Halomods Community Portal: User Introductions - Halomods Community Portal

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

User Introductions

New user to Halomods? Introduce yourself here!

Poll: User Introductions (118 member(s) have cast votes)

What modding "era" are you from?

1. Voted Grizzled Ancient (Halo 1 Xbox) (27 votes [22.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.88%

2. Old Skool (Halo PC, Halo 2) (85 votes [72.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.03%

3. Fresh Face (Halo 3 and later) (6 votes [5.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 User is offline   Prototape 

• Wot
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

I'm scared.

#202 User is offline   Tural 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

This shit is bananas.

#203 User is offline   Yodel 

• Pip

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:56 PM

Don't resist, that only makes it happen faster.

#204 User is offline   MaestroMan 

• Irish McBastard
  • PipPip
  • LocationManhattan, New York

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

:kic:

This post has been edited by MaestroMan: 31 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

#205 User is offline   derp 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

View PostYodel, on 30 August 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

Don't resist, that only makes it happen faster.

OK by that logic... Get in bed. *Drools*

#206 User is offline   renegade 

• Part-Time Spartan
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

Hey! I'm "Renegade" (maybe some of you have seen me around Xfire or Halo: PC/CE?) -I'm new here at Halomods and modding in general, but I've been working in online projects for a while.

I've been a part of the FlightGear community (a free flight simulator) and a pretty decent 3D Modeler on Google SketchUp, so I hope I can use some of my skill here and get into modding!

#207 User is offline   Kibito87 

• H1X Modder
  • PipPip
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Good lord! I can't believe this site was revived. I was just digging up old memories of Halo and good old halomods came back!

As far as an introduction, I've been around since Halo1 Xbox modding. I didn't release much for Halo1 but did a few things with Halo 2 and also helped countless individuals with it. I never got into Halo 3 or Halo Reach modding, it didn't take off very well like it's predecessors. I was also a moderator over at halomaps before it kinda took a dive as well. Hope to see some old and familiar faces! Anybody know if Cluis is around anymore or did he completely and utterly quit Halo modding? :D

#208 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

I never see Cluis around any of the halo-related forums so I'm guessing he moved on

#209 User is offline   Kibito87 

• H1X Modder
  • PipPip
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

Well that's a bummer but it feels great to be back. I'm not sure how much modding i'll be doing but if I can remember anything, i'm always glad to lend a helping hand.

View PostCLuis, on 10 May 2011 - 05:41 AM, said:

Its been awhile!

That you Luis ol pal!? :D

This post has been edited by Kibito87: 21 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

#210 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

D'oh, he posted in this thread! I blame his inactivity since May until the other day ;x

#211 User is offline   VXP 

• Pip
  • Locationherp.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:27 AM

Hi, I'm VXP. Will lurk for cookeez. Proficient programmer in QBasic. Where's my cookies? Can make/develop mods for HPC and HCE. I WANT MY COOKIES D:! Really like your work, Kornman!

View Postkornman00, on 15 November 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

I never see Cluis . . .

Maybe he's blind. (haha if you got the joke)

This post has been edited by VXP: 22 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

#212 User is offline   IonicPaul 

• Random user number forty six
  • Pip
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

I'm back baby.

#213 User is offline   JaSpeR 

• Pip
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hey I'm JaSpeR, I joined the community in 2008 with Halo 3 so I'm a fresh face :D
I'm registered here for months, but I was busy at the time and haven't had the time to introduce myself.
I did some researches on the Halo 2 Beta in the past and now I mod Reach. I'm not a programmer but I am planning to learn.

#214 User is offline   DarkHalcyon 

• Still a newfag
  • Pip
  • LocationIn a display case

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm Dark Halcyon. I'm kind-of new to doing custom Halo: CE content. I see we have some bronies in here. Good. I have a treat for all of you coming up sometime soon. You'll love it.

I'm starting to get into environmental design and making levels in Halo: Custom Edition. I can't guarentee that it'll be top-notch work, but hopefully they don't suck when or if I decide to release them.

I have some really low-level programming in C++ under my belt. Not enough to be of any assistance, but I can try to point out what's wrong with any coding issues you have. Don't rely on me though because I'll probably point you towards Kornman00 if I'm puzzled.

Oh, and I'm Asexual. Sorry, ladies... and men.

#215 User is offline   SHABAH 

• Pip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hi there guys i just want to introduce myself.But i am not sure if i am posting this topic in a right place if i actually did post it wrong place can you please move it to different board :) Thank you.

Alright so first of my name is Shaid Sher i am 16 years studying at Barnfield College i live in UnitedKingDom Luton which is near to London and my part time i go play football and hang around with my mates but i am really patient about halo i want to become something into this community i would like to provide many help like texturing, well i only create texture and most time i do modeling structure in 3ds MAX which is my good talent but i am into texturing.

And the project i was working on is this.

Posted Image

but this one has been cancel because this person name "OpsY" he erased scenery and others and i couldn't bring them back up and place them where their were.

And i would love to make a good official trailer annoucement for these project i have adobe CS5 which is HD Blu-ray.

~Shaid Sher

This post has been edited by Gary: 23 February 2012 - 09:11 PM
Reason for edit: Fixed image

#216 User is offline   Darkness 

• Pip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hi everyone,

I am a darkness, i from italy and love halo modding. (sorry for my bad english)

follow Halomods a long time and wait for cmt spv3.

are admin of an Italian site dedicated to halo modding and news, I hope that the modding is also recognized in Italy.

I apologize for using a translator but my English is not good for nothing.

Greetings to all.

#217 User is offline   Ghost 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

I gave myself a scare when I used the wrong email address. I was wondering why I didn't get the activation message. I thought the admins were out to get me. :ph34r: Anyways, this is Sliding Ghost. I've already done some things in CMT Spv3, naughty things that I'm proud of. ;) I registered so I could submit a review about how great the mod is. :D

As for modding,

I was a noob Halo PC and Vista modder. I've since retired from that kind of thing. I do however still mix mods with legitimately obtained results (i.e. AI collections). My 60 Councilors in H2 Vista were assembled without the help of modding but my later tests employed modding due to some glitches.

This post has been edited by Ghost: 27 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

#218 User is offline   snipedog118 

• Pip

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hey guys, snipedog118 here joined the old forum back in 2004, mostly as a lurker really. Played a lot of Halo Custom Edition back then... good times. Did do some light modding here and there, just to mess with stuff. Took a break to focus on other things for a while. Nice to see a lot of people from before back again.

#219 User is offline   stopwearingpants 

• Pip

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Hey Guys, My name is Dave, When I was in the 7th/8th/9th grade I used to Mod Halo PC, I used to make remodels of weapons primarily. I used to have the Alias youhoo7, then i changed my name to Cobain at some point. I was primarily in the 2006-2009 time period, it's kinda vague to me. Point being I made a lot of remodels, and eventually started making gun models from scratch. Anywho I wanted to stop by the site, and say hey , because the modding community helped me grow quite a bit, through individuals critiques I grew as a 3d modeller and and artist. I am now studying fine arts at a community college in my area, and most of this passion came from early years of modding halo, though I have moved on from that, I think about it from time to time, and have been wanting to get back into, if the community isn't dead. So can anyone tell me,are halo PC/Mac and CE still populated? How about the modding community for those specific games? Also anyone from the years of 2006/7/8 still involved with this community that may have remembered me? Give me a shout I would love to talk modding with y'all! I wanna learn more and get back into it! But only if people are still into that sort of thing!

#220 User is offline   Aequitas 

• Pip

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hello, hello! I was feeling a bit nostalgic tonight and decided to check and see if Halomods ever came back. To my surprise, here it is! It's nice to see some familiar old faces (names).

I was a big Halo fan from the beginning. When the French version of Halo 2 leaked online I downloaded it and figured out how to softmod my Xbox. I'd already paid for it, so I had no moral qualms with pirating it. After playing through it and since I now had a modded Xbox, I decided I should see what this Halo modding thing was all about - I was pretty sure that I'd been glass-walled a few times on Xbox Connect and XLink Kai. I came in during the early days when the new map file structure was being reverse engineered. It was hard work but fun and challenging and I was hooked. Doing everything with Hex Workshop became pretty tedious so I taught myself to program and started writing applications to automate things. I joined The Fantastic Six and had some good times. I made mods and applications. Some mods I made for the applications. Some applications I made for the mods. Some I shared. Some I didn't. I shot warthogs out of plasma pistols on Xbox Live. I had fun with signatures on the forum. I made the Serenity Repository. After mostly wrapping up with my Halo hijinks I got a degree in computer science. I'm currently a lead server software engineer at a social gaming company in San Francisco.

I'm still impressed by the cleverness of many of my Halo modding cohorts and I hope you're all doing well.

;o)

Aequitas [TF6]

This post has been edited by Aequitas: 01 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users