Halomods Community Portal: Release! - CMT Spv3 - The Truth and Reconciliation - Halomods Community Portal

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release! - CMT Spv3 - The Truth and Reconciliation

This is what we came here for.

#101 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Guys, this was fantastic. I just got the chance to play through it. The only thing that got me was the sound of shields being depleted. I was playing with headphones and when I lost shield, it was very loud drowning everything else out. Although I'm sure if you were the masterchief and you lost armor and it was beeping, you'd hear it the loudest too. Other than that, it played very smooth. (Yelo version) It was insanely fun to play, seeing new weapons and such while retaining halo 1 gameplay. I hope now that a good portion of the tags are made, you guys can have an easier time with future releases. Thanks for all the hard work, this does not look easy to put together so smoothly.

#102 User is offline   Amit 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

supersniper, on 07 March 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

damn tough audience...

I'm just one person and I'm not trying to put you down, but blocks of gameplay footage of a product that was released over a week before doesn't seem very promotional.

#103 User is offline   zealotmystic 

• Halo Noob Here
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

i luved this mod so much that i actually replayed it like 11 times since it release. the gameplay, sounds, encounters, everything baffled me. the only things i find weird is the hunters. after i usually kill them, i found out that their assault cannon is missing. did it selfdestruct or something?

#104 User is offline   supersniper 

• PipPip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

zealotmystic, on 16 March 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

i luved this mod so much that i actually replayed it like 11 times since it release. the gameplay, sounds, encounters, everything baffled me. the only things i find weird is the hunters. after i usually kill them, i found out that their assault cannon is missing. did it selfdestruct or something?

In Spv1 it was a "glitch easter egg" that was allowed to pick up and use. It had no model and you couldn't crouch with it.
in Spv2 it was then touched up, and made a new weapon you could use.
in Spv3 i dont know if it's planned to be used or not, but they explode when the hunter dies, just as how the fuel rods explode and the energy swords deplete.

#105 User is offline   ajnauron 

• Pip

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

I've got to say that you guys have done a great job with this, I can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing the campaign. The graphics look incredible and they're much better than Halo 2 PC with everything maxed. I love how fast the needler melee is. The only thing I thought was off was the slower rate of fire on the sniper and the carbine.

#106 User is offline   SeanAero 

• Halo President
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Finally found the time to play this today, loved it!
Carry on :)

#107 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:41 AM

A bit late isn't it? lol

#108 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

Spartan314, on 19 March 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

A bit late isn't it? lol

You're still playing Halo?

A bit late isn't it? lol

#109 User is offline   SeanAero 

• Halo President
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Spartan314, on 19 March 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

A bit late isn't it? lol

Rather late than never!
I had some doubt it would actually run on my laptop, so I figured I might even wait longer until I get back to my desktop.
However, after a driver update for the video card on my laptop I was more confident and figured I should give it a try.
With an average of 32FPS it was very do-able!

Other than that, I've been in China since early Feb and will remain here until mid June for my graduation internship.
My weeks are filled with more social/business/other stuff, couldn't really make time to sit down for a few hours and spend it on fully exploring a map.
I'm glad I finally did. :)

#110 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Well, it's been almost a month. I don't like February and I don't like leap years. Have a thing to celebrate.

These are some assorted Open Sauce-related goodies that are being released by CMT!

Specifically, these are various tags & other files that were used in the SPv3 A50 release to take advantage of Open Sauce's features. Just paste the contents of this archive into your HCE folder and you should be good-to-go. However, there is some kind of advanced stuff in here so I am assuming that you know what you're doing with the HEK. If you don't, get ready to learn.

It should also be noted that the things contained here are designed for SINGLE-PLAYER-USE ONLY, especially things like the VISR, single-shot-toggling BR and CMT Extras menus. Don't try to use this stuff in MP unless you know exactly what you're doing or you will run into nightmare problems.

---------------------------------------

Here's what's inside:

-All tags and source-files related to CMT Extras
--This includes the .hsc files used for the scenario
---Of special note, "globals_spv3.hsc" contains the scripting logic for the ingame VISR, the Single-shot-toggling BR, and the other CMT Extras things
--This includes all the VISR-related tags that we made or edited
---And the HLSL .fx source file for the mod's custom VISR shader
--This also includes the UI widgets used for the CMT Extras menu (read a little bit down for instructions on enabling this)

-The .hsc file for the A50 scenario itself (Open Sauce-only version, though there's only like one line that needs to be removed to make it non-os compatible)
--Gaze and marvel at properly-formatted HSC code, dozens of commented-out lines and the terrible hacks we used for this project

-The .project_yelo (and related files) used for the A50 scenario
--This includes all the setups necessary to get a map building with the VISR effect if you're lazy and don't want to do it yourself
--But be warned! This also includes the map's bloom settings so you may wish to go in yourself and configure that as you wish.

-A rough definition file for Notepad++ of Halo's scripting language (found in the \data\ folder; just import the .xml as with any other user-defined language)
--This makes scripts way easier to read if you use Notepad++ since syntax stuff will be highlighted and colored!
--The file doesn't have an exhaustive list of HCE's global variables and other minor things; if it's not in hs_doc.txt or the Halo Scripting Bible it's not in there but it was good enough for us

-A few example shader_model tags that use Open Sauce's shader extensions
--These WILL NOT be valid tags unless you're using Open Sauce
--These are only shaders, not bitmaps (see immediately below)

-The HEK+ password to un-protect the A50 release .map and .yelo so you can put our tags into Bloodgulch and Halo Trial like a pro modkid (or just learn from them who cares)
--.map file's password: "goodiez4meandu"
--.yelo file's password: "keyesman00"

NOTE 1: The passwords only work on the updated release's files, so if you downloaded before the release was up on Halomaps.org, redownload or the passwords won't work.

NOTE 2: HEK+ doesn't like to extract tags correctly that have Open Sauce additions (or are completely unique to Open Sauce) so use care with that. Shader_model tags probably won't extract correctly. You might have to re-make some of them yourself, boo hoo. Anything else of interest should be contained in this archive.

NOTE 3: A few things in the tags contained in this archive may depend on some tags not provided here; using the above passwords you should be able to extract anything you need from the released maps (or you can just fix the references yourself).

TO ENABLE THE CMT EXTRAS MENU:

1) Open Guerilla.
2) Open the tag "ui\shell\solo_game\pause_game\pause_game.ui_widget_definition"
3) Scroll down to the "child widgets" section
4) Select the element labeled "pause_list"
5) Re-reference that tag to "cmt\ui\shell\solo_game\pause_game\pause_list"
6) Save! You're done!

There is some unused stuff in the CMT pause menu folders; some is useful and some is not. If you're feeling adventurous you can poke around there.

That's it! Have fun and maybe learn something about this terrible game.

~CMT

http://www.mediafire...nsauce_tags.rar

#111 User is offline   d3athrune 

• Pip

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Amazing, after playing this It felt like the best experience in video games I've had in a long while.

I would love to play it on lan with my friends, anyone know if its possible ????

#112 User is offline   Chief12 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Till now, the only one who I know can use open sauce smoothly in HaloCE is CMT and they're not going to make a MP map.....

This post has been edited by Chief12: 27 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

#113 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

Chief12, on 27 March 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Till now, the only one who I know can use open sauce smoothly in HaloCE is CMT and they're not going to make a MP map.....

Why would you think CMT are the only ones who can use open sauce smoothly?

Kornman can use OS smoothly.

And Nick appears to be doing well with Open Sauce.

#114 User is offline   Chief12 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Kornman created OS, of course but to use in HaloCE I believe CMT's better :)

ps: I didn't mean anything

#115 User is offline   TrantaLocked 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

The .yelo works with an Athlon XP, check out my post in the hardware thread.

This post has been edited by TrantaLocked: 01 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

#116 User is offline   zealotmystic 

• Halo Noob Here
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

happy april fools day, and no im not gonnna do pranks
will other weapons such as these appear in other cmt spv3 maps?
a)beam rifle
b)spartan laser
c)mauler (halo3 brute pistol/shotgun)
d)sentinel beam
e)fuel rod gun
f)flamethrower
g)magnum (i dont see one in t&c)

#117 User is offline   MEnoWANTdisplayname 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

zealotmystic, on 01 April 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

happy april fools day, and no im not gonnna do pranks
will other weapons such as these appear in other cmt spv3 maps?
a)beam rifle
b)spartan laser
c)mauler (halo3 brute pistol/shotgun)
d)sentinel beam
e)fuel rod gun
f)flamethrower
g)magnum (i dont see one in t&c)

most of them are halo 3 style weapons, and they don't want to make a Halo 3 type game.

#118 User is offline   KRaZiGLiTcH 

• Pip
  • Location(Australia)Droid Town

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

i just found out about this mod today as i was looking for a HD Mod of Halo and i found this man this mod is the best Halo Mod i have seen thnx so much to the whole team that made this ^_^ i posted about this on Overclock.net and i took some screenshots showing everyone on there how great this mod is.
Here are the Screenshots i took im a Gaming Photographer ^_^ if the images are to big sorry i will resize them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 User is offline   renegade 

• Part-Time Spartan
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Brilliant screenshots! ...If only I could handle OS...

MEnoWANTdisplayname, on 01 April 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

most of them are halo 3 style weapons, and they don't want to make a Halo 3 type game.

That's a shame... If there was one Halo 3 gun that I want back, it's the sentinel beam (as well as any other Forerunner weapons)...

An easter egg where a Monitor is a weapon. That'd be pretty sweet, too.... :P

#120 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

I suggest you use .jpg instead of .png
.png takes heaps longer to load.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »