Halomods Community Portal: Aim Assist Mods on Live Growing...... - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reach
Aim Assist Mods on Live Growing......

Preventive Measures in Place?

#1 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hey guys, I modded Halo 1 and 2 for many years and I'm still familiar with the programs, and I remember halo 2 modding getting so out of hand on xbox live derailing my favorite multiplayer experience of all time. I was pretty upset about it and now I logged onto Reach last night to play and I get two Aim Assist mods in a row, and it was just a rush of memories from Halo 2. Do you guys know if Bungie is doing anything to combat this? I left the guys cheating feedback but I feel that doesn't matter in the long run besides the fact he had 30 headshots with a sniper. I saved the films and his reticule is just going nuts.

Is this just another uprise of cheating mods that will dominate the XBL servers?

If this goes in off topic for whatever reason, feel free to move it. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

Bungie has nothing to do with Halo anymore, it's all on MS/343i now.

Don't judge Reach's (or really, XBL's) environment based on one night, and just two matches. Those users could have easily been playing their first few games before the XBL servers 'detected' any console mods.

#3 User is offline   Shock120 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

These fail ass mods will not dominate Xbox Live.

#4 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

I watched a youtube video and it is apparently through a profile save with a very elementary tutorial that anyone could do. I hope it was just bad luck on my part, I'd hate to see it turn into anything close to what happened to Halo 2.

#5 User is offline   Twis7eD 

• PipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 26 January 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I watched a youtube video and it is apparently through a profile save with a very elementary tutorial that anyone could do. I hope it was just bad luck on my part, I'd hate to see it turn into anything close to what happened to Halo 2.

Not true. A JTAG or RGH Xbox is needed to do these mods. And I kind of find it very unlikely that you would run into two different people, in two different games both using auto aim. I'm not calling you a liar, but it's EXTREMELY unlikely. There's only a handful of people who know how to get online and most of them waste their time making money modding the Call of Duty series.

#6 User is offline   Gamecheat 

• PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

Its all these assholes with Devkits on Prodnet
my friends do the same shit

#7 User is offline   Ogrish 

• PipPip
  • LocationCali

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

I wont even play halo3 anymore, ever game i play has someone, or multiple ppl using AA.
Ive only played halo3 maybe 10 times in 3 months and each session i played several matchs with Gay ass cheaters,
I though i just sucked at first because ive been playing reach so much, then i started camoing and watching.
Not only AA but is being used, but un head-shotable is being used.

Sad times indeed.

Ill stick to reach till this happens, then im done.

Recently Ive seen run threw walls and super speed jumps on XBL.

#8 User is offline   Yayap4 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostOgrish, on 07 May 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

I wont even play halo3 anymore, ever game i play has someone, or multiple ppl using AA.
Ive only played halo3 maybe 10 times in 3 months and each session i played several matchs with Gay ass cheaters,
I though i just sucked at first because ive been playing reach so much, then i started camoing and watching.
Not only AA but is being used, but un head-shotable is being used.

Sad times indeed.

Ill stick to reach till this happens, then im done.

Recently Ive seen run threw walls and super speed jumps on XBL.

This post shows how little you know.

#9 User is offline   Twinreaper 

• Old School
  • PipPip
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostYayap4, on 13 May 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

This post shows how little you know.

Trust me Yap, Ogie knows what he is talking about. The current generation of Live and the cheat detection is much lacking as of late. Although it is not suprising seeing as how Halo 4 is on their top priority list. I wouldn't be suprised to see H3 server support coming down months after Halo 4 releases anyway. You know something is up when they release recon to everyone, yet you could still easily go into a co-op match and earn it the old fashion way. A sign of things to come of sorts.

#10 User is offline   Twis7eD 

• PipPip
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostTwinreaper, on 14 May 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

Trust me Yap, Ogie knows what he is talking about. The current generation of Live and the cheat detection is much lacking as of late. Although it is not suprising seeing as how Halo 4 is on their top priority list. I wouldn't be suprised to see H3 server support coming down months after Halo 4 releases anyway. You know something is up when they release recon to everyone, yet you could still easily go into a co-op match and earn it the old fashion way. A sign of things to come of sorts.

343 did that just as probably a gift to the community and probably as a sorry since they no longer track stats for H3. It's not like server support is going anywhere. I'm sure it'll stay up as long as Xbox LIVE is still supported on 360 (aka years from now).

#11 User is offline   hexthat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCali

Posted Yesterday, 05:48 PM

First time I played reach in swat some guy was jumping high and shooting bullets out the back of his gun and all shots were head shots. JTAG is very common but the people that use it usually dont make it so obvious that they are cheating. Most cheaters just double the distance and angle of the auto aim, and nobody can tell they are cheating.

#12 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 06:38 PM

Two year old thread, and I'm the OP. I don't even remember making this post.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users