H1_Xbox
Sbsp Properties

#1 User is offline   Kibito87 

• H1X Modder
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

I was wondering about this today. Long long ago, I tried to make the ice on Sidewinder into another material such as grass...I never did succeed in doing this, mainly (from what I remember) because I couldn't figure out what property needed to be changed/edited to make it not slippery. Coming back here after so long has kind of gotten me interested in making a mod but I was wondering if this was work that needed to be done via editing the actual model or if it could all be worked out with guerilla. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   skyline 

• Pip

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

If I remember correctly there's a property in the environment shader tag which sets what kind of material it is (grass, dirt, ice, etc...) there is than properties in the global tag (globals/globals.globals) or in the physics tag of vehicles, I forget what properties are where, that can be adjusted like how much friction ice gets. You'll probably just want to change the type of material in the shader tag and leave the properties alone.

#3 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

View Postskyline, on 23 November 2011 - 04:35 PM, said:

properties in the global tag (globals/globals.globals) or in the physics tag of vehicles, I forget what properties are where

globals tag, in the materials block (ice has an override for the ground friction scale)

#4 User is offline   Kibito87 

• H1X Modder
  • PipPip
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

Awesome! Thank you both! I'll check it out when I have some free time. I have to unpack all my maps as well as modding tools. :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users