Halomods Community Portal: User Introductions - Halomods Community Portal

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User Introductions

New user to Halomods? Introduce yourself here!

Poll: User Introductions (118 member(s) have cast votes)

What modding "era" are you from?

1. Voted Grizzled Ancient (Halo 1 Xbox) (27 votes [22.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.88%

2. Old Skool (Halo PC, Halo 2) (85 votes [72.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.03%

3. Fresh Face (Halo 3 and later) (6 votes [5.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

Let me start the introductions off with myself.

I'm kornman00 obviously, I've been in the community since early 2002, and have been reverse engineering the many game (Blam) engines for just as long too. I don't tolerate obvious trolls, and you can go ahead and check your ego at the door while you're on a site I maintain.

I develop programs in both C++ and .NET (mainly with C#), and so you may occasionally see me on other sites which revolve around development with such languages/frameworks.

#2 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

I'm pretty much an all-HCE guy. I joined the community back in 2006, though I had been lurking around and modding on my own for a few years prior. I was around on the old Halomods forums, Gearbox, Halomaps, and H2Vista/Modacity where I served as a moderator during its later years. I was on CMT from SPv1 until its breakup, did a large amount of work for the Metroid Online mod, and have contributed a few odds and ends to various projects in between. Though presently I'm more focused on modeling and animation as my hobbies, I still like to keep my modding skills in shape.

Currently I'm working on converting the Elites I made with Dano for CMT's SPv2 into fully playable bipeds, cleaning up some of my contributions to the CMT tagset for release, and making a video tutorial series on first-person animation. When I'm not working on those or busy with school, I like to help people out when they're dealing with some of the more arcane aspects of modding HCE. I have many fond memories of the Halo modding community and hope that I can contribute to its continued survival.

#3 User is offline   Timo 

• Admin
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:56 AM

Been in the CE community since May '04, starting at gearbox. Probably most noted for being a mod at modacity for a few years, and helping co-create the nevertobereleased delta halo ui. Currently working on and off on a UI tutorial, that'll probably never be released either :)

#4 User is offline   theycallmechad 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

I used to skin Halo 2. Now I tinker with Forge in Reach.

The End.

#5 User is offline   JacksonCougar 

• Huurcat
  • PipPip
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

Cougar here. Halo 2 modder from back at the downfall.

#6 User is offline   XZodia 

• Code Monkey
  • LocationScotland

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

I mainly write programs with some research style modding on the side for Halo 2. I have been an administrator at RemnantMods since it started back when HaloMods when dying.
I favour C# and XNA but am also proficient in C++ and OpenGL.

#7 User is offline   Selentic 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hey, I've been around halo for the last four years, made a few maps, most notably Revelations and Sympathy. At the time of posting, I'm working on another map Requiem, and on Project Lumoria ep2, so I've been around a fair bit, and know my way around models, hit me up if you need some help with modeling and whatnot~

#8 User is offline   Prey 

• PipPip
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

programmer, csharp mainly

#9 User is offline   AumaanAnubis 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCollege Station, Tx

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

AumaanAnubis. Made some crappy mods back in Halo 2's heyday. Now I'm just here for the community and to see what others can do.

#10 User is offline   TheFieryScythe 

• PipPip
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

TheFieryScythe (or FireScythe), the name doesn't mean anything, just needed a random alias back in the day :P. Been around since about 2004, dabbling in a bit of everything, but now I mainly do programming.

#11 User is offline   Gary 

• ¬ 1337
  • LocationMelbourne, FL

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

My name is Gary, I was a bit late to the scene(about 2007). I've modded Halo2x quite a bit in the past, came up with quite a few ideas but never got most of them working... mainly because of how easily I am discouraged by failures which I think should of not happened. Still, sometimes I start up the old dusty Xbox and try something out when I'm bored, but I have moved on to PC game modding which is often better supported.

I'll help out where I can with Halo modding questions, but I doubt I will be able to contribute any real content any time soon.

#12 User is offline   TCK 

• Script, AI, UI widgets, cutscenes, solo gameplay.
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Hey, The Cereal Killer here. I joined ModHalo back in 2009 and recently heard this site was back up so I thought I'd give it a go. If you've even heard of me at all, it's most likely for my project Red Skulls in CE, or maybe just for my scripting and solo map work in general.

Sadly, the staff of Modhalo have all but lost interest in Halo; I stay around for the portion of the community there that still mods. Maybe this forum is headed in a more lively direction since it's operated by those who still enjoy Halo and its many possibilities :) If so, I plan to be an admin in no time flat a helpful member of the community ;D

#13 User is offline   Ifafudafi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

Oh look at this site, how fancy

I'm Ifafudafi; while old, I only got into HCE modding about mid-'08. I sort of caught the tail end of the wave and wasn't there for most of the big things, hitting my stride about the time SPv2 offed itself. My work is mostly in particle effects and weapon creation, my latest (and last) project being Another Stupid Campaign Mod, which took a10-b40 and completely overhauled the gameplay (while adding in what I would like to think are some of the best particle effects in the HCE modding scene.)

While I've retired from acutal modding I still enjoy watching where things are going and helping out here and there; I'll probably help expand the wiki, write some tutorials, and answer questions. Hope we can get the ball rolling around here.

#14 User is offline   DarkShallFall 

• SandBox Guru
  • PipPip
  • LocationGrand Rapids MI

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

Halo 2 Guru, Halo 3 programmer/researcher, Halo Reach programmer/researcher.

I'm gonna be the guy that makes shit so that 5 people can use it. Mainly me.
Lets get some people on the forum so we can start MOTM again.

Its nice to see the site back, so nice to see the people I've known for so long time.

Lets get this party started.

#15 User is offline   koopaking 

• Pro Modder
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

I am koopaking. I dropped developing halomods since about 06-07, I'm mainly a Web Developer/Designer (favorite) working with PHP, Ruby, CSS, XHTML, JQUERY, etc . I just wanted to see what's going on in here.

>> off modhalo

#16 User is offline   MrBig 

• PipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Got on board in the beginning of CE modding and am looking forward to Bungie's next multiplatform release.

#17 User is offline   Siliconmaster 

• Pip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hi everyone, I'm Siliconmaster (formerly with 482 on the end, but numbers are silly, so I dropped them)

I'm a film major in college, and I've been in the community since 2005. I started at Halomaps, then went on to EP Gamers, Gbx, and H2Vista/Modacity. Most of my work over the years can be divided into two categories: Dust to Dust and Precipice.

Dust to Dust was a massive machinima project that never went anywhere, but helped me learn a lot of about both 3ds max and Halo CE.

Precipice was a long-term project that finally wrapped up this past New Years. It featured full custom lightmap uvs and lighting, the first time that process had been undertaken at such a scale.

#18 User is offline   DEElekgolo 

• PipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

Been with halo from the start.
Programmer.
3d Art.

#19 User is offline   Rentafence 

• Pip
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

My first real online game was Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. After getting bored of vanilla Halo PC and remembering all the custom maps for Rainbow Six, I was curious if any existed for Halo. I literally goggled Halo mods and found the original Halomods site. From there I joined pretty much every Halo CE related forum, Gearbox, Halomods, Halomaps, I was on EP Gamers forums for a bit, and of course H2V/Modacity. I think I've been around since 2005ish. I mostly do 3d stuff, and anything I get into CE I usually keep to myself, since I have a terrible habit of never finishing what I start.

#20 User is offline   DHalo 

• Pip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:09 AM

DHalo here. Been around HaloMods since the HaloPC days, moved on to Halo 2 (and 1) on the Xbox when modded it. Mild experience in VB.Net and C# programming for non-modding related apps. Always willing to dive in to new waters though! Nice to see the place back up and running, hope it takes off.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users