Suggestions

#201 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Postsupersniper, on 28 February 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

you should add in a feature in the CMT extra's that says like xbox style or something, where it enables the aim assist for the campaign so if people want it more of an xbox style they can plug in a controller and play with the aim assist. so it's like playing the CMT version on the xbox. I think that would be really cool.

Ummm... did you even check the Extras menu or are you just randomly assuming they haven't already added aim assist?

#202 User is offline   TrantaLocked 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

Is the battle rifle supposed to be so weak? I get that the SMG has less range with more power, but it takes three BR bursts to kill a grunt on normal. Just saying.

This post has been edited by TrantaLocked: 29 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

#203 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

If it takes you three bursts you're doing it wrong. The BR does 13 damage per bullet with 3 bullets in a burst. Grunts have 30-60 (depending on rank) health on normal. Even if every single bullet hits the worst possible place as far as damage multipliers go you will deal 65 damage with 3 bursts (and more realistically it will be in the 90s).

#204 User is offline   supersniper 

• PipPip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

View PostJaz, on 28 February 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Ummm... did you even check the Extras menu or are you just randomly assuming they haven't already added aim assist?
i did look and I didn't find it. if you have a picture please post one.

#205 User is offline   boogerlad 

• PipPip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

reticule magnetism?

#206 User is offline   ShockwaveS08 

• Pip

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

View Postboogerlad, on 29 February 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

reticule magnetism?

It makes the reticle slow down when pointing at enemies that are close enough to be hit by one of your weapons, to help with accuracy. PC gamers prefer not to use it, as using a mouse is more accurate than a thumbstick.

#207 User is offline   byakugan67 

• Pip
  • Locationmexico city

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

its possible to EMP vehicles with OS?

#208 User is offline   boogerlad 

• PipPip

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostShockwaveS08, on 01 March 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

It makes the reticle slow down when pointing at enemies that are close enough to be hit by one of your weapons, to help with accuracy. PC gamers prefer not to use it, as using a mouse is more accurate than a thumbstick.

I was replying to the person above who is clearly lost.

#209 User is offline   MEnoWANTdisplayname 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

I was thinking that you can add your own ledgendary ending to the last leve, or mix somethign up so that it is realy unique
I also thought that you can play with what you have doen in the past with the easter eggs for hte next livels, like the MA5K assault carbine or the BRG that the elite and Johnson is fighting for at the end

#210 User is offline   supersniper 

• PipPip

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

one thing i'd like to see in here is switch guns with the AI, like giving you're allies certain weapons. Also I'd like to see a re-skin sergeant Johnson and captain keyes

#211 User is offline   MEnoWANTdisplayname 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

View Postsupersniper, on 08 March 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

. Also I'd like to see a re-skin sergeant Johnson and captain keyes

CMT needs to fo this, or it will sort of take away from the epicness.

#212 User is offline   ShockwaveS08 

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

I would like to present a few ideas...

1) 3D HUD that subtly reacts to player movements, a la Halo 4 and Crysis 2: If you look closely at the Halo 4 HUD, you will notice that it slightly bobs and weaves according to whether or not the player is moving. And the Metroid Online Mapping Team managed to get a mostly-3D HUD functional in Custom Edition (even though the only 2D elements of the HUD are the motion sensor and reticle, go here to see what I mean). Also, I'm sure the FXAA could take care of any resultant HUD aliasing.
2) Frag Grenades that detonate shortly after first ground-bounce, like in later Halo games: If you're going for Halo 3-style gameplay (not counting dual-wielding), adding this feature to the Frag Grenade would make it more useful for those who have played later Halo games. How else did you guys manage to get the Brute Shot's grenade to detonate after a rebound?
3) Health regen bugfix (Overshields are removed once health regeneration begins for some odd reason)

#213 User is offline   LieuRob 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostShockwaveS08, on 09 March 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

I would like to present a few ideas...

1) 3D HUD that subtly reacts to player movements, a la Halo 4 and Crysis 2: If you look closely at the Halo 4 HUD, you will notice that it slightly bobs and weaves according to whether or not the player is moving. And the Metroid Online Mapping Team managed to get a mostly-3D HUD functional in Custom Edition (even though the only 2D elements of the HUD are the motion sensor and reticle, go here to see what I mean). Also, I'm sure the FXAA could take care of any resultant HUD aliasing.
2) Frag Grenades that detonate shortly after first ground-bounce, like in later Halo games: If you're going for Halo 3-style gameplay (not counting dual-wielding), adding this feature to the Frag Grenade would make it more useful for those who have played later Halo games. How else did you guys manage to get the Brute Shot's grenade to detonate after a rebound?
3) Health regen bugfix (Overshields are removed once health regeneration begins for some odd reason)

The HUD by metroid mapping team was a weapon thing. (I think). Like, it was a part of the weapon, tied to animations. If you use open sauce in the metroid maps, and enable/change fov, you will see past the HUD and itll look weird/wont make sense. And they put so much effort into the 2D one too.

#214 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Well, maybe Korn could add a function into OS specifically for assigning HUDs to weapons/vehicles then?

It'd be great if there was a way to have the player be in a vehicle all the time. The vehicle could be the HUD itself, then other people could see the HUD reflected in MC's visor.

Dunno how you could get the player to get into a warthog without 'leaving' the HUD though.

#215 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostJaz, on 09 March 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well, maybe Korn could add a function into OS specifically for assigning HUDs to weapons/vehicles then?

It'd be great if there was a way to have the player be in a vehicle all the time. The vehicle could be the HUD itself, then other people could see the HUD reflected in MC's visor.

Dunno how you could get the player to get into a warthog without 'leaving' the HUD though.

...what?

3D hud isn't happening. It was a major PITA when it was used in Metroid Online (yeah, I helped out with that project) and an inordinately complicated set of hacks had to be used to get even the limited functionality it had there. I do not think any OS developers what to put the effort that would be required for such a miniscule benefit either.

#216 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

So whats the next map? I hope it's silent cartographer. It will look beautiful retextured and with the new shaders, and maybe even palm trees or more vegetation.

#217 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

Also are you guys going to do more graphically enhancement? color grading and new lens flare would be pretty cool too.

#218 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

View Postbyakugan67, on 01 March 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

its possible to EMP vehicles with OS?

This would be cool.

#219 User is offline   Amit 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

I think EMPing vehicles is possible without OS. You guys can't look at OS to solve all the previously impossible tasks.

This post has been edited by Amit: 12 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

#220 User is offline   supersniper 

• PipPip

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

skulls menu, where you can have skulls that will activate things in the campaign.

I'd love to see grunt birthday party skull in the campaign :)

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users