Halomods Community Portal: Armor Permutation Choice? - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
Armor Permutation Choice?

Could it be possible?

#1 User is offline   LNA8igD 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

I was thinking about this and I was wondering if it would be possible to create a local global variable that would be editable(via menu or map made to edit the variable) that would allow the user to change the spartan model viewable to themselves?

I'm just kicking around ideas right now, I haven't done any serious modifications to Halo CE in a while and even then they weren't that major. I'm not even sure if this is even a possible feat using the PC Halo engine.

#2 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

Even if you did implement such a feature (almost certainly requiring some extensive work put into working with Open Sauce or similar) you would also of course need to have the armor permutations themselves in the maps - effectively restricting you to only having this be a usable system on maps which use a player model with all of the appropriate permutations set up. In my opinion, not worth it.

#3 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

I have a theory. Would it be possible to script the game to edit the models in game? As in, you could write something like (Note that I have no idea what the script would actually be. This is just a very simple example not based on any scripting at all): Edit chief_helmet Remove Y=23 X=45 Z=9 Add Y=26 X=1 Z=0. Might this work or is it a crazy idea?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users