• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2X
Forge Halo 2

#1 User is offline   JayJunkie 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

I was thinking about this one about 3-5 years ago and I don't think I ever noticed anyone ask.

Say you have a program that basically loads up a depository of halo 2 maps with all materials found in those... 3 other map files. (I can't remember the name of them) <_<

And basically gives a beautiful GUI in map no-clip style feeling in which you can choose items/materials to 'place' anywhere inside a map you have chosen.

Just like forge?

Some serious coding would be needed if possible :lol:

So basically What I'm saying is;

An application that has all the halo materials and maps loaded into it, then connects to a debug Xbox, and using the forge style free-roam program, select and place objects onto the map and notice the change.

Also would it be necessary to (re-)sign the map?

#2 User is offline   bumlove 

• Learning to program, women and children first
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationT' West Ridding of Yorkshire

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

I think there is a limitation to RT scnr editing that the map needs to reload before changes become visible, but I understand what you are saying, a mega map that references every bitmap bloc, scen, mach, vehi and weap from shared and main menu with huge numbered placement & index reflexives in scnr for said tags,
To top it off it should have the shared bsp as default but have a huge amount of space for bsp and lighmap so any bsp could be injected with no subsequent data shifting (thus no broken tags) and also there should be a large amount of space prior to ugh! for built in custom objects.
No I'm sorry to say it only exists in mine & your's heads atm
Entity's bsp editor is not far off, recent ideas from troymaclure mean large scnr additions are possible just not RT but the viewer is as good as real time if you had some "yard stick" objects like a bloc for displaying jump height, or running jump distance.

#3 User is offline   Xerax 

• Double Faggot
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

Load the BSP into a XNA model viewer. Spawn models and then store the cords/positions in memory. Then save the map and do all the map saving stuff then. So no need to re-load the map. I know Prey knows how to load BSP's in XNA.

#4 User is offline   JayJunkie 

• Pip

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:56 AM

Oh well I'm glad there are close enough alternatives anyhow.

So they are just in our heads for now, of course that's not to say it's not possible right?

#5 User is offline   bumlove 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

not possible, I couldn't say, but not plausible most likely.

#6 User is offline   OwnZjoO 

• PipPip

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:41 AM

If you can load it and modify it in a bsp viewer and connect to a debug xbox using RTH you should be able to do it. I think I remember something about how you might need to call a script to reload spawns. DarkShallFall, JacksonCougar, or XZodia would be the people I would talk to about that, or xbox7887 if you could get ahold of him. Using YeloDebug you could even get a video stream of your debug xbox.

#7 User is offline   XZodia 

• Code Monkey
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationScotland

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

I point you in the direction of DarkShallFall's recent projects, Onyx etc

#8 User is offline   bumlove 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

View PostXZodia, on 07 July 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

I point you in the direction.....

until the plugins are perfected/unified, or a good decopile recompile program is out there
we are all just pissing in the wind
a 10 hour mod takes 20-30 hours because of errors introduced by pluggins....
the means to perfect them are within blamlib............come on programmers some one must have some willing left to help

This post has been edited by bumlove: 07 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic