Halomods Community Portal: I believe in the belief of belief - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Debatable
I believe in the belief of belief

Tell me what that statement means to you

#1 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

'I believe in the belief of belief'
Could be written as 'I believe in the believing of beliefs'. Apparently it's "kinda" lesss confusing. xD

I was just reading an article about religions in games, and somehow, even though it's got barely anything to do with the article except that it's related to beliefs, I came up with the above statement.

I know what the statement means to me, but tell me what it means to you. ;)

This post has been edited by Jaz: 21 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

#2 User is offline   bumlove 

• Learning to program, women and children first
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationT' West Ridding of Yorkshire

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

I really like this question, totally open ended,
to me it says that even though what you think to be true, is full of sh*t it it still hold value because you have faith in it,
because we are all individuals and every opinion regardless of how twisted it is, holds value to you (the submitter), and ignoring/disapproving/dismissing an idea (if it has a following) will have repercussions people will counter that argument religion and politics come to mind which are best left well alone on a BB
people of religious faith believe their doctrine, and their evidence is limited, is it wrong? nobody can say, does there belief infuence their decisions yes so what you say is true yet misguided

#3 User is offline   renegade 

• Part-Time Spartan
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

That's an interesting way to think of it.. :P

Personally, I think that means like belief in itself is really an abstract thing to begin with -you have to believe in belief; belief, like anything else in people's minds like memories and logic, isn't perfect.
It's abstract. It's unreliable. It takes that faith, risk and gamble to go with your belief.

That... risk that's there in anything in life, I guess? -is what I think that quote means.

-whoops.... was that too deep and crazy? Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users