Halomods Community Portal: Halo: Reach Anniversary Demo - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reach
Halo: Reach Anniversary Demo

#1 User is offline   xooGFXoox 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is a site for Xbox 360 or PC but here goes.... Long story short, there's a "Halo: Reach Anniversary demo" inside the "Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary" ISO (Xbox360). This is an unsigned file that can run on any Xbox 360, hacked or not hacked. This file appears as a demo on my Games Library and what this does is that:

1. When you play it, the DVD drive starts to search for a disc but throws a "disc scratched" error. (I assume it's looking for Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary)

2. It looks for a file on the disc (I assume it's 'ReachTU1.xex') that should act as a shortcut to the Multiplayer part of the game, which is called Halo: Reach Anniversary Multiplayer. The same name as the demo (Coincidence?).

So, my theory is that with the Halo: Reach Anniversary Demo (The one that starts the game), one can load the multiplayer part of Halo CEA (Halo: Reach Anniversary Demo) as a demo. Maybe to run around solo / with a friend (Not sure if there are bots in the game).

----------------------------------

Problem is that I can't burn DVD's in my laptop, only read them (I can burn CD's though) and I'm wondering if it is possible to erase the campaign and other useless files in the ISO and leave only the multiplayer part with a couple of maps on it (CD's only have about 700 MB of storage).

I also have some more questions that some of you might be willing to answer.

1. Mainmenu.map is the main menu of the actual game right? Not the main menu of the multiplayer?

2. What is shared.map for?

3. There are some weird files inside the pak360 folder, specifically s3dpak files. what are they in charge of?

Sorry if I bombed you guy's with questions :/ ... Google didn't really help a lot...

Edit: Not sure if this is the right place to put this question, if it's not please move it. Thank You.

#2 User is offline   Gamecheat 

• PipPip

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

Its just a loader for ReachTU1.xex
It does nothing else

#3 User is offline   xooGFXoox 

• Pip

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I know it's a loader for ReachTU1.xex. But what is ReachTU1.xex for? Is it the multiplayer portion of the game?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic