Halomods Community Portal: User Introductions - Halomods Community Portal

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User Introductions

New user to Halomods? Introduce yourself here!

Poll: User Introductions (118 member(s) have cast votes)

What modding "era" are you from?

1. Voted Grizzled Ancient (Halo 1 Xbox) (27 votes [22.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.88%

2. Old Skool (Halo PC, Halo 2) (85 votes [72.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.03%

3. Fresh Face (Halo 3 and later) (6 votes [5.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   Ant 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationLexington, KY, USA

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:17 AM

I'm a college student majoring in Chemistry (Pharmacy/Medicine). I absolutely love modding games, modeling, and texturing. After playing Halo 1 xbox since it's release I found Halo Custom Edition to be much more pleasing. When the 'HEK' was released I had no idea what I was doing. I stumbled upon HaloMods looking for help with HCE. I want to say it was late 2004 when I started lurking. I dabbled in that scene with local friends for awhile, but my modding roots really took off when Halo 2 Xbox modding became huge; skinning and Mach mods were my passion.

At this point I don't really mod anything specifically, but I do still model and texture. I hope I can contribute in that way! I hope I can be productive for this community, and I really would like to be a resource that can be utilized by newcomers to modeling. I've not been too active at Modacity (or any community) as of late, but that has been due to school. Now that summer is here I should be available more often!

-Anton

#22 User is offline   badathalo 

• Pip
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

Started back in 05 with PC. Moved onto 2 for a short while, now mostly screw around in forge.
Have not really been modding too much since the original Halomods, but looking to get back into it.

#23 User is offline   v3nture 

• PipPip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:07 AM

Started modding late 06 early 07. Went by hiheyhello on halomods before Sourceguy(gay lloloolol) took over. Moved to modhalo and have been there ever since. Glad to see halomods back up though.

#24 User is offline   ultama121 

• PipPip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:45 AM

Hey. I've been ultama121 for a pretty long while now... some of you might know me or at least recognize my name, as I started posting on Modacity a few years ago and minorly on other websites like Halomods and Remnant Mods. Years before posting anything (Jeez... probably back around when I was 12) I started lurking Halomods while Halo 2 Xbox, PC, and CE were in their prime. This was my first exposure to the concept of modding, so I was pretty much in awe seeing what people could do. The idea of people being able to manipulate a game to create a new experience was pretty cool. So I lurked and lurked and watched the community a bit, learned some neat stuff along the way. Eventually I jumped into the community with Modacity, where I was an active community member. That was fun for the most part and certainly helped me mature socially, but what attracted me about the modding process in general wasn't there. No intention of knocking Modacity, but at this point it appears the community is not so much about the modding anymore. What I found so impressive about the Halomods community is how self-made it was. With the exception of HCE modding (which surpasses H2X and HPC in its own rights) every little program and advancement was made by the community. Everything that could be done was possible simply due to the fact that one person found them self passionate enough to step up to the plate.

I see a lot of familiar faces here and I'm excited to be here; I'm excited this place exists. School is pretty crazy (and nearing its end, for that matter) currently, so I don't expect to be 100% active just yet. At the very least, I hope to eventually be up for beta testing of all kinds... (Okay, well aside from 360 modding unless I somehow find the money to buy a second 360+whatever other crap is required to mod it. :<)

That was a long intro post, so I feel like I have to say "Hi" again.

Hi. :)

#25 User is offline   Tucker933 

• I will nerf everything you love
  • PipPip
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

Been part of the Halo community since the Xbox days back in 01, however only started modding in the HPC days.
I'm known for projects such as the Bomb Run series, Parallax Series, Phoenix, and FTW2 series.
My main focus is Visual Effects work and Sandbox Design.

I started out at the old Halomods so I'll probably stick around here till the end, however I most frequent Modhalo. Nice to see the site back, it's been way too long.

#26 User is offline   Newticle 

• Halo hater on a Halo forum
  • PipPip
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:59 AM

I joined the old Halomods in the summer of 2006 looking to learn how to mod Halo PC. I didn't learn anything about Halo PC modding, but I did learn how to use HEK in 2007. After a year of practicing, I started working on my first Halo CE map, wich is still unfinished. That's pretty much all I want to go into with my past, everything else is a little embarrassing.

These days, I'm into PC gaming. I build my own computers and I hate consoles and Macs. I also hate every Halo game except for Combat Evolved, so I'm not a big Halo fan. I'm more into stuff like Warhammer 40,000, Mass Effect, Fallout, and Half-Life. I'm also a huge Ghost in the Shell fan.

Btw, my old username was DRL333.

#27 User is offline   Delysid 

• PipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:19 AM

This is Roostervier/flyinrooster from modacity. Only difference is the name change. I modded halo a long time ago, and I'm currently working on something now that concerns halo, but not using the blam engine.

#28 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

What Up Guys?!

I'm DoorM4n, and I've been here since 2004. I started modded in the later period of Halo Xbox modding. I take the wonderful tools that the incredible programmers like kornman00 make and utilize them to make cool maps and mods for Halo 2. I'm thinking about reposting some of my mods to revive the memories and interests in H2 modding. I am glad to be part of the beginning of this new era in Halomods. Lets make it a sanctuary of creativity and pleasantries.

I am currently a Junior at the University of Texas at Austin. I road bike for transportation and exercise; I work for the Texas House of Representatives; and I enjoy learning about all of the facets of life. I have aspirations of being a Congressman in the U.S. Congress. My hometown is near South Padre Island, and during the summers, I do a lot of surfing, reading, and working.

Like I said before, I am thrilled to be part of this community, and I will work to make this a great community!

Take Care Y'all!

#29 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:36 AM

Politics? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Good luck with that man :ph34r:

#30 User is offline   DoorM4n 

• A Remnant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:01 AM

haha, yeah, it's a "lovely" interest I have that I hope to become more involved with as I continue. I have stuff I can fall back on, so when I say I want to be a Congressman, I am saying that I am shooting high so that I can fall back on stuff. You know, like the ole saying goes, "If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars!"

:pbht: This is just awesome in so many ways. ha

#31 User is offline   WaeV 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCosmos

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

Ahoy!

I'm WaeV. I originally joined the old HaloMods back in 2004, under the name ~WAVE~ or something silly like that. I think I'd changed it to WaeV by the end of the year. (Same pronunciation, though, in case you were wondering.) I'm a Halo PC guy through and through. I've toyed with CE programs but I've never done anything with them. I do enjoy digging into the Halo engine, however. It's long been an ambition of mine to write a modding program, so we'll see what I manage to cook up.

I'm just about finished with my sophomore year at the Rochester Institute of Technology for my Computer Science degree. I usually spend my summers in Maine at my dad's house. It's a pretty cool place. I'm not there during the winter so often anymore, but there's some great skiing in that area. And camping. And canoeing. And jeeping. An- you get the idea. :P

As far as programming goes, I'm pretty decent with Python. I know a bit of C++ and a bit more Java. AutoIt is handy, if you want to count that. I'm really excited to be learning JRuby this summer, though. It just may supplant Python as my default language. :o

#32 User is offline   xbox7887 

• Software Developer
  • Pip
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:45 AM

Ahhh, feels good to be home again :)

For those of you who don't know me already, I've been around the Halo 2 modding scene since December of 2004, and have had my hands in pretty much everything after. I started by helping out with researching Halo 2 tags and creating plugins to be used in map editors. Eventually, I became more interested in programming, and began developing a series of trainers throughout the years which later became known as Yelo after joining forces with Kornman00.

I'm currently finishing up a bachelors degree in computer science, and work as a software developer for a communications company. There, I mainly do web development in VB/C# ASP.NET, although I'm quite proficient in other programming languages such as x86 assembly, C/C++, Java, SQL, etc...

Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in some time and retreat to doing Halo-related things, and I'm glad to see some of you guys are still around as well.

Cheers ^_^

#33 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

VB.NET? You poor soul :(

Good to see you registered

#34 User is offline   Cuda 

• ☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNo.

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

I am Cuda.

#35 User is offline   Sceny 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hi, I'm MezZz\Sceny. I'm an utter dick who cant produce anything worth downloading, nice to meet you all.

#36 User is offline   Anetheon 

• PipPip
  • LocationVa

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

I joined Halomods half way through Halo 2s lifespan (back in the day). I'm that one guy who liked to make pretty pictures in the video games... I'm just here for the community and to see what others can do.

Very nice to see Halomods again. :)

#37 User is offline   Dwood 

• PipPip
  • LocationSpanish Fork, UT

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

I'm a semi-oldkid, but resided mainly on halomaps where I learned posting etiquette. (starting out's always been rough especially there) I spent a lot of my time trying to model and mod in general but once I joined modacity (after the switch from h2v mind you) my modding went kaput for about like 2 years, and have been getting back into the scene slowly.

I haven't released anything that I found worth releasing except tutorials, even though I am happy to share what i've learned over the years with other newbs. I'm also a "do or do not, there is no try" person- the person who tells me they're 'trying to learn' something will probably be ignored.

Also I have a history of doing things in Starcraft and Warcraft- I might've moved to Starcraft II if the modding scene wasn't so... castrated, but here I am. I'm here to finish a few projects and then get on with my life.

Edit: and for those that must know i'm working on a map and some programs right now, my main sphere for a while was Open Sauce's halo CE stuff but since i'm not a reverse-engineer I didn't really go very far with it, even though I am happy with where i've gone so far.

#38 User is offline   WaeV 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCosmos

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

View PostSceny, on 06 May 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

Hi, I'm MezZz\Sceny. I'm an utter dick who cant produce anything worth downloading, nice to meet you all.

Hey now, I really liked your Ancient Longest.

#39 User is offline   Sceny 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

I forgot about that, even so it looks quite messy. My other mods such as Bridge'd and Chiron are bad though.

#40 User is offline   leor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

I feel right at home :D

I was latinomodder on HM, and leorimolo or leor on most other sites.

I can help alot with scripting on halo 2 and basic modding, I need to freshen up! Also I do have a fair share of halo 3 modding experience...

Words can't describe how happy I am veegie isnt here.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic