Halomods Community Portal: Teliporters on Moving Vehicles - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
Teliporters on Moving Vehicles

#1 User is offline   DarkSpyda04 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:27 AM

Is it possible to attatch teliporters to vehicles? Say I wanted to make an aquatic battleship and the crew is aboard. Instead of constructing the interior inside the ship, I could make it's own area and a teliporter attatched to the ship itself that leads between the interior and exterior. This way players may explore the ship while it moves about. Also, is it possible to make it so that players aren't affected by moving vehicles? It would be nice if they could walk about the deck while someone drives. I had this idea before I even got custom edition.

#2 User is offline   leor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Shit you just gave me an idea, im not sure if its possible on h1, but I think it is on h2...

(objects_attach <>) script would be your best bet.

#3 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

I don't know if you could have a moving teleporter. I would guess that if you made one, you would be the first; however, when you get down to making it, you may have to do some pretty crazy things to get it working. It is almost as if you have to attach the objective teleporter to the obstacle.

#4 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

Yeah, even if it's possible you'd probably have to jump through a *ton* of hoops to get it working... to the point where it might not even be worth it. Maybe someone more well-versed in scripting can propose a way of doing all this but I sure can't think of one.

#5 User is offline   SnipeYa 

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

well , im sorry to say its not possible because teleporters are set in the scenario tag as co-ords not entity's (scenery,vehicles,bipeds,effects,hud markers) and (objects_attach <>) only works for entity's. On the bright side you didn't waste to much of your own time i hope.

And sorry for the Bump i only sore it after that last full stop. XD

#6 User is offline   OpsY 

• Pip

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

I'm sorry but yes, it can be done. Kirby has achieved it and so have I used similar processes in the past. Obviously now the post is very old but there is a certain function that allows teleport to work on OBJECTS rather than bungie's scenario teleporters.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users