Halomods Community Portal: Open Sauce - Halo Custom Edition - Halomods Community Portal

Jump to content

  • 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
Open Sauce - Halo Custom Edition

News, updates, etc for OpenSauce on HaloCE can be found here

#141 User is offline   SeanAero 

  • Halo President
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-May 11
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:48 AM

View Postkornman00, on 01 March 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

The readme's have the changes and there's a change log on our wiki


Change log on your wiki is still at v3.0.2.
I'll have a look at the readme's, didn't actually download the version yet.

#142 User is offline   kornman00 

  • SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 15-November 01


Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

Change logs are only updated when there are changes specific to users

#143 User is offline   SeanAero 

  • Halo President
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-May 11
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Due to a discussion on Halomaps (What Gametypes would you like to see in CE? ) I was wondering if the following is possible with OpenSauce.

Would it be possible to extend the following:
http://code.google.c...ata_get_integer
0=None, 1=CTF, 2=Slayer, 3=Oddball, 4=King, 5=Race



With:
0=None, 1=CTF, 2=Slayer, 3=Oddball, 4=King, 5=Race, 6=Invasion, 7=Grifball


#144 User is offline   MatthewPatel 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 08-April 12

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Plz can someone fix this problem.
When i play CMT SPV3 A50 i have issue with shinny look on marines,weapons,ect.VISR and bloom work fine i really love it am actually suprised.
Tried to reinstall the OS and the game did not work.I also runed it as Administrator,disabled visual themes and ran it in Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compability list.I cant fix this issue.Can anyone help me.
Here are my computer specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
4 GB of RAM Memory
Intel Pentium G850 2.92 Ghz
ASUS HD 6670 Graphic Card (BF3 goes smoothly on ultra)

#145 User is offline   kornman00 

  • SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 15-November 01


Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

View PostSeanAero, on 08 April 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Would it be possible to extend the following:
...
With:
0=None, 1=CTF, 2=Slayer, 3=Oddball, 4=King, 5=Race, [/size][/font]6=Invasion, 7=Grifball

Not unless someone programs those new game engines for OS.

#146 User is offline   SeanAero 

  • Halo President
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-May 11
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

View Postkornman00, on 08 April 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

Not unless someone programs those new game engines for OS.


After HaloRank is released, OS is definitely on my agenda.
Too many things I want to see changed, not surprisingly your answer is always the same.
Just out of interest, how many people are currently developing/map making with OS and user base size?

#147 User is offline   kornman00 

  • SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 15-November 01


Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

The only stats we "track" are the number of downloads for each release/update (since Google tracks it already, and halomaps has a download counter too). It's impossible to say how many people are actively developing with OS. Only CMT could really offer an estimate on the user base as they did some thorough investigation into the numbers of ".map" and ".yelo" downloads of their A50 release.

Personally, I don't see enough of a user base to warrant any more time spent developing the CE stuff (aside from targetable bug fixes). I just can't justify the time spent reverse engineering and then developing anymore. There's only so much that can do to "market" my skills. However, I know FS has some things he's investigating and ChokingVictim is acting as CMT's personal bitch OS developer. For now, I've moved on to Halo2 Xbox and Halo Wars related works (some open, some closed).

#148 User is offline   SeanAero 

  • Halo President
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 24-May 11
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

View Postkornman00, on 08 April 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

The only stats we "track" are the number of downloads for each release/update (since Google tracks it already, and halomaps has a download counter too). It's impossible to say how many people are actively developing with OS. Only CMT could really offer an estimate on the user base as they did some thorough investigation into the numbers of ".map" and ".yelo" downloads of their A50 release.

Personally, I don't see enough of a user base to warrant any more time spent developing the CE stuff (aside from targetable bug fixes). I just can't justify the time spent reverse engineering and then developing anymore. There's only so much that can do to "market" my skills. However, I know FS has some things he's investigating and ChokingVictim is acting as CMT's personal bitch OS developer. For now, I've moved on to Halo2 Xbox and Halo Wars related works (some open, some closed).


I'll check with CMT on the numbers.
Thanks for being open on the "development with CE" front, I can fully understand your statement regarding the user base.
You are probably not the first developer who had this on their mind.

#149 User is offline   Jaz 

  • Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 27-July 11
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

View Postkornman00, on 08 April 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Personally, I don't see enough of a user base to warrant any more time spent developing the CE stuff (aside from targetable bug fixes). I just can't justify the time spent reverse engineering and then developing anymore. There's only so much that can do to "market" my skills. However, I know FS has some things he's investigating and ChokingVictim is acting as CMT's personal bitch OS developer. For now, I've moved on to Halo2 Xbox and Halo Wars related works (some open, some closed).


Inb4 people complaining about how you're only in it for the popularity:
Before anyone starts complaining, this is a good decision.

If nobody uses OS anyway, what's the point in continuing to work hard on it?

It's the kind of logic that consumers of games and consoles use that I hate most.
You're not going to get updates by 'protesting'(Not using stuff)! You'll get updates by proving there's a decent reason for the developers to update!

This post has been edited by Jaz: 09 April 2012 - 10:33 PM


#150 User is offline   kornman00 

  • SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 15-November 01


Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

The only popularity I'm in for is that of an employer. This kind of work can only be done for free for so long (no, I'm not suggesting that people should pay for OS, go away). I could give a rats ass what my popularity is with HaloCE players/modders/n00bs/b00bs; good, bad, neutral, it doesn't affect anything corporeal.

However, GBX told the community to get 1000 players for any CE updates. Even after getting a steady number of daily players, GBX didn't hold up their end. So what you're suggesting doesn't always pan out. Pity too, because I would have loved to continue their work on CE (for free. means I won't have to spend >75% of my time reverse engineering) and more. I wouldn't be surprised if they still have the rights to update or work on CE either.

#151 User is offline   Jaz 

  • Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 27-July 11
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

View Postkornman00, on 10 April 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

The only popularity I'm in for is that of an employer. This kind of work can only be done for free for so long (no, I'm not suggesting that people should pay for OS, go away). I could give a rats ass what my popularity is with HaloCE players/modders/n00bs/b00bs; good, bad, neutral, it doesn't affect anything corporeal.

However, GBX told the community to get 1000 players for any CE updates. Even after getting a steady number of daily players, GBX didn't hold up their end. So what you're suggesting doesn't always pan out. Pity too, because I would have loved to continue their work on CE (for free. means I won't have to spend >75% of my time reverse engineering) and more. I wouldn't be surprised if they still have the rights to update or work on CE either.


I assume you already emailed them and offered to work on CE and they refused?

Try starting a petition. I'd gladly put my name on it. ;)

#152 User is offline   kornman00 

  • SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 15-November 01


Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

No, but I drafted an email about seven months ago that I had thought about sending that was basically me offering my skills to work on it. IDK, maybe I'll send it out sometime.

#153 User is offline   Spartan314 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 06-August 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

You've got my name on that petition.

#154 User is offline   Gravemind 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 28-August 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

And mine. Whats left of the HCE community would benefit greatly if Kornman was with GearBox. Maybe even enough to revive it, or at least bring in more interest than the currently dwindling numbers. Maybe move that email from Drafts to Sent? ;)

I once had a very large project planned, which was going to utilize OS to get be the best it could, but after several setbacks and not having the skills to use the BlamLib, it never got far. If Kornman was over at GearBox then the features of OS could maybe be put into the actual game, or at least benefit from not having to spend all the time reverse engineering. I don't know where this is going, but I'd love to see new content in CE and more updates and more interest.

This post has been edited by Gravemind: 11 April 2012 - 12:52 AM


#155 User is offline   kornman00 

  • SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 15-November 01


Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Tweaked the draft and sent it to their business/licensing dept. Not holding my breath though...

#156 User is offline   Jaz 

  • Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 27-July 11
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

View Postkornman00, on 11 April 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Tweaked the draft and sent it to their business/licensing dept. Not holding my breath though...


Did you note that you're willing to sign contracts?

#157 User is offline   kornman00 

  • SourceGuy 2.0
  • Group: Administrators
  • Joined: 15-November 01


Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

I made many notes. At the very least, I would have to sign an NDA.

#158 User is offline   Gravemind 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 28-August 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Would an NDA mean you can't tell us what you're doing? Like what new features or bug fixes you've added?

#159 User is offline   BobtheGreatII 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person
  • Joined: 13-February 12

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

I would imagine it would mean that he alone would get the code and wouldn't be able to share it with anyone else.

But he could still say what changes he made, in a general way that is.

#160 User is offline   Jaz 

  • Sky Walker
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 27-July 11
  • LocationEarth, Near The Sun, Milky Way

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Would he still be allowed to accept the work of others as default maps or UIs in a patch, or do ALL updates have to be directly from him?

Share this topic:


  • 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users