were literally when I had 13 converted maps, I made a really crappy UI with missing text and bad pictures and made it a HMP1, all the way through HMP9, HMPx HMPv, and I just made up letters to keep it at four characters. I also downloaded every oustanding mod + others that I personally enjoyed from the community back in 03 / 04 and they have made their way in there.

Main issues is that some maps you want Custom starting weapons so you get the custom weapons intended by map designers, but then some maps are default which means you spawn with Plasma pistol, then you have to restart the game over system link, and it can be a pain. I just played each map enough to know which ones were custom / generic. I actually started making a list and I was going to include it on the menu text but AngryCamels HUC and I don't get along and it likes to leave out text. I've done some with RPPE and it works, just enjoyed GUIs back when I was 14. Now I'm a senior in Computer Engineering so my time is really limited. I took 22 hours in the spring, 14 now in summer, and 22 again in fall. So if it's something simple like uploading a mappack (even H2) I have every one that I'm aware of that was released on an external hard drive I keep with me at all times.

So if there's any requests, let me know. I already provided the list a few posts above.

#14 User is offline   OwnZjoO 

• PipPip

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:03 PM

I recommend editing the system link key for the default.xbe file in each of those so they're unique also. That way only people with the same mappack can see your games. You can always just send them the xbe if that's all they're missing.

#15 User is offline   Winger 

• Grunt Breeder/Hunter Worm Breeder
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

nintendo9713, do you have Firefight a30.map in your collection somewhere? I heard there was a Halo 1 for xbox version out there...

#16 User is offline   hobojoe44 

• Pip
  • LocationOntario

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Halo maps V1 and V2

V1

V2

Halo map 1 and 2 download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4N8DI75

Hizlo's AI encounters: AI added to some multiplayer maps

Hizlo's/S3anyBoy's Spartan AI Bloodgulch
Like Halo Ai encounter but this version of Blood Gulch has Spartans instead of marines. The Spartans can drive vehicles.

We have have Hizlo's AI encounters & Hizlo's/S3anyBoy's Spartan AI Bloodgulch Download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AYHXK4XQ

This post has been edited by hobojoe44: 22 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

#17 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:32 AM

Snave, How come I get a blank page when I go to your mappack site?

#18 User is online   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

View PostWinger, on 20 July 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

nintendo9713, do you have Firefight a30.map in your collection somewhere? I heard there was a Halo 1 for xbox version out there...

Yes sir. Off hand I'm not sure but it is fantastic work by S3anyboy1. (Or whatever he goes by). I talk to him on Facebook, we're from the same area.

Sorry I'm in & out. It's finals week for my 14 hour summer semester. I'll tabApp the site so I'll check it regularly.

Can anyone think of something? It's on my todo list to make a home server. I'll gladly upload all the map files with a tutorial to set up everything. I'll leave out everything on the disc to cut off those few GBs. & I want to abide by site rules for uploads & legal issues.

#19 User is offline   S3anyBoy 

• AI Master
  • Pip
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:30 AM

YEEAAAAAA son
Here's the most recent version of ff_landslide I could find on my drive.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y9W4D222

What is ff_landslide? It's a firefight map taking place on the landslide area of the level Halo for CE and Xbox.
You start with 7, 5, or 3 lives (shared between players in coop) on Easy/Normal, Heroic and Legendary difficulty respectively. Lives are displayed in the bottom right corner, and once you lose your last life, you lose.

How:
You fight through 5 rounds, compromised of 7 waves each. Each wave is compromised of 10-30 enemies (approximately), and the makeup of the waves is roughly the same between round (Round 1 Wave 2 has almost the same enemies as Round 2 Wave 2). Enemies are dropped by 2 Spirits, and come from the pathways opposite the spawn area. Waves progress when about 80% of enemies from previous wave are killed, rounds progress when all enemies in previous round are killed. Each Round after the 1st has special attributes:
Round 1 - Normal
Round 2 - Enemies throw more grenades, and always drop grenades upon death
Round 3 - Enemies have more health and sheild (between 1.5 and 2 times)
Round 4 - Player has no motion tracker, and invisible enemies are much more common
Round 5 - Combination of the other attributes

You spawn with an AR and a Pistol, both with full ammo, as well as 4 Frag grenades and 2 Plasmas. When you respawn you have an AR and Pistol with 1/2 ammo, and 1 of each grenade type. If you die holding a weapon, it will disappear After each round there is a 10 second period before the next starts, this is when weapons, ammo, and healthpacks are restocked and you have a chance to set up a new defensive position. Weapons for each round are as follows:
Round 1,2,3 - AR (120 total rounds), Rocket Launcher (1 round), 2 Healthpacks, 4 Frag grenades, Rocket Ammo, 2 Pistol Ammos, 1 AR Ammos
Round 4 - Above + Shotgun (72 total rounds)
Round 5 - Above + Sniper (24 total rounds)

- Less enemies in early waves
- Pistol has slightly lowered damage, but increased accuracy
- AR has increased accuracy and damage
- Players start with full AR/Pistol and full grenades; respawn with full AR/Pistol and 2 frags
- Increased player health/shield from 75 to 80, decreased shield stun time to 4 seconds, decreased shield recharge time to 2.5 seconds
- AI ally improved and respawns more often
- Score is no longer displayed on HUD
- A life is added after the 3rd wave of every round, and at the end of each round
- Walking speed changed to 0.515 (from 0.512)
- Updated xbox version
- Beam rifle Elites are strewn in some of the waves (after 3rd)

If people are still interested I may get around to finishing and releasing the other maps I was working on too.

This post has been edited by S3anyBoy: 26 July 2011 - 01:39 AM

#20 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

Thanks nintendo9713 & S3anyBoy for your reply! S3anyBoy, thanks for your mod's description and link! :)
I hope that you finish & release your other maps! I'd like to try them, too. :D Are you going to have
any Flood swamps with Flood enemies? I believe that other people will definately want to try your other
maps out!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users