• You cannot reply to this topic

H1_Xbox
All Halo 1 Map-packs

#21 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 10 May 2011 - 03:02 AM, said:

Not that it could possibly be hosted all at once, but I have a 8.02 GB folder that is meant for the F drive (+others, I have the config.xml files), but it boots into:

HMP
HMP2
Conv
CXE
KMP
CCE
MLG1
MLG2
NMP
NMP_Cut
+11 other full mappacks that I just converted CE -> Xbox. I changed the version #'s on every mappack so you DON"T have to clear cache.

But if people need maps (none of these are patch appropriate), I do have the files.

On the menu, made by "stig" (something like that), it can boot legit halo, all the mappacks, clear cache, reboot, and shutdown.

I've used it for a lot of LAN parties. So if anyone is interested, I can try to work something out, but do not ask me to upload a 8.02 GB folder.

hey nintendo9713 im curious what are the other +11 mappacks, you should upload the mappacks that arnt on snaves website also why not ftp the maps off the disc so you dont have to upload the whole disc? its not hard to extract the iso use a program called qwix to extract them then upload

#22 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

I just started my 3 week summer break. On my to do list is to get this damn home server running. I know FireZilla has stuff but I don't have another copy of Windows so I got a free copy from Dreamspark of Windows Server 2008 RC and I'm going to try to set up my home server and then be able to share this stuff. Probably ~80% of the maps will get 'flamed' by the community because they don't have custom weapons, or vehicles, or are too big, or too small. I found maps that me and my friends liked and converted them. We were also all like 15 years old playing these maps too.

#23 User is offline   OwnZjoO 

• PipPip

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

Maps without custom weapons are usually the best. I like halo for the most part, sometimes its fun to have a crazy weapon in a random game to switch things up, but I just like new maps with the same weapon.

#24 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:04 AM

View PostOwnZjoO, on 31 July 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

Maps without custom weapons are usually the best. I like halo for the most part, sometimes its fun to have a crazy weapon in a random game to switch things up, but I just like new maps with the same weapon.

I'm with you on that. New maps, legit weapons vehicles (rocket hog wasn't bad) but I'm not a vehicle guy in general. I like close quarters narrow corridor with very little room to snipe, but there's still a sniper on the map for no scoping pretty much.

#25 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

View Postnintendo9713, on 01 August 2011 - 08:04 AM, said:

I'm with you on that. New maps, legit weapons vehicles (rocket hog wasn't bad) but I'm not a vehicle guy in general. I like close quarters narrow corridor with very little room to snipe, but there's still a sniper on the map for no scoping pretty much.

can you upload the converted maps?

#26 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

View Postdominater01, on 02 August 2011 - 01:25 AM, said:

can you upload the converted maps?

I'm working on it. I wish I could just use FileZilla but the only copy of Windows I had was Windows Server 2008 R2, and it has so much security I can't download anything on it or install. So I'm working on getting my home server up. Uploading the maps would be a perfect test to ensure it works!

#27 User is offline   OwnZjoO 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

Install ubuntu server and set up an ftp site. I'm sure there's probably tutorials on google.

#28 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:01 AM

View PostOwnZjoO, on 02 August 2011 - 10:51 PM, said:

Install ubuntu server and set up an ftp site. I'm sure there's probably tutorials on google.

Ownzjoo, I've been through hell with this :| I had Ubuntu on but I'm not familiar enough with it and the tutorials didn't assist me enough, then I installed Server2008, and it's just bleh. My ISP blocks port 21 so I changed it but that caused other programs not to work and I cascade routers in my home so it's a huge pain :\

#29 User is offline   OwnZjoO 

• PipPip

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:36 AM

Well if they don't block port 22 then you could have people sftp(ftp over ssh) in, it would already be set up if you installed ssh, which is one of the install options. All you would have to do is add an account for people to sign in to download stuff with, and set up some read only permissions and keep them in that directory. You can always have your router forward stuff incoming on port suchandsuch to port 21 on your server also. That's what I do for my website I had, just forward port 8000 to port 80 on my server and it works just fine.

#30 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:20 AM

Yeah. If anyone has a site that wouldn't mind hosting it, I'd be glad to assist. But it needs to be before august 17 if possible. I'll continue to work on it but have a lotgoing on.

#31 User is online   HIZLO 

• Pip
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

God this makes me feel old. <_<

I'll have halomaps.com up shortly for the sake of people who want the old mods, I still have the server and databases all backed up. I just have to enable everything again, bear with me!

For those of you interested in the old school mods I will be getting HaloMaps back up so you guys have shit to rebuild this site with. Hope all is well everyone and good luck with the site it looks good!

HIZLO

#32 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

Well hey hizlo! Halomaps has been down for quite some time. (I've checked). Would be great to get that database public again. Those old mods were golden. Thanks for coming help out! I have tons or arsenic tags. Cluis wanted to make a converted tag database to prevent reinventing the wheel. I have a good bit of vehicles weapons and scenery ready to drag and drop in arsenic. It's easier than ever to add custom content to Xbox!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users