OccupySLC 2011

Yeah, we are

#1 User is offline   Prototape 

• Wot
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

Spent the night in the park with the Occupy protestors, but I had to leave for the weekend. I'm gonna try and be back Tuesday with a video camera so I can document that bitch up. They plan on staying as long as necessary, and are legally allowed to do so as long as they get freedom of expression permits on a day-by-day basis. There was no violence at all, and the SLCPD actually stuck around the park and hung out with us for a bit. No bad press at all.

I'm gonna post it in an album because there's around 56 photos, but here's some of my favorites out of that:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(The red tent by the tree is mine :3)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's the album:
https://picasaweb.go...cupySLCOct78th#

#2 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:11 AM

Awesome pictures! Keep trying to get the message heard and get political support!

#3 User is offline   Prototape 

• Wot
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

Thanks man. I'm on a little road trip right now but I'm going back Tuesday and I'm going to stay as long as possible to help out some more. I'm bringing my video camera and I'm just going to interview as much people as I can (protestors and non-protestors), film all the protests, and if I have the dedication I'm going to put a little documentary together and give it to them to spread it around to show people the group isn't just a bunch of kids wanting to get on the news. Also, the news coverage is scarce and when they did actually interview people, a lot of the people were just going: "Well.. Corporations.. and corporate greed and hurf durf durf", I want to get some intelligent responses out there.
But, I get lazy sometimes so I might not finish it :P

It's been a blast so far though. I mean, I didn't go for good times but I had fun regardless. I met a few interesting people (protestors, and hobos since the park we're occupying is notorious for homeless people). Looking forward to getting back.

#4 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

That's really awesome man. I hope you can get that documentary underway! I think it would be a really effective tool if you can provide an inspirational film to move the public! I hope you complete it! :)

#5 User is offline   Prototape 

• Wot
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

I hope so too :P People have made vidoes, but they aren't informative to those who don't know a lot about the group. It's just film of the protests matched with some music. Some of them are really good, but don't achieve much other than allowing people to see themselves in the march.
I'll at least get the filming done, from there if I don't feel like putting it together I can give it to someone else to use, hehe. But, it's not like I have a whole lot to do anyways, so we'll see. I'll post it here when it's done :) Probably won't be for a few weeks though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic