Halomods Community Portal: Release! - CMT Spv3 - The Truth and Reconciliation - Halomods Community Portal

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release! - CMT Spv3 - The Truth and Reconciliation

This is what we came here for.

#1 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

(We also have this nice HD gameplay video by Shock120)

Custom Mapping Team, or CMT, is comprised of some of the Halo community's oldest, best, and brightest talent, brought together under the common goal of making the most complete, fresh, and entertaining Halo 1 campaign mod in the game's long and storied history. As the culmination of several years of work and experience, SPv3 is the most comprehensive modification of Halo 1's campaign yet, extensively revising and adding to the core gameplay while almost completely overhauling the visuals and audio.

This first release contains the level "The Truth and Reconciliation," or "a50." Future releases will continue to refine and build upon the groundwork laid here, with new additions and major enhancements retroactively applied after significant milestones. Make sure to regularly check the official forum at http://www.halomods.com/cmt for more information and updates on future releases, along with developer updates and exclusive media!

There are two different maps you can download - which one you want depends on whether or not you plan on installing Open Sauce.

The .map can be played with or without Open Sauce, but is missing several secondary visual and gameplay features that rely on OS scripting and memory boosts.

The .yelo can only be played with Open Sauce, but contains the complete experience. Specifically:

-No Open Sauce/.Map version: Basic mod

-Open Sauce/.Map version: Basic mod, normal mapping, phong lighting, postprocessing effects

-Open Sauce/.Yelo version: Basic mod, normal mapping, phong lighting, postprocessing effects, VISR mode, dynamic Battle Rifle behavior, enhanced CMT Extras menu, assorted easter-eggs

If you have any questions or issues, make sure you read the included CMT Manual file first!

----------------------------------------------------

To install:

1. Extract the .map or .yelo from the .rar you downloaded.
2. Place the .map or .yelo in your Halo Custom Edition\maps folder.
3. If using the .yelo, make sure there is no .map with the same filename (in this case, “a50”) inside your Halo Custom Editon\maps folder.
4a. If you have a UI that supports campaign map-loading, just start a new game on The Truth and Reconciliation. (If you do not have one, the halomaps.org archive has several for you to choose from: http://hce.halomaps....cfm?pg=1&sid=26)
4b. If you do not have a UI that supports the campaign or otherwise cannot load the map from the main menu, launch the game with the console enabled, type in "map_name a50", and hit Enter.

To uninstall, simply remove the .map or .yelo from your Halo Custom Edition\maps folder.

The latest Open Sauce installer can be found off the OS Google Code Page. We highly recommend you install OS - the process incredibly simple and non-intrusive, and the benefits are immense. The only requirement is that you update a properly installed copy of Halo Custom Edition (this means you're not using a No-CD crack!!!) to 1.09, you don't have any other .dll-hook based addons to the game running, and do not use XFire while you are playing the game (seriously, even having the XFire process running can make Open Sauce crash, so make sure that you’ve completely ended the program!)

LINKS!!!!

Just a quick update: We're now up on Halomaps! These maps have a few minor updates (the MediaFire versions have also been updated); namely:

-Bushes no longer pop in/out of view at weird angles
-Destroying dropship's turret no longer makes its doors open
-Fixed a stray vertex on the Chief's arm
-Tweaked a few easter-egg things in the .yelo version
-Gave BR an extra magazine of ammuniton

We've also released the passwords to un-protect these maps for tag extraction! Go here for more information.

.Map version (Backwards compatible)
[Mediafire mirror] [Halomaps.org mirror]

.Yelo version (Requires Open Sauce)
[Mediafire mirror] [Halomaps.org mirror]

Again, if you're downloading the .yelo, make sure you DO NOT have an a50.map file inside your HCE/maps folder, make sure Open Sauce is installed on a legit version of HCE version 1.09, make sure you have no other .dll hooks and make sure you do not have an XFire process running!

Credits:

CMT SPv3 Team Members:
Teh Lag - Team Leader and HCE polymath
Masterz1337 - Co-Lead, gameplay balance, and encounter design
Ifafudafi - Co-Lead, gameplay balance, and effects

Arteen - Encounter & level design
Boba – Concept, 3D & texture art
BobtheGreatII - 3D art
ChokingVictim - Programming
Conscars - 2D art
Dano - 3D & texture art
Flyinrooster/Roostervier - 3D art
H3freak - HUD design
Kirby422 - Scripting, encounter & level design
NuggetWarmer - 3D art
ODX – Animation
Shadowspartan - Programming & Tools; Tag references
Siliconmaster – Lighting
SlappyThePirate – 3D art
Warsaw – Gameplay balance
Xalener - Sound design

Additional Contributors:
CtrlAltDestroy – Tag references
Hunter/MartynLeeBall – 3D art (Shotgun high-poly model; publicly released on Halomaps.org)
Neodos – Concept & 3D art
NeurologicalDisorder – 3D art (Warthog model; not present in this release)
Sin0w - Scripting, encounter & level design
Yoko/Mendicant Bias – 2D & 3D art

Kornner Studios & the Open-Sauce people:
Kornman00, TheFieryScythe, Choking Victim and Shadowspartan

We also would like to credit the people at Bungie Studios (past and present) for Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST and Reach, upon whom our mod relies so heavily!

Testing & Feedback:
Amit
BobtheGreatII
Hotrod
ICEE
Itszutak
Limited
Reaper Man
TeeKup
Timo
Warsaw

Lastly, we would also like to re-credit those who were credited for SPv2, as this project draws on their hard work even if they were not active CMT members for SPv3:

Masterz1337
Teh Lag

Arteen
Boba
Conscars
Dano
Doom/Sneeze
FlyinRooster/Roostervier
HDoan
Higuy
ICEE
Il Duce Primo
Kirby
Lightning
Lodex
Moses/Play4Phlx
NuggetWarmer
Phopojijo
P0lar Bear
Scooby Doo
Selentic
Wave of Lag

ZTeam
-CtrlAltDestroy
-Choking Victim
-ShadowSpartan

As always, an enourmous debt of gratitude is owed to Bungie, Microsoft and especially Gearbox Software for allowing this community exist, thrive and continue to do what we love for a game we love. Thanks for letting us stay around and thanks for giving us the tools to do this!

We also owe our friends at Modacity.net and Halomaps.org for being great platforms for this humble community to stand on.

The “Halo” franchise and all related IP is © 2001-2012 Microsoft Corporation/343 Industries.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now hit it, Marines! Go, go, go - the corps ain't payin' us by the hour!

#2 User is offline   Bloodshot 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

OH HELL YEAH

MY LOWER BODY JUST EXPLODED

#3 User is offline   Docer 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

Downloading THANKS!!

#4 User is offline   LieuRob 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

Posted Image
Been waiting 5 years for this :D

#5 User is offline   TrantaLocked 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

Yes! Thank you CMT :D

The new lighting effects and marine/spartan models really give the inside of that pelican a realistic look.

This post has been edited by TrantaLocked: 25 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

#6 User is offline   Docer 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

hey i have a problem i installed open sauce and all the things but when i open halo. don't run just start it and it close :S
i want to play yelo version please help me!!

#7 User is offline   byakugan67 

• Pip
  • Locationmexico city

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

the new weapons like that confetti shootgun and the yellow carabine as the battle rifle that shoots rockets or granades are awesome!! thanks!!

#8 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostDocer, on 25 February 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

hey i have a problem i installed open sauce and all the things but when i open halo. don't run just start it and it close :S
i want to play yelo version please help me!!

Make sure:

1) You have Halo Custom Edition version 1.09. For-real 1.09, not a version-changer program thing.
2) You do not have XFire running.
3) You do not have any other addons to the game (i.e. version changer) installed.

#9 User is offline   TrantaLocked 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

Wow...I started playing this and could not believe how amazing the improvements and additions were. It is just absolutely stunning. The sniper rifle is legit; comparable to or better than the anniversary edition model. The sniper rifle sound seems uncharacteristic/weak but thats ignorable. The lighting and new textures bring a whole new atmosphere to the game. The HUD feels natural; I like it.

The top rated UI I downloaded from halomaps doesn't even let me get past the select difficulty screen in campaign. I click on normal and nothing happens. Either my end is screwed up or the A50 map isn't being recognized by the current UIs available. I'm able to play using the console which I'm cool with. I do own a copy of Halo but have version changer installed just to check out games being played on other versions. Version changer doesn't interfere with SPV3 as far as I know from my brief testing, but again note that I can't advance in the campaign section with a custom UI.

This post has been edited by TrantaLocked: 25 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

#10 User is offline   scopedknife 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

i love you guys :D it was fun to play i'm gonna play it over to find the Easter eggs!

#11 User is offline   Shock120 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

-Open Sauce/.Yelo version: Basic mod, normal mapping, phong lighting, postprocessing effects, VISR mode, dynamic Battle Rifle behavior, enhanced CMT Extras menu, assorted easter-eggs
WIN!
Awesome sauce!
:D

This post has been edited by Shock120: 25 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

#12 User is offline   As7raios 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Made a thread over at bungie.net about the release. I decided to write a review after playing as well. Thought you might want to look at it. :P

#13 User is offline   boogerlad 

• PipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

I'm loving the joke carbine =)

#14 User is offline   Bloodshot 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

Before I finish playing it, I just wanted to say some of the ways you guys have expanded the gameplay is really outstanding. The brutes don't feel tacked on (and that's a great trick, recording ragdoll physics for death animations for brutes) And the game just feels more strategic overall.

I have to compliment you guys on the new Hunter behavior especially. In the original on legendary it still felt like the "hunter dance" where you do the same thing, rinse and repeat, but the new hunter actions forced me to change my strategy and made for a much more satisfying boss fight experience. I can't wait to see the rest of the level, and after that what future levels will be like (which hopefully won't be as long of a wait :P)

Seriously, thank you all.

#15 User is offline   Darkness 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

I have a problem with the bitmap, I think it is corrupt and even sounds. I use the italian version of halo custom edition that is the problem?

#16 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

That should not be a problem (though, we had no testers using foreign versions of the game so maybe it is...)

Could you post a picture of what is happening so we can try to figure it out?

#17 User is offline   Darkness 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:48 AM

Here:

Posted Image

#18 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

...Oh, dear.

Yeah I have no idea what could be causing that - maybe it is a language/localization problem. Do you know if you have a modified "bitmaps.map" file? Also, are you playing on the .yelo or .map version of the release?

#19 User is offline   Darkness 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:59 AM

No, bitmap.map the file has not changed, I only have the Italian version of halo custom edition that is definitely the cause of the problem.

The problem I find is in the normal map a50.map and a50.yelo.

This post has been edited by Darkness: 25 February 2012 - 06:06 AM

#20 User is offline   zealotmystic 

• Halo Noob Here
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:15 AM

say, ive been following u recently, playing spv2 to try out, but boy this is one of th best campaign mods I've ever played!!! Thanks a lot, now u gave me high hopes about spv3!!!

the only one problem is that when i face lots of enemies, it lags. I understand that opensauce enhances gameplay, but any recommendations on how to improve performance?

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users