Halomods Community Portal: Wii60 : Playing Xbox 360 with a Wiimote - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reach
Wii60 : Playing Xbox 360 with a Wiimote

[WIP] First Prototype as of 2/21/12

#1 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to showcase my current project but it is a project that I'm doing for Halo. I had a few days off for Mardi Gras here in southern Louisiana and decided to build a circuit to interface with an Xbox 360 controller. I did spend 6 months last semester programming on and off and will never be as lucky as to have the software work on the first try upon set up. Without further ado, the two minute video:

I'll be experimenting with different controls but I have a lot of future plans. I'd love to hear ideas from you guys of ways I can improve it. Hope you guys enjoy it!

#2 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

Holy crap man that's pretty cool!

#3 User is offline   bumlove 

• Learning to program, women and children first
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationT' West Ridding of Yorkshire

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

That is cool...... I've always felt that the wii remote was really under used, although most wii games are shit thrown together collections of mini games.
I think for the best gaming experience this set up should be used, having said that If only the remote had 2 analogue sticks 1 for footwork 1 for head direction and you could use the Infra Red abilities for gun direction , so you could be looking in a direction but shoot at something in the corner of the screen.
I understand the game won't accept a input for a free wielding gun

Once you're happy would you share your schematic?

This post has been edited by bumlove: 25 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

#4 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

@spartan - Thanks!

@bumlove - Thanks! I don't have one of those but I know they're cheap. I'll look into getting one. I played my first game with it and went 15-16 on Boneyard. Was really hard >_<. I need to make it smoother but I did get a headshot with a sniper on someone standing still. & as for schematic, this project will be due in early May so I'll end up uploading it once I've made it along with code.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users