Halomods Community Portal: How to mod Halo 1 on a RETAIL Xbox 360! - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_Xbox
How to mod Halo 1 on a RETAIL Xbox 360!

#1 User is offline   JonathanX95 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:34 AM

Hello, this is a tutorial on how to mod Halo 1 on a retail Xbox 360, i first want to point out that this was found out earlier THIS YEAR by gamecheat13. This also works for ANY hard drive, mine is a 60GB and it works fine.

What you will need:

- You'll need either a Transfer Cable or an Xsata to do this.
- Halo Map Tools, Halo Hacker Tools or any Halo PC Modding tool.

1. On the dashboard of your Xbox, go to System Settings, and go to Memory, and then hit Y on your hard drive and go to Clear System Cache. (You MUST do this in order to get to the files)

2. Load up Halo 1 and now this is going to start getting confusing, just bare with me here, you can choose a maximum of 3 Multiplayer maps to mod and/or 2 Campaign missions to mod AT A TIME. If your wanting to mod Multiplayer map(s) then just load up a Split Screen game on the map you want to mod and then Leave Game and if you want more than one Multiplayer Map to mod at a time then just do the same thing, split screen a map, and then Leave Game. And if you want to mod a Campaign mission, just start up Single Player on the mission(s) you want to mod and then when it hits a Checkpoint, you can Save and Quit.

Now, when you got what you want, you can turn off your 360. And load your hard drive up to your PC.

3. Now, for the device opening tool, im going to be using Modio, Xplorer 360 will NOT work for this, you need to be able to access Partition 0 on your hard drive, and Xplorer only has Partitions 1, 2 and 3. So i recommend Modio (Modio Download Link), So when you have Modio, open your Hard Drive up in it.

4. Now, you should see there is a Partition 0 with 3 Folders under it called Xbox 0, Xbox 1 and Xbox 2. And were only going into Xbox 0.

Posted Image

5. Now, those Cache files are the map(s)/mission(s). Now, Cache 1 and 2 are the Campaign missions you chose (if you only played 1 mission to mod, then it will most likely be cache000) and Cache002 is just the UI (main menu, it can also be modded too) and Cache003, 004 and 005 are your Multiplayer maps, again, if you didn't choose 3 maps to mod and only chose 1 map then it will most likely be cache003 and if you chose 2 then it will be cache003 and 004.

6. Now, extract your cache files to wherever and open them up in ANY Halo PC mod tool, im going to be using Halo Map Tools, you can also skin AND even open it in Spark edit and build and more around crap, even PMI stuff (Haven't gotten Eschaton to work properly for them yet though) but its possible. Now, once you have done all the modding you want, close your modding tool and import them back into your hard drive and replace the cache files in it and tada! NO resigning or anything needed.

7. Plug Hard Drive back into Xbox (cause i have Transfer Cable) and load up Halo 1 and go play your maps or missions you just modded!

NOTE: What sucks is, this only works when you clear your hard drive's system cache, and that means when you try to play a normal 360 game on Live, it will make you update it in order to play the game online and when you do, that will reset the Halo 1 maps and erase the mods. I just think it as Xbox 360's way of backing up the maps (as you would for Halo PC when you mod something and want to original back). But other than that, you can turn off your xbox and do whatever and the mod(s) will still be there :).

Hope this helped! Again, i do NOT take credit for finding this, gamecheat did, and not to brag, but he was the first to tell me when it worked :)

Here are pics of what i modded as a test:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AND i even made a vid of me trying out some tests on Bloodgulch

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users