Halomods Community Portal: This site. This community. - Halomods Community Portal

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This site. This community.

#201 User is offline   ScottyGEE 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:19 PM

I feel like I'd mostly be embarrassed to go over it ;p

#202 User is offline   Shoutrvb 

• Friend
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

Seeing your avatar takes me so far back, ScottyGEE. Really hoping you're doing well.

Would love to see more familiar faces on Facebook, rather than news websites talking about likely prison terms.

Send me a PM for those who care. ;o

#203 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostScottyGEE, on 13 November 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

I spent a lot of time here as a silly teenager and it was great. I often think about my behaviour though and think of just how much of a stupid prat I was. Despite that, without this place I would not be where I am today. I still enjoy tweaking things endlessly, drawing and sometimes, I am still a stupid prat. This place had a huge influence on who/where I am today. There was much respect to all of you

In my time jumping back around on modding forums over the past couple years, I've reflected several times on these exact thoughts about myself. It's shocking reading some of the stuff I've written, which I would immediately rewrite if I could.

On another note, have y'all see Zola's Halo documentary? If you haven't check it out here.
http://www.thehalofo...ntary-zola.html

It would be really fantastic to see something like this happen for Halo modding. Is anyone interested in pursuing a project like this? I guess it would include submitted interviews and footage. I have contacts for a lot of people still, and I'm sure we could get a lot of interview footage. We could discuss the history, how we fell into modding, Halo 1 and Halo 2 (maybe even later games), and the impact modding has had on out thoughts and our present lives.

Of course, we would leave out the bullshit, and only highlight the positive things. We all were part of an unbelievable community, and a documentary like this seems necessary for such a fascinating community Halomods created.

This post has been edited by DoorM4n: 20 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

#204 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

Doorm4n, I passed that idea on to Hizlo, CLuis, Llama Juice, and a few others. I'll also let GTJuggler know next time I see him on Xbox Live as well. I'd be interested in seeing a video like that for sure.

#205 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 21 November 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Doorm4n, I passed that idea on to Hizlo, CLuis, Llama Juice, and a few others. I'll also let GTJuggler know next time I see him on Xbox Live as well. I'd be interested in seeing a video like that for sure.

That's great, man! Thanks for being so interested in this idea. I feel a documentary would be one of the best ways to archive the glory and beauty that was once Halomods and Halo modding. Btw, add me on XBL nintendo. My gamertag is DoorM4n. Also, I didn't realize GTJuggler still had Xbox Live. What is his gamertag? If I remember correctly, it is some sort of variation of GTJuggler. He was one of my main influences in modding.

This post has been edited by DoorM4n: 21 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

#206 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 AM

Just sent a Friend Request, my tag is Agnt 007, had the name since pre-halo 2 on Xbox Live. And yeah, his tag is just GTJuggler, it's still on his website www.halogt.com . I'll be on MCC a lot, especially once all the bugs get sorted out. I try to party up with Llama Juice but when we search in parties we never find games.

#207 User is offline   CLuis 

• Pip

Posted Yesterday, 06:01 AM

:pbht:

#208 User is offline   HIZLO 

• Pip
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted Yesterday, 08:35 AM

View PostDoorM4n, on 20 November 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

In my time jumping back around on modding forums over the past couple years, I've reflected several times on these exact thoughts about myself. It's shocking reading some of the stuff I've written, which I would immediately rewrite if I could.

On another note, have y'all see Zola's Halo documentary? If you haven't check it out here.
http://www.thehalofo...ntary-zola.html

It would be really fantastic to see something like this happen for Halo modding. Is anyone interested in pursuing a project like this? I guess it would include submitted interviews and footage. I have contacts for a lot of people still, and I'm sure we could get a lot of interview footage. We could discuss the history, how we fell into modding, Halo 1 and Halo 2 (maybe even later games), and the impact modding has had on out thoughts and our present lives.

Of course, we would leave out the bullshit, and only highlight the positive things. We all were part of an unbelievable community, and a documentary like this seems necessary for such a fascinating community Halomods created.

Hey DoorM4n, it's been a long time bro... hope all is well with you. I think it would be great if we could gather everyone up. This was a great community back then and I loved being apart of it. So yea lets do it.

#209 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted Yesterday, 06:34 PM

Hizlo, really glad to hear from you man. I'm doing great, and I hope you're doing well, too. I'm pumped to see you're interested in getting this ball moving. With your involvement, I know this thing will be done right.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users