• AI Master
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

I'm going to continue working on my firefight mappack for Halo 1 Xbox/Halo CE

First map is "Landslide"
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y9W4D222

What is ff_landslide? It's a firefight map taking place on the landslide area of the level Halo for CE and Xbox.
You start with 7, 5, or 3 lives (shared between players in coop) on Easy/Normal, Heroic and Legendary difficulty respectively. Lives are displayed in the bottom right corner, and once you lose your last life, you lose.

How:
You fight through 5 rounds, compromised of 7 waves each. Each wave is compromised of 10-30 enemies (approximately), and the makeup of the waves is roughly the same between round (Round 1 Wave 2 has almost the same enemies as Round 2 Wave 2). Enemies are dropped by 2 Spirits, and come from the pathways opposite the spawn area. Waves progress when about 80% of enemies from previous wave are killed, rounds progress when all enemies in previous round are killed. Each Round after the 1st has special attributes:
Round 1 - Normal
Round 2 - Enemies throw more grenades, and always drop grenades upon death
Round 3 - Enemies have more health and shield (between 1.5 and 2 times)
Round 4 - Player has no motion tracker, and invisible enemies are much more common
Round 5 - Combination of the other attributes

You spawn with an AR and a Pistol, both with full ammo, as well as 4 Frag grenades and 2 Plasmas. When you respawn you have an AR and Pistol with 1/2 ammo, and 1 of each grenade type.
If you die holding a weapon, it will disappear.
After each round there is a 10 second period before the next starts, this is when weapons, ammo, and healthpacks are restocked and you have a chance to set up a new defensive position.
Weapons for each round are as follows:
Round 1/2/3 - AR (120 total rounds), Rocket Launcher (1 round), 2 Healthpacks, 4 Frag grenades, Rocket Ammo, 2 Pistol Ammos, 1 AR Ammo
Round 4 - Above + Shotgun (72 total rounds)
Round 5 - Above + Sniper (24 total rounds)

- Less enemies in early waves
- Pistol has slightly lowered damage, but increased accuracy
- AR has increased accuracy and damage
- Players start with full AR/Pistol and full grenades; respawn with full AR/Pistol and 2 frags
- Increased player health/shield from 75 to 80, decreased shield stun time to 4 seconds, decreased shield recharge time to 2.5 seconds
- AI ally improved and respawns more often
- Score is no longer displayed on HUD
- A life is added after the 3rd wave of every round, and at the end of each round
- Walking speed changed to 0.515 (from 0.512)
- Updated xbox version
- Beam rifle Elites are strewn in some of the waves (after 3rd)

The next map I'm working on is based on the Assault On The Control Room level.

Feel free to post any feedback, suggestions, love letters, etc.

This post has been edited by S3anyBoy: 28 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

#2 User is offline   Winger 

• Grunt Breeder/Hunter Worm Breeder
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

Excellent, S3anyBoy! Looking forward to it.It's going to be the very first Campaign Fire Fight Mappack! :D

#3 User is offline   S3anyBoy 

• AI Master
  • Pip
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

View PostWinger, on 27 July 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

Excellent, S3anyBoy! Looking forward to it.It's going to be the very first Campaign Fire Fight Mappack! :D

Well I was actually thinking of converting it to multiplayer so it could be played by more than 2 players at a time, and over system link.
But I was having some problems, and the fact that then the AI wouldn't scale by difficulty, and I'd have to rewrite the script that determines numbers of lives.

#4 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

Yeah, I see.And maybe more rounds could be added since it'll be multiplayer. But, the number of AI spawns would unfortunately be small, like
the Co-Op Beta Mod.That's probably going to take you more work. And I know you can pull it off. We're rooting for you!

#5 User is offline   Hotrod 

• PipPip
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

This sounds pretty awesome! I wish I had a modded Xbox to try this out.

#6 User is offline   S3anyBoy 

• AI Master
  • Pip
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

So, I spent a few hours working on the map the other day, but kept running into problems.
Now my harddrive failed and I had no backups for any of the working materials, so the mod is pretty much delayed indefinitely.

#7 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

View PostS3anyBoy, on 29 July 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

So, I spent a few hours working on the map the other day, but kept running into problems.
Now my harddrive failed and I had no backups for any of the working materials, so the mod is pretty much delayed indefinitely.

Good God, that's terrible.

#8 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

That's too bad. I was hoping to make love between the mods.

#9 User is offline   S3anyBoy 

• AI Master
  • Pip
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

2 year bump yo

With CMT SPv3 and the MC Collection coming out in a few months I've gotten the urge to mod Halo 1 again, but I'd like some feedback.

Should the firefight maps stay as "singleplayer" or "multiplayer"?

The choice to make it singleplayer was initially to support coop for the xbox version, however I feel that the porting and bugfixing for the xbox version was not time effective for the number of players (sorry xbox fans, but this means that I likely won't convert it to xbox either way). It seems now that people have figured out how to sync ai over the net so having it as a mp map could allow for online coop firefight.

CMT SPv3 should release by the end of the year, and with it many awesome assets to be used, would people want a "Classic" set of maps (with little/no added stuff) and an "Enhanced" set (with new stuff like BR, smg, new nades, new enemies, etc) or just the "Enhanced" set?

Honestly I think I'd probably like to just focus on an "Enhanced" edition (because there isn't a ton of variety in enemies or weapons in stock Halo 1, which become very apparent in firefight). Regardless it will likely be at least a month before I am in a good position to really start work on the pack (luckily I have recovered some stuff from old drives), and it's likely that I'll only be able to release another single map as a teaser before the end of the year. I will need some volunteers to help test (and help with anything else they want), so please let me know what you guys think about these ideas.

#10 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

I always liked the idea of SP to make your own campaign, just in every SP level pick a popular spot (a10 cafeteria, a50 grav lift, etc) and make it an actual campaign where once you beat one level, you move to the next. I can help test whether it's Xbox or CE but once MCC is out that's pretty much all I'm going to do for a while. & in the meantime I'm on H2 Vista.

#11 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

If it's for Xbox Classic it would be great, too. But, at the moment I can't test, because of Xbox HDD problems. I hope someday you continue it for Xbox. It would be fun in MP (4-Player split screen) fighting waves of enemies (including the Flood).

This post has been edited by Winger: 20 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

#12 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

can you please reupload this i dont have it anymore :(

#13 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

[XBOX]Halo 1 ff_landslide 10-18-2009u.7z