Jtag vs Gaming Computer.

#1 User is offline   blitzburnz4 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:29 PM

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!

Now before I start, I know I barley know you guys. If it matters I have been poking around here since Halomods came back up. As I am very interested in the progress of Halo Wars modding,(Credit to Kornman for looking into that. I will say thank you on behalf of the community.)and some other skilled modders in general. Albeit I'm not too adept at the techy stuff....As I'm just a lowly Xbox softmodder at the moment, but I still find your guy's creations interesting. Same as Modhalo. (The other site I'm a member of.)

Ok, so after saving two years and selling most of my old games and systems. I have 1375 dollars. I still have an Xbox 360 I barley use anymore since my Gold ran out and I got my PS3. I figure if I sold the rest of my 360 games, My Xbox 360 itself, Xsata, two controllers, and the rest of the accessories, I (Including a 20 gig harddrive) I could get another 150-250 dollars at really any time so keep that in mind please.

I've originally planned on getting a JTAG 360 for over a year now, and upping my modding game and pushing myself into bigger stakes modding. (Such as joining Team Opus, if they are still around) and using Modhalo (and also recently Halomods) as a base to start pumping out bigger and better mods. Possibly reinvigorating interest in Halo 3 modding. Which I believe there is still much left to behold of.

However in the last, eh, 6 months my brother who is in college. (Who I am close with) recently built himself a computer, and wants to help me build myself one online using my money. That way we could play cool games and shit together and such. He also thinks buying J-Tags are too risky and unless you are a tech guru hardware and software wise (like many of you guys here) in case problems arise, and are buying from a good souce, (Which is hard to find online) then you shouldn't bother.

Now right now nothing is going to happen, I'm 15 and at the mercy of my parents (Even though I did save, earn, and sell stuff to get the money) and they are dead set in their ways until this first semester ends with me having straight A's. However should the opportunity arise I don't want to have a doubt in my mind what I want. Although I am feeling a little bit more for the computer. What are your guys opinions?

Thanks ahead in time for the response.

FYI/P.S. my allowance is 15 dollars per week if I earn it (I get my age) through chores. My birthday isn't until next summer (Although I really only get 200 dollars for birthdays.) so I really can't work at the moment.

P.S.S. I can get you guys specs on the computer if you want me to. It's a pretty respectable computer that can run any game on ultimate currently out, and probably all the next gen games (Besides Battlefield 3, that is.)

#2 User is offline   shadowkhas 

• Definitely Gay
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSL, UT

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:04 AM

Save your money. Thank me later.

#3 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

With Bungie's next game more than likely coming out for the PC, and with H4 also probably seeing the light of day on the PC as well (not a quote from 343i, but my own personal educated guess based on observations), you may fair better by building a new PC. Also, jtags aren't the only solution for modding 360 games if you know the right people, but that's not really something I want to have discussed publicly on these forums.

#4 User is offline   Prototape 

• Wot
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Let me answer your question with another question.
What do you think you should do? cwatididthere.

Personally, I spent the duration of my stay at Halomods wishing I had the means to mod an Xbox, and once I did, I only used it probably 4 or 5 times. Not only that, the world of Xbox 360 modding changes so often, there may be an easier way to mod in the future (don't quote me on that, I know nothing of the subject. It just seems that there are new techniques being developed every couple of years). Xbox's come and go, but PC's are for life.

This post has been edited by Prototape: 23 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

#5 User is offline   Cuda 

• ☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNo.

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Get a PC. The end costs and risk is substantially lower than on the 360, and on PC, there are more titles available for modification, even some on 360 that cannot be modded. GTA IV on PC for example has a massive base for modding, whereas on 360 is non-existant. Same with the Fallout series and Skyrim that's coming out soon.

#6 User is offline   Xerax 

• Double Faggot
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:54 AM

If you are going for a JTAG, just get a ResetGlitch box. It can be done on any mobo, so you won't need a shitty xenon.

#7 User is offline   blitzburnz4 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:13 AM

Alright guys thanks for the help. Between modhalo's general advice, your guy's advice, and my brother's advice I'm going to get a computer.

I personally believe one way or another Halo 3-Present will end up on the PC. (Weather it be emulated or published) Once it is there I won't hopefully need a Jtag.

Stand by though, I will probably come back asking you guys for help on some specs.

This post has been edited by blitzburnz4: 26 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users