• You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions

#1 User is offline   FireBlaze 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:33 AM

---------------===Suggestions thread===---------------

In the original vanilla HCE Campaign, There were like, only 2 levels out of the whole game where you needed the flashlight and the scope night vision and those were a10 and a50. Maybe d40 in some stages i can't remember.

Since a50 is probably going to be snowy now instead of night, there's only going to be one level where flashlight is needed, and in SPV2 using the scope night vision made the whole thing turn whitish-green and I couldn't see a thing through it.

I don't know if turning flashlight really does make you more noticeable to enemy, but if it does, then i dont see why a flashlight is needed anymore its just like "Press Q to make yourself more noticeable to enemy" or "Press Q while zoomed to turn the screen completely whitish-green so you can't see a thing" since the flashlight and night vision is pretty much not needed in any of the levels anymore.

I was thinking that maybe on some levels, specifically d40 since the POA is like totalled you could make lights broken in some rooms to use flashlight more often, and maybe on level Keyes you could do the same since the ship is also heavily damaged, but since the you often pass those 'hangar bays' on covvie ships maybe you could make one of the bays completely secured by flood or covenant and have like a sniping part of the mission in those areas where you have to use night vision to see enemies.

Hmm... if you guys don't like the whole 'sniping mission' idea, maybe make sort of a 'sneaking past' mission. It's a bit hard to explain but more of like the whole room is dark and you can use the sniper's night vision to get past or something so that enemies don't see your flashlight and start shooting at you so you can use night vision to sneak past, maybe make the sniper silenced so you can snipe along the way unnoticed.

On second thoughts, I reckon the sneaking past mission would be better. You're supposed to be rushing to save Keyes in time and maybe you'd probably not want to attract too much attention idk.

This post has been edited by FireBlaze: 14 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

#2 User is offline   Faceman2000 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

In addition to these thoughts, I think it would be cool if all/most zooming weapons had night vision. Honestly, on some levels there's no point to zooming with the BRG, because you can hardly see the target.

#3 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

Right now you only get the flashlight if you have no OS, the flashlight function has been replaced with VISR mode for OS users.

#4 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

VISR > flashlight

OS > HA10

#5 User is offline   JLtheking 

• PipPip

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

Then are there any other significant areas added which would utilize or encourage the use of VISR?

#6 User is offline   FireBlaze 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

ok. well im glad at least something will be done about the flashlight.

Is VISR where things are outlined?

This post has been edited by FireBlaze: 08 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

#7 User is offline   Gary 

• ¬ 1337
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationMelbourne, FL

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:40 AM

View PostFireBlaze, on 08 October 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

Is VISR where things are outlined?

Indeed it is.

#8 User is offline   FireBlaze 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

Hmm... I think VISR could be useful on two betrayals. That map is extremely foggy...

This post has been edited by FireBlaze: 14 November 2011 - 02:55 AM

#9 User is offline   FireBlaze 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:23 AM

About the whole shooting down covenant dropships thing, I really think that should be removed. Especially on a30 where you're rescuing marines from covenant waves. I can't really explain this but all these dropships were supposed to be like, one of the main way enemies were supposed to attack you. It's like you're skipping most of the level by shooting them down.

As I said before it's very difficult for me to explain all this, but just try playing ASCM or the original campaign and then play SPv2. Play through a bit of a30, a50 and b30. You can sorta see how shooting down dropships ruins a lot of gameplay in a way. It's like you're removing a whole feature by cutting out of the whole dropship wave enemies off halo 1. You can see what i'm saying a bit more on legendary. It feels more of a challenge by killing the dropship waves rather than the dropship itself.

I propose that rather than having the actual dropship being able to be destroyed, you could rather be able to shoot the turrets off instead. It would be like adding an extra feature to the game instead of removing one. It would definitely make SPv3 a whole lot more of an experience and it would make the campaign a whole lot more fun.

This post has been edited by FireBlaze: 15 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

#10 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:49 AM

The original plan for the SPV2 ones was you could only hurt them by shooting them in the engines. That was never fully implimented and we never had anything balanced to make it actually difficult to take out the dropships. They can't be shot down in A50 right now due to tagspace concerns, and we're not sure yet what we're going to do in the future.

#11 User is offline   renegade 

• Part-Time Spartan
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

View PostMasterz1337, on 14 November 2011 - 03:49 AM, said:

The original plan for the SPV2 ones was you could only hurt them by shooting them in the engines. That was never fully implimented and we never had anything balanced to make it actually difficult to take out the dropships. They can't be shot down in A50 right now due to tagspace concerns, and we're not sure yet what we're going to do in the future.

I think the best solution to this would be to make a specially armored version of the Spirit while keeping the way you can take out the SPV2. -Then, you can crash it after a couple of hits, but it'd be a whole lot harder to take them out. I guess that keeps the core problem of letting yourself skip through the level there, but it'd be a whole lot harder to do so?

As for A50 (Truth and Reconciliation), the original audio makes it kind of awkward if you play in the snow, instead of night... Unless this is going to be dealt with, I would prefer it to stay as the rocky night scene as it originally is. After all, b50 and d10 (or whatever Two Betrayals was) is already a snowy level, so why have another one like that?

#12 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:22 AM

The last time we touched b40 and c40 we had them transitioning from a summery theme to a frozen tundra to a snowy area, so it's not like we have 3 all snow maps.

#13 User is offline   Faceman2000 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

A50's going to remain night time, isn't it? I was under the impression that it was snowy and at night, similiar to the original c40.

#14 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:39 AM

Will there be first person legs? I saw a video Kirby made that shows that it's possible.

#15 User is offline   x86melter 

• PipPip
  • View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:48 AM

How come the flashlight key was replaced instead of mapping a new key to a new function? Looks like there are extra slots in the controls setup menu. ;)

#16 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:19 AM

Hello fellow Dexter fan. The flashlight key is replaced with VISR because we use the status of the flashlight (on/off) to tell the game to have the VISR mode on or not.

Edit: No FP legs, kirby had it mostly working, but not in a way that we'd consider "good enough" to use.

This post has been edited by Masterz1337: 14 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

#17 User is offline   Hotrod 

• PipPip
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

Just gonna throw in here that Dexter is an awesome show :D

#18 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 14 December 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

Hello fellow Dexter fan. The flashlight key is replaced with VISR because we use the status of the flashlight (on/off) to tell the game to have the VISR mode on or not.

Edit: No FP legs, kirby had it mostly working, but not in a way that we'd consider "good enough" to use.

awww :'( it looked good to me, he just needed better player models. he was using the original one in that video. please ask him to finish it or make it an option to use it or not unless it messes other things up.

#19 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:07 AM

View Postscopedknife, on 14 December 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

awww :'( it looked good to me, he just needed better player models. he was using the original one in that video. please ask him to finish it or make it an option to use it or not unless it messes other things up.

You couldn't run backwards with out the legs separating and if you looked down when standing still you would see inside your legs.

This post has been edited by Masterz1337: 15 December 2011 - 05:08 AM

#20 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 15 December 2011 - 05:07 AM, said:

You couldn't run backwards with out the legs separating and if you looked down when standing still you would see inside your legs.

makes sense. thanks for replying.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users