• You cannot reply to this topic

Reach
Screenshot Information

specifically player tagging data

#1 User is offline   HaLo2FrEeEk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

Over a year ago I wrote a program to batch-extract screenshots from CON files. All things considered, it turned out really well. Pretty much everything I learned about the screenshots I learned by just messing around and figuring things out. I started with support for the Halo: Reach Beta screenshots, but quickly expanded it to support Halo 3 and ODST screenshots, then retail Reach screenshots when the game came out. Currently it supports all versions of Halo 3, ODST, the Reach Beta, and Reach.

I built a preview tool into the application so that you could look at the screenshots before extracting and saving them, and there was one thing I never could figure out: the player tagging data in Reach screenshots. I know where the tagging data is stored in the .shot file and I get a little bit of information out of it (like the player's gamertag, service tag, and XUID) but I just can't figure out the coordinate data.

I worked on it for quite some time with a friend of mine and we were never able to make any headway with it, and eventually we let it go. I recently started looking at updating the application with some improvements and hoped that someone had some information about this particular problem. Anyone that knows anything about how the tagging data works would be greatly appreciated for helping me out.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Also, if anyone knows anything about how Bungie converts a player's XUID to the PXD attribute they use to view a player profile (click a player's name when viewing a file, the PXD attribute is a encrypted or something version of the XUID) it would be most appreciated.

This post has been edited by HaLo2FrEeEk: 11 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic