Halomods Community Portal: Double Barrel Shotgun? Entity? Melee Projectile? - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2X
Double Barrel Shotgun? Entity? Melee Projectile?

#1 User is offline   VisceralVic 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hello! I'm somewhat no0bish at modding, mostly limited to mild weapon effects in DotHalo, I'm currently trying to tweak the weapons in Halo 2 for a custom gameplay experience. (BR is Fully Auto - low fire rate, Magnum is burst, Needler is low ammo - highly explosive - semi-auto, etc)

#1 -- I'm trying to effectively make the Shotgun work as a double barrel. Pulling the trigger normally should fire a single shell, while holding the trigger (then releasing) will fire 2 shells. Is there a way to add multiple firing options like the Plasma Pistol has to the shotgun and make it use 2 rounds (burst is fine too)?

#2 -- In addition, I find that DotHalo is pretty limited and end up using H2X, Insolence, Blu, Shade's Main Menu Editor, etc. to fill in the gaps. It is my understanding that Entity can function far above and beyond DotHalo, H2x, and Insolence but I can't seem to get the damn thing to run without constant errors. I currently have 2.1.17 running on Windows 7 64-bit. Any pointers?

#3 -- Last thing before I go, I'm sure this will be easier to do. I would like to make the melee function in the game send a projectile. More specifically I would like to be able to make a DBZ style game type where using melee will fire a plasma grenade which will detonate on impact. I will also be making the "crouch" remain at normal height and move fast to emulate super speed and also increase the jump height a bit [I can pull off this part :)]. Does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

If there are already tutorials on #1 and #3 please post a link, I have not been able to find them on remnantmods, old.halomods.com, se7ensins.com, or afterdawn tutorials.

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by VisceralVic: 05 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

#2 User is offline   XZodia 

• Code Monkey
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationScotland

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hello and welcome to Halomods!

#2 - First of all, yes entity is the best modding program available atm.
Make sure you have the latest version by using the auto update.

You will also need a set of plugins for it,
Here's a set to get you started, but I'm not sure how up to date they are: http://old.halomods....le.php?id=15761

#1 - Your double barrel shotgun is absolutely achievable.
The basic principle would be to add an extra chunk to the barrel reflexive and change the trigger to Behaviour type 2: 2: 1-Latch 2-Autofire
The chunk adding is the complicated part and there are a number of different ways to do it.

#3 - The plasma grenade thing im not sure about.
Jump height and walk speed can be changed in matg.

You'll get more people responding by posting at remnantmods.

#3 User is offline   CaptainPoopface 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

It is possible to melee and fire a projectile, but it has some limitations: it would be harder to aim than a gun (i.e., the projectile would not go exactly where the reticle is aimed), it would have unlimited ammo, and most importantly, it's not simple to do if you're new to modding. It involves changing the marker of an effect, attaching an effect to a melee animation and releasing a projectile from the effect. That will probably all sound foreign to you. Your best bet is to get a copy of Entity and go through some of the tutorials with it. And like Xzodia said, if you don't get much response here, try Remnantmods.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic