Halomods Community Portal: Official Update, 1/31/12 - Release Date Inside - Halomods Community Portal

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Update, 1/31/12 - Release Date Inside

#21 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Nope. One map that is backwards compatible with non-OS users.

#22 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Strictly speaking - there will be one .map file that has *most* of our features which will be loading with or without OS, but there will also be a .yelo (which is OS-required) that supports things that depend on OS-only functions which break the stock game like the scripting we use for the VISR and 3shot/singleshot BR.

#23 User is offline   Hiralis 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Personal, the only thing I find a little off is the contrail in this image Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Docer 

• PipPip

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qQ4-ehCwv0&feature=related

This post has been edited by Docer: 04 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

#25 User is offline   tomsteel1 

• PipPip

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Deleted.

This post has been edited by tomsteel1: 04 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

#26 User is offline   Docer 

• PipPip

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Posttomsteel1, on 04 February 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

You re-posted that why?

I don't see it in the forum
then this guy is a beta tester?

#27 User is offline   tomsteel1 

• PipPip

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostDocer, on 04 February 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

I don't see it in the forum
then this guy is a beta tester?

Oops sorry, it was posted in another CMT SPV3 thread. And no, I'm not a beta tester ( cries inside ). I Would like to create some logo's and graphics for the team though, I'm good at that stuff. :D

#28 User is offline   MEnoWANTdisplayname 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

LOL, I can't play with the mouse & keyboard, so I got out one of them controler connecter things, and after HOURS of trying to get it connected, i found that it was stood on a fiew years ago. and my birthday is on the 15th, my parents can get me a new one! :pbht:

#29 User is offline   TrantaLocked 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:26 AM

The progress being made here...freaking unbelievable. I seriously cannot imagine how amazing this mod will be in the future.

Also, I like the HUD a lot. I was second guessing it at first but the more I look at it the better it gets. Take the middle element from this HUD:
and keep the two current side (weapons and grenades) elements the same (thin vertically if necessary for balance/symmetry) and you'd have a pretty nice HUD. The thickness and the plus sign of the health/sheild bar makes the current middle element look cheap compared to the one in the new sounds video, but the current side elements are banging, especially with the tilt.

This post has been edited by TrantaLocked: 07 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

#30 User is offline   Roviet1337 

• PipPip

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostTrantaLocked, on 06 February 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

The progress being made here...freaking unbelievable. I seriously cannot imagine how amazing this mod will be in the future.

Also, I like the HUD a lot. I was second guessing it at first but the more I look at it the better it gets. Take the middle element from this HUD:
and keep the two current side (weapons and grenades) elements the same (thin vertically if necessary for balance/symmetry) and you'd have a pretty nice HUD. The thickness and the plus sign of the health/sheild bar makes the current middle element look cheap compared to the one in the new sounds video, but the current side elements are banging, especially with the tilt.

uhhhh your aware thats the old spv2 hud in that video rite? they already made a new one....

#31 User is offline   TrantaLocked 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostRoviet1337, on 08 February 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

uhhhh your aware thats the old spv2 hud in that video rite? they already made a new one....

I was comparing the two actually.
Posted Image
I was suggesting to take the shield/health bar from the old HUD and stick it in the new HUD. I don't really care that much as the new HUD is already pretty good.

This post has been edited by TrantaLocked: 08 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

#32 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

The HUD is pretty much final. It's up to teh lag to adjust it to his wishes.

#33 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

That's giving me a bit too much credit. A more accurate statement would be that anyone on the team can alter it as long as it gets past my (and most of the rest of the team's) approval.

#34 User is offline   Bobblehob 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

View Postteh lag, on 09 February 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

That's giving me a bit too much credit. A more accurate statement would be that anyone on the team can alter it as long as it gets past my (and most of the rest of the team's) approval.

I really hope a major change does get approved by the team, because the HUD as it is in that image is a major step down from what H3freak was showing off a few weeks ago.

#35 User is offline   TrantaLocked 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

Bobblehob, the newest HUD is a more efficient version of h3freak's HUD with the same style, atleast in my eyes. There is no longer the image of the spartan head on the left side (good), and the grenade layout is now much cleaner and simple, as is the weapons box.

I'm all for the CMT style, but style does not mean unnecessary.

This post has been edited by TrantaLocked: 10 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

#36 User is offline   Bobblehob 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostTrantaLocked, on 10 February 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

Bobblehead, the newest HUD is a more efficient version of h3freak's HUD with the same style, atleast in my eyes. There is no longer the image of the spartan head on the left side (good), and the grenade layout is now much cleaner and simple, as is the weapons box.

I'm all for the CMT style, but style does not mean unnecessary.

It is in no way more efficient, its the exact same information displayed in a more bland way. The spartan head in the old HUD actually had a purpose, as a replacement for the flashlight meter and represented whether or not the VISR mode was on or off.

#37 User is offline   Amit 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

View PostBobblehob, on 10 February 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

The spartan head in the old HUD actually had a purpose, as a replacement for the flashlight meter and represented whether or not the VISR mode was on or off.

A purpose? It serves no purpose at all. If you need an icon in the corner of the screen to tell you if the VISR is on or off, you have bigger issues to worry about.

#38 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

Yeah, well it looks cool.

#39 User is offline   TrantaLocked 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

Good thinking Amit. I will add that the reason I'm not so stoked about some of the CMT HUD designs is because the SPV2 HUD annoys me in that it is bulkier than it could be, despite looking really good style wise. Take away the empty blue space and you would have probably the best CMT design out of all.

Look at all of the Halos. Bungie/Microsoft always opted for style+efficiency. The HUD design in Halo 3 and Reach is a success because of how streamlined it is, despite covering the whole top of the screen.

This post has been edited by TrantaLocked: 10 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

#40 User is offline   Faceman2000 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

I seem to recall reading shortly after the mod was announced that there was going to be four totally new custom weapons in the mod. I awesome the Brute Plasma Pistol is one of them; what are the others and if that's a secret can we expect to see them in this release?

This post has been edited by Faceman2000: 10 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users