Halomods Community Portal: This site. This community. - Halomods Community Portal

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This site. This community.

#201 User is offline   ScottyGEE 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:19 PM

I feel like I'd mostly be embarrassed to go over it ;p

#202 User is offline   Shoutrvb 

• Friend
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

Seeing your avatar takes me so far back, ScottyGEE. Really hoping you're doing well.

Would love to see more familiar faces on Facebook, rather than news websites talking about likely prison terms.

Send me a PM for those who care. ;o

#203 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostScottyGEE, on 13 November 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

I spent a lot of time here as a silly teenager and it was great. I often think about my behaviour though and think of just how much of a stupid prat I was. Despite that, without this place I would not be where I am today. I still enjoy tweaking things endlessly, drawing and sometimes, I am still a stupid prat. This place had a huge influence on who/where I am today. There was much respect to all of you

In my time jumping back around on modding forums over the past couple years, I've reflected several times on these exact thoughts about myself. It's shocking reading some of the stuff I've written, which I would immediately rewrite if I could.

On another note, have y'all see Zola's Halo documentary? If you haven't check it out here.
http://www.thehalofo...ntary-zola.html

It would be really fantastic to see something like this happen for Halo modding. Is anyone interested in pursuing a project like this? I guess it would include submitted interviews and footage. I have contacts for a lot of people still, and I'm sure we could get a lot of interview footage. We could discuss the history, how we fell into modding, Halo 1 and Halo 2 (maybe even later games), and the impact modding has had on out thoughts and our present lives.

Of course, we would leave out the bullshit, and only highlight the positive things. We all were part of an unbelievable community, and a documentary like this seems necessary for such a fascinating community Halomods created.

This post has been edited by DoorM4n: 20 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

#204 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

Doorm4n, I passed that idea on to Hizlo, CLuis, Llama Juice, and a few others. I'll also let GTJuggler know next time I see him on Xbox Live as well. I'd be interested in seeing a video like that for sure.

#205 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 21 November 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Doorm4n, I passed that idea on to Hizlo, CLuis, Llama Juice, and a few others. I'll also let GTJuggler know next time I see him on Xbox Live as well. I'd be interested in seeing a video like that for sure.

That's great, man! Thanks for being so interested in this idea. I feel a documentary would be one of the best ways to archive the glory and beauty that was once Halomods and Halo modding. Btw, add me on XBL nintendo. My gamertag is DoorM4n. Also, I didn't realize GTJuggler still had Xbox Live. What is his gamertag? If I remember correctly, it is some sort of variation of GTJuggler. He was one of my main influences in modding.

This post has been edited by DoorM4n: 21 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

#206 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:26 AM

Just sent a Friend Request, my tag is Agnt 007, had the name since pre-halo 2 on Xbox Live. And yeah, his tag is just GTJuggler, it's still on his website www.halogt.com . I'll be on MCC a lot, especially once all the bugs get sorted out. I try to party up with Llama Juice but when we search in parties we never find games.

#207 User is offline   CLuis 

• Pip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

:pbht:

#208 User is offline   HIZLO 

• Pip
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostDoorM4n, on 20 November 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

In my time jumping back around on modding forums over the past couple years, I've reflected several times on these exact thoughts about myself. It's shocking reading some of the stuff I've written, which I would immediately rewrite if I could.

On another note, have y'all see Zola's Halo documentary? If you haven't check it out here.
http://www.thehalofo...ntary-zola.html

It would be really fantastic to see something like this happen for Halo modding. Is anyone interested in pursuing a project like this? I guess it would include submitted interviews and footage. I have contacts for a lot of people still, and I'm sure we could get a lot of interview footage. We could discuss the history, how we fell into modding, Halo 1 and Halo 2 (maybe even later games), and the impact modding has had on out thoughts and our present lives.

Of course, we would leave out the bullshit, and only highlight the positive things. We all were part of an unbelievable community, and a documentary like this seems necessary for such a fascinating community Halomods created.

Hey DoorM4n, it's been a long time bro... hope all is well with you. I think it would be great if we could gather everyone up. This was a great community back then and I loved being apart of it. So yea lets do it.

#209 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

Hizlo, really glad to hear from you man. I'm doing great, and I hope you're doing well, too. I'm pumped to see you're interested in getting this ball moving. With your involvement, I know this thing will be done right.

#210 User is offline   LlamaJuice 

• Camera Whore.
  • PipPip
  • LocationSeattle Wa

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:11 AM

I'm up to lend my part of the Halo modding story to whoever would want to get this ball rolling. I'd very much like to see something like that get done.

#211 User is offline   HIZLO 

• Pip
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:55 AM

I just can't help myself, but all this Halo talk made me realize just how much it means to me. Quite a few people have been asking me over the years to put HaloMaps back online. After I shut my server down a few years ago I thought that would have been the end. Now with people coming out of the wood work I can't help but feel all this nostalgia. With the talk of a possible documentary I would be more than happy to help out in which ever way I can. DoorM4n and I have been discussing this on the side, but we would need more people to dive into this project so we could start moving forward with it. I think it would be a fantastic idea. The Halo community has treated us so well over the years, why not give back. It could honestly be the start of something big. So start pulling your friends out of the wood work and lets try to make this happen.

As for HaloMaps we are back online. I'm updating the website daily and filling in content as I go, back ups are a wonderful thing. It feels good to breathe life back into something that meant so much to me over the years.

I also purchased a dedicated Halo CE server for HaloMaps. If any of you would like to schedule a game night so we can jump on and play just let me know. Please feel free to use it, what's mine is yours!

This post has been edited by HIZLO: 26 November 2014 - 06:56 AM

#212 User is offline   DarkShallFall 

• SandBox Guru
  • PipPip
  • LocationGrand Rapids MI

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

Pussy.

#213 User is offline   Ogrish 

• PipPip
  • LocationCali

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Like so many of you, I found Halomods way back in the day, it was shortly after the release of Halo2.
I was instantly sucked in, by the idea of recreating Halo the way i wanted.
I modded my Xbox, downloaded a couple mods and was hooked.
My first created mods were simple cheat mods, I would super jump, spin 360's and pull the trigger, getting crazy sniper kills with the SMG lol. This was fun for a day or two, but soon i was editing every tag and just seeing how things worked.

One of the first mod i ever shared was Headlong Rooftops, Playing snipers up there, was so much fun, soon i was shooting airlifts from the plasma pistol to make in game custom lifts to different rooftops. Playing above Headlong, Coagulation, Burial Mounds, or below Lockout had become the norm. I would check Halomods daily to see what people were working on, and the tutorial page was invaluable. The people here were all so creative and amazing, but i never really felt like part of this community till Remnants site came out, By then i was actually making and releasing fun and beautiful mods, I spent so much time modding, my wife and kids became jealous of it.

This became my art, I would share some mod i made, or some tag edit i figured out and see it played or used on XBC or Xlink Kai and would be filled with pride.

My name is Shawn Becker, former known here as Venom73 i am 42 years old, and im proud to have been, part of this community.

I admire so many people here, and had so many good times, thanks for everything.

my most notable mod: Probably, The Ruins

This post has been edited by Ogrish: 27 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users