• You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions

#241 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostJaz, on 09 April 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Possible, but quite laggy for those with less powerful computers. It would have to be either an option in Open Sauce if Kornman can be bothered to implement it or...

http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

i didn't know dof would cause a framerate drop.

#242 User is offline   BobtheGreatII 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

View Postscopedknife, on 09 April 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

i didn't know dof would cause a framerate drop.

It's a post processing effect... so yeah it would more than likely cause FPS drop.

#243 User is offline   LeugimPT 

• PipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

More suggestions:

- New Skybox
This gives a greater imersion. I enjoyed skybox of the Halo CEA, is similiar to the original and has a nice art: http://t0.gstatic.co...8udSvzb961e2SzQ

- Better textures
Despite the new textures was better than the original (a50), I didnĀ“t like them (I'm talking about the textures of rocks, and terrain).
Do not get me wrong, I was just waiting for textures at the levei of Halo 3, like this: http://imageshack.us...585314full.jpg/ and http://img692.images...1695194full1.jp and this http://imageshack.us...21726full.jpg/.

- Vegetation that reacts to the player

I don't know if it is possible.

- For Multiplayer, cycle 24 hours and remake maps

Sorry for my poor english :P

#244 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

They're not a professional paid team, remember.

It's not easy to achieve quality as great as CEA's skybox and Halo 3's textures.

Though if they asked eliteslasher about the textures, he could do it.
And Lumoria's skybox developer could probably achieve CEA quality.
Neither of them is likely to ever work with CMT though due to their required work on other projects, so don't hope for such high goals so quickly. ;)

#245 User is offline   LeugimPT 

• PipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostJaz, on 10 April 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

They're not a professional paid team, remember.

It's not easy to achieve quality as great as CEA's skybox and Halo 3's textures.

Though if they asked eliteslasher about the textures, he could do it.
And Lumoria's skybox developer could probably achieve CEA quality.
Neither of them is likely to ever work with CMT though due to their required work on other projects, so don't hope for such high goals so quickly. ;)

I now that isn't easy, but if we look at what has already been made is with a quality almost as good as CEA's.
And is just a suggestion although I believe they will do the best they can :)

#246 User is offline   BobtheGreatII 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

There was a custom skybox in a50. :eyesroll:

#247 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostBobtheGreatII, on 11 April 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

There was a custom skybox in a50. :eyesroll:

'as great as CEA's skybox'.

#248 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

i thought you only had to change the sky texture for a good skybox like cea (unless halo CE has a texture resolution limit.

#249 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

View Postscopedknife, on 11 April 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

i thought you only had to change the sky texture for a good skybox like cea (unless halo CE has a texture resolution limit.

Textures don't just appear magically.

Somebody has to actually draw it. ;)

#250 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostJaz, on 11 April 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

Textures don't just appear magically.

Somebody has to actually draw it. ;)

Yeah, after you make the sky texture don't you just replace the existing one with the new one?

#251 User is offline   BobtheGreatII 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

For a decent skybox you have to fully remake them. You have to add the new geometry, new textures, etc etc. A lot of work goes in to a skybox. From the sounds of it you're talking about something like just cleaning up the existing sky textures and throwing them in. It still wouldn't quite achieve what HA10 can do.

#252 User is offline   LeugimPT 

• PipPip

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostBobtheGreatII, on 13 April 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

For a decent skybox you have to fully remake them. You have to add the new geometry, new textures, etc etc. A lot of work goes in to a skybox. From the sounds of it you're talking about something like just cleaning up the existing sky textures and throwing them in. It still wouldn't quite achieve what HA10 can do.

Skybox uses geometry?

#253 User is offline   DarkHalo003 

• PipPip

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostLeugimPT, on 13 April 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Skybox uses geometry?

Yes. Skybox is actually a material that the Halo engine recognizes for the sky. It can be applied to any BSP surface in 3ds Max/Gmax. To have a skybox the level piece you are using must follow the sealed world rules, meaning there are no red errors in Tool. Skyboxes are annoying to create sometimes though, not that it's difficult or anything. It really just takes a while for something so simple (at least if you want it organized well).

#254 User is offline   BobtheGreatII 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostDarkHalo003, on 14 April 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

Yes. Skybox is actually a material that the Halo engine recognizes for the sky. It can be applied to any BSP surface in 3ds Max/Gmax. To have a skybox the level piece you are using must follow the sealed world rules, meaning there are no red errors in Tool. Skyboxes are annoying to create sometimes though, not that it's difficult or anything. It really just takes a while for something so simple (at least if you want it organized well).

No. Not quite. What you're talking about sounds a lot more like the "+sky" material that you add to your BSP in order to display the Skybox. While the BSP must follow sealed world rules, a skybox does not. This is because a BSP comes out as a structure file while a Skybox comes out as a normal ".gbxmodel". This means there doesn't have to be collision on the skyboxes. In other words, skyboxes are completely seperate geometry from the BSP, this allows you to use multiple skys in multiple maps without having to edit the geometry to make it work. For example:

Here is a raw copy of the BSP "a30_b". The extractor didn't quite inclue the part where you include the "+sky" material but you can see the geometry of this first:

Posted Image

Here is a test map of mine that is following the sealed world rules and using the "+sky" (blue) material:

Posted Image

And finally here is an image of the actual skybox itself from a30.

Posted Image

Edit: Actually I think that thing I have marked as "sun" is actually another planet... or something, not sure. I'm pretty sure the sun is a marker with a lens flare attached to it not a picture. Derp.

Normally the skybox is covered in a dome like shape in order to display the sky, in the case of a30 it was a layer for the atmosphere, stars, and more stars. I deleted them for the purpose of showing off the innards.

However, this all gets very confusing with the naming system that Bungie used. Technically the geometry that is the level should be called the BSP. However Bungie made you name it "Skybox" in 3ds Max when it's linked to the frame for the BSP. Then the "+sky" material tells the engine to basically display what Bungie called "sky"(and what should actually be called the Skybox) wherever the "+sky" material is applied. This can make it very confusing when talking about a BSP and a Skybox. They are two separate things, with separate bits of geometry.

So when we're talking about making more detailed Skyboxes, it's a matter of creating a custom .gbxmodel and tagset for each sky. This provides two problems. Someone has to model it, and someone has to texture it. Frankly it's a bit of a task to create realistic mountains or anything else for that matter and takes time. This is mostly why the Skybox in a50 wasn't as detailed as say the ones in HA10. It's all a matter of time really.

Anyway, not sure if I helped clear that up at all, but I hope I did.

This post has been edited by BobtheGreatII: 14 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

#255 User is offline   TailsTheGamer 

• I want YOU to make a contract with me.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostDocer, on 18 February 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Hey this can be possible?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDNOCgy_G8&feature=related

It was a concept by Kirby422. I uploaded a video to try to get it out there more because Kirby's video didn't have much views. Not sure if he knows about it yet but I gave credit to him. Also read the description. You can Download and install it. It requires OS and I'm pretty sure it's built into that map. Also check out Kirby's video here Sorry if this is a little late for you. I was going threw all the Suggestions and notice that the video link went to my video.

This post has been edited by TailsTheGamer: 15 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

#256 User is offline   MEnoWANTdisplayname 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostTailsTheGamer, on 15 April 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

It was a concept by Kirby422. I uploaded a video to try to get it out there more because Kirby's video didn't have much views. Not sure if he knows about it yet but I gave credit to him. Also read the description. You can Download and install it. It requires OS and I'm pretty sure it's built into that map. Also check out Kirby's video here Sorry if this is a little late for you. I was going threw all the Suggestions and notice that the video link went to my video.

I saw that vid 1 minute after it came in youtube.
but yeah, that could be good, but that isn't what they are doing now. when they make the next multiplayer maps, then that could be done.
They could clean it up a lot, like thay can get it so that you just go into edit mode, you don't go into a vhircle, and you don't have to go to the menue place.

#257 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

when they finish the project then we can talk about multiplayer.

#258 User is offline   Docer 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

jeje don't worry

i think that forge in halo ce would be awesome.

#259 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

better dynamic lens flare?

#260 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

so i'm guessing a forest map will look better then this with open sauce?
http://www.modhalo.n...opc-texmod-wip/

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users