• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
Walking AI in Halo 1?

#1 User is offline   Cain532 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

Can you force an AI encounter to walk to a command point rather than run? Working on making a cinegraphic introduction to a campaign mod I'm working on.

#2 User is offline   TCK 

• Script, AI, UI widgets, cutscenes, solo gameplay.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSC

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:27 AM

Most AI can do this by being set to "moving - repeat same position" and then having a single move position for that squad.

#3 User is offline   Cain532 

• PipPip

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:59 AM

I noticed a few tags in Guerrilla with most actor variants that were labeled "Always Run" perhaps there is a way to alter that tag somehow? I know that the PC is limited in the fact that it can't sense how hard the forward button is being pressed, hence why while you're playing all you do is run from point to point, but maybe there's a way to alter the tag in a manner? I'm sure there must be some way to accomplish such a simplistic task as this!

#4 User is offline   TCK 

• Script, AI, UI widgets, cutscenes, solo gameplay.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:59 AM

View PostCain532, on 19 September 2011 - 04:59 AM, said:

I noticed a few tags in Guerrilla with most actor variants that were labeled "Always Run" perhaps there is a way to alter that tag somehow? I know that the PC is limited in the fact that it can't sense how hard the forward button is being pressed, hence why while you're playing all you do is run from point to point, but maybe there's a way to alter the tag in a manner? I'm sure there must be some way to accomplish such a simplistic task as this!

I'm sorry for making such a horrendous bump as I haven't been here in quite some time, but to answer your questions about that, the "always run" setting on actors is referring to crouching behavior; in that context, walking is considered the same as running. The only way to get AI to walk is to set their initial/return states properly. If they still do not walk, they may either [A] not have walking (alert) animations or [B] not have alert animations referenced properly in the animation graph tag.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users