Halomods Community Portal: This site. This community. - Halomods Community Portal

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This site. This community.

#181 User is offline   Shoutrvb 

• Friend
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostSourceGuy, on 15 September 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

I guess I never realized how much Halomods meant to some people - and I learnt that you can't impose your will on a ton of people, only because you've got Admin rights :)/>

Oh gosh, those were some times. It's okay, we who worked with you knew you really did intend the best for the site. I shared many of your ideas as well. Many of them just weren't practical when considering how set in their ways the community was, and how difficult it would be to build a new community without a strong flow of content. It just didn't work out.

On a lighter note: it's good to see you, Sourcey. Hope things are good!

#182 User is offline   destroyer69 

• Pip

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

I think about this place a lot and everything that happened here, but only once every year or so do I check up on it. Kind of funny really, considering how much time I spent around here and this franchise in general, but I think it's better this way. I'd actually be surprised if anyone really knew or remembered me, but I remember you guys. I have a closet full of unmarked/scribbled-in-sharpie DVD-Rs with things that came from you guys, and even more memories hanging around there. It's fun to remember though, and everything here has become some form of personal lore of mine. When I think back however many years ago I was here, it's all good memories. I had huge respect for so many of these guys I didn't even know, but who released work that impacted my life in a pretty unique way. So thanks, for being who you were (and maybe still are?) back then, because what you guys did is something I'm unlikely to forget. My closet can attest to that.

The old archives say I first registered in 2005, more than 8 years ago. Feels like even longer, but I can still remember many things like they just happened. This is also the first internet activity this username has seen in over five years, and likely to be the last for at least another five. That said, I'll still be here occasionally lurking, just as I'm sure you guys do.

Thanks for the memories (and the mods!)

#183 User is offline   x088x 

• Pip
  • LocationThe University of Texas at Austin

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

Found something called "Mimesis Revived" that's been updated in 2013. Crazy to see that someone still has all of these files available! Kinda makes me want to try to find my old xbox. http://xboxdb.com/00...act=view&id=252

#184 User is offline   TechCP 

• Pip

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

Hey, it's DrXThirst. Not sure what made me think of you guys today.
@x088x I'm on that list!

#185 User is offline   INSANEdrive 

• INSANE "Maxiumus" drive
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCell Block #Q

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

You know... you know why I keep comeing back to this thread. This. ONE. Thread.

Its not because of all the "new-old" faces that KEEP poping into it like DaRealLogan, Corvette19, Kibito87, Chromega, AFuzzySquirrel, ThatGuyWhoBeatTheHorse, & destroyer69! Its not becuase it reminds me that this shit is close to (if not) 10 FREEKEN years ago! Its not even because of some other required third thing.

No . . . its becuse its a reminder that bunch of crazy, misguided, confused, angst filled whoisit-whatits ... ARE... Like ... *This CLOSE* to singing Kumbaya out of some shared bond of total nostalgia . Its magic. Posted Image

Freekin' Kids!

Also I like reading my posts. My posts are GOLD! I can still laugh at them because I -of course- understand what I say, and watch in wonder as everyone just blinks at me. Though I think a few of them (a few of them?) don't translate well because the context is lost, so it just seems like I'm being particularly aggressive, piercing, or just nonsensical when such isn't at all in intent. In fact, most of my "speaking" is done in a right good mood for just about all (95%?) of my posts, but I suppose that's the learning process for ya. Its why in part why I can speak as well as I can now - it gave cause for me to be asking questions. I did what I did because - in my deep struggle of myself I knew I needed to. The fun I had along the way was just a bonus. I have no regrets.

I did what I had to do to better myself. (Now I can do the same for others.)

This place; Its just a monument to my sins. How fitting for the grave. Got to love the poetry in that.

Oh ... and Have a Happy New Year. I guess... We'll see. We'll see. Posted Image

This post has been edited by INSANEdrive: 29 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

#186 User is offline   Aztec 

• Pip

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

Wow. This is crazy. So a huge wave of nostalgia hit me today, so I started searchin' around and such. This place is still here! This thread... brings back so many... Memories.

Gotta agree with a lot of ye; Halomods back in the day taught me more, and at a quicker rate, than any class I've taken in the almost decade since. I thought it might be a long shot, checking the IRC servers to just maaaaybe stumble upon some old names. Alas, this too shall pass.

Hell, I haven't even touched my 360 in months. I don't even know if people still mod console games. I was graced enough to discover the benefits of partaking in a community devoted to a common interest, and the windfall of knowledge that is grown from like-minded socialization. Throughout, I had the opportunity to be a moderator on the old Halomods forums, I managed to learn assembly, the halo tag structure, and even contribute to Prometheus during its stint. The "dark ages" of Halo 2 map resigning, cheaters running rampant. I learned so much damn Computer Science in those years, that when I finally took a class, I finished 2 years of assignments in just a couple months. Those were the days.

I'd love to try and see what happened to everyone.... I still chat with Veegie every once and awhile. If anyone has any knowledge about the following (terrible-memory stricken and incomplete list) I would be amazed: Grenadiac, MonoxideC, kornkob69, dmauro, Numerical, Malf, SourceGuy, N-, tjc2k4, and the many others I can't retrieve from my awful memory. I'd just like to see where everyone is at. Maybe I'm just a sucker for memories past.

Well, let this place be a testament to a very awesome, weird, digital ride. One which personally ended up pushing me in the right direction 'Real Life' style. Cya!

(If anyone be wantin' ter reconnoiter, feel free to drop me a line at my email.)

#187 User is offline   Noodle 

• Pip

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

http://old.halomods....author_id=81045

Being thirteen is a magical thing.

Yeah.... sorry about all that guys. :D

#188 User is offline   Numerical 

• Didn't do much
  • Pip
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

Aztec. My man.

#189 User is offline   Veegie 

• Technical Artist at Bungie
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Aztec, the man.

#190 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

I still talk to MonoxideC once in a blue moon. N- still trolls on AIM. Not sure about those other cats of ye olde Halomods

#191 User is offline   xbox7887 

• Software Developer
  • Pip
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

Lurking in the darkness of course ;)

#192 User is offline   DarkCloud 

• Pip

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:45 AM

I'll throw my hat in the "hello again" ring. Dark Cloud here, or Pkmnrulz240 as you may have seen me most anywhere other than ye ole' Halomods. I was a moderator years and years ago. The good old days indeed.

Always good to see this place still going, even if most of the old faces have moved on to different things.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users