Halomods Community Portal: Release! - CMT Spv3 - The Truth and Reconciliation - Halomods Community Portal

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release! - CMT Spv3 - The Truth and Reconciliation

This is what we came here for.

#21 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

Darkness, your problem is related to shared map files that you have in your game. Anything that is stock for you will be glitches. Can you try installing the english version of CE and PMing me if the problem persists?

#22 User is offline   TrantaLocked 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

This mod is not only good looking but fun as hell! I still can't believe I am looking at those gun models...those things slay. Every thing in this mod is amazing; so many loose ends tightened and details perfected, and this is only the first map :0 Real props to every one working to make SPV3. All of the hard work you guys put in to make every thing the best you can definitely shows in this map.

This post has been edited by TrantaLocked: 25 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

#23 User is offline   bravo117 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

So where are the new bsp? (like in spv2)

#24 User is offline   Bobblehob 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

Alright, so I have a bit of a bug report post to make here.

1. Early in the level, in the second encounter, there is a bit of ghost geometry.

Posted Image

2. The 3p needler model has a couple texture errors, the glowing parts that are supposed to be in the base of the holes where the needles come from are not in the right place on the holes closer to the center of the model.

Posted Image

3. I noticed that there is some serious particle loss in larger encounters, especially the battle around the gravity lift.

That is all I noticed so far, but Ill look through it again and report anything else I can find.

This post has been edited by Bobblehob: 25 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

#25 User is offline   Bloodshot 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Interesting article I found that someone wrote about SPv3

http://oxcgn.com/201...e-back-to-life/

Also I'm just curious but are any of the ship's interior textures changed? Aside from the excellent new lighting, the T&R looks very much the way I remember it from CE and IMO, a bit plain. Or is that going to be updated in the future as well?

Also took some screens:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I really like how the weapon lights reflect off of objects like the chief's helmet:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 25 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

#26 User is offline   MEnoWANTdisplayname 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

if there were a fire in my house, I'd grab my computer and follow red vs blues fire safety PSA
http://www.youtube.c...72Nw&feature=iv

#27 User is offline   Pat167 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

I can't seem to get OS installed. My halo is version 1.09 though I am using a no cd crack.e (I used no version changer, I just ran haloupdate.exe). I downloaded OS from the link posted on page one.

From the download I received a file titled: OpenSauce_Halo1_CE_ReleaseSymbols (it was the installation file for OS)

When I run it, I get this error: Unable to find Halo CEv1.09 via it's registry entry. Installation of OS runtime will not be available until you reinstall and update Halo CE. Do I have to do anything with OpenSauce IDE or is the problem with my Halo installation?

I looked in my registry and it says I have version 1.09 but also says I have Trial Version?

This post has been edited by Pat167: 25 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

#28 User is offline   Pat167 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

I now discovered that the problem was my No-CD Crack. So where do I go from here?

#29 User is offline   Shock120 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostPat167, on 25 February 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

I now discovered that the problem was my No-CD Crack. So where do I go from here?
No CD was required for the game since 1.08

I suggest you cleanly re-install Halo Custom Edition, and update to 1.09.

#30 User is offline   Pat167 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

Lol. My graphics card only supports pixel shader 2.0. Acording to the cmt extras screen I need 3.0 or higher. xD Now I understand why VISR mode wouldn't display. Well that was a good hour and a half of my life that I will never get back. Still, great mod even without OS.

This post has been edited by Pat167: 25 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

#31 User is offline   SHABAH 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

damn you guys made Mastercheif like anniversary!

I am downloading this now.

so are you guys still working rest of the campaign?

It would be amazing if you guys put these tags for multiplayer

This post has been edited by SHABAH: 25 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

#32 User is offline   Shock120 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

I made a short video on this, I don't see many 1080p videos :<

#33 User is offline   Jaz 

• Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

That 1080p vid seems low quality o.O

I don't have a HD recorder unfortunately, but if I did, I'd record a proper 1080p vid on my 1680x1050 res. :P

#34 User is offline   MEnoWANTdisplayname 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

View Postbyakugan67, on 25 February 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

the new weapons like that confetti shootgun and the yellow carabine as the battle rifle that shoots rockets or granades are awesome!! thanks!!

its a green carbine (the same green that the elites pelicans were in halo 3)

#35 User is offline   Shock120 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostJaz, on 25 February 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

That 1080p vid seems low quality o.O
I can't help that Youtube poops on video quality :(

View PostJaz, on 25 February 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

I don't have a HD recorder unfortunately, but if I did, I'd record a proper 1080p vid on my 1680x1050 res. :P
O_O

But I used an actual 1920x1080 screen, along with Opensauce's ability to provide native resolution support...

This post has been edited by Shock120: 25 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

#36 User is offline   ShockwaveS08 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

My personal review on CMT's SPV3 version of Truth and Reconciliation...

Graphics: 9/10
This rendition of one of the classic missions from Combat Evolved blows Anniversary out of the water, for lack of a better word. There are also no invisible walls from updated geometry (one of my pet peeves about H:CEA). I also like the graphical overhaul of all of the available weapons, as well as the VISR effects. I will give props to CMT for including ODSTs in this mission, as they were also present in the novelization of this level in "Halo: The Flood". The only reason that this is a 9 instead of a 10 is because I was having a flickering screen-buffer error for a brief moment when fighting at the Gravity Lift with a Spiker.

Gameplay: 8/10
Playing on Normal, I was getting my ass handed to me in a few spots, since apparently trying to sidestep a Hunter's melee attack is no longer a legitimate strategy. I will applaud the addition of Reach-style health-regeneration as an option in the CMT Extras menu, as well as the ability to configure the BR55 Battle Rifle's firing modes. Also, all of the additions to Combat Evolved's weapons sandbox makes this installment feel like a more-complete game that stands tall among all the others.

Sound: 8/10
Even though I never got my hands on one, the Brute Plasma Rifle sounds appropriately beefy, given their owner's rough-and-tumble nature. CMT also nailed the Plasma Grenade's beep-on-stick and pre-explosion sound effects. I also appreciate the sound of the ODST's specialized weaponry in this mission, even though I think these silenced versions should only be in levels where ODSTs are present. I also noticed a slight addition in the music when I was sniping Covie bastards at the beginning of the level, as well.

Replay Value: 6/10
All I have to say about it is this: You will enjoy it more once CMT releases the other 9 levels.

Overall: 8.5/10

#37 User is offline   spandi343 

• PipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hey CMT guys i am a big fan of yours
really enjoyed the mod.
Everything you guys did was amazing..
I like the easter eggs a lot too.
Just wanna report a glitch
I saw that you made the melee for the odst's.
The moment when we enter the ship and after the waves of enemies 2 hunters Come
there was 1 odst remaining and he started kicking the hunter
and that glitched it the hunter and odst got stuck in the place and
kept repeating the same ting. The odst kicking the hunter and the hunter again staring back and forth :))
Would be good if you could add the option of exchanging weapons with the marines
and assign a good melee animation to them :))))
BIG FAN :)

#38 User is offline   JDHarbs19 

• Pip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

After playing through this a few times, I gotta say I absolutely love it and can't wait for the rest of the campaign to be released. There are a couple of things I would like to point out though that I didn't like, but they are simple things that I believe you all will likely have fixed by the time the final version releases anyway.

- Remove the night-vision from the sniper rifle since we have VISR.
- Give us the ability to switch between VISR and the flashlight
- Make VISR only outline the enemies/allies instead of shading them entirely
- In the CMT/OS settings menu, show which options are already selected
- Give the ammo count of both grenade types at all times and just highlight the one currently selected

Other than those small things, the only thing I didn't like about the mod was that some of the models didn't get updated like the grunts, but that is something that will likely be finished by the time the mod is complete. I think having HUD lines from Halo 3 and ODST might actually improve the game as well.

Anyway, loving the mod so far and can't wait for the rest. Great job everyone at CMT. :)

#39 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostJDHarbs19, on 25 February 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Both of these are already implemented; go to the gameplay->VISR settings section of the CMT Extras menu.

- Give the ammo count of both grenade types at all times and just highlight the one currently selected

And unfortunately because Halo 1 has a terrible HUD/UI system, these are pretty much impossible.

#40 User is offline   MEnoWANTdisplayname 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostJDHarbs19, on 25 February 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

After playing through this a few times, I gotta say I absolutely love it and can't wait for the rest of the campaign to be released. There are a couple of things I would like to point out though that I didn't like, but they are simple things that I believe you all will likely have fixed by the time the final version releases anyway.

- Remove the night-vision from the sniper rifle since we have VISR.

Other than those small things, the only thing I didn't like about the mod was that some of the models didn't get updated like the grunts, but that is something that will likely be finished by the time the mod is complete. I think having HUD lines from Halo 3 and ODST might actually improve the game as well.

Anyway, loving the mod so far and can't wait for the rest. Great job everyone at CMT. :)

good ideafor #1
VISR was there to REPLACE the flashlight, because the team agread that the flashlight has very few uses, while the VISR had more
in the menue.
i agrea for #3.
how about the one that is not selected has 50% transparancy.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users