Halomods Community Portal: What do youwant to see in SPV3 - Halomods Community Portal

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do youwant to see in SPV3

The things we want to see

#1 User is offline   Bombmaster2001 

• Cool Guys Don't Look At Needler Explosions
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationAustin- Texas

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

So, I'm asking the community: What do YOU want to see in SPV3?
And CMT Team, how many of those things are you planning or already have put into SPV3?

*IMPORTANT NOTE*

This is not a thread for suggestions. We already have one of those :P

EDIT: Noticed my typo for the thread. Wish I could change that.

This post has been edited by Bombmaster2001: 23 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

#2 User is offline   BobtheGreatII 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Although it's unlikely we'll be able to confirm or deny many things that'll pop up in this thread, feel free to ask.

#3 User is offline   Henskelion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

- The twin-barreled Grizzly tank, albeit with a cooler chassis design like the older concept art had: http://media.desura....001_GRIZZLY.jpg

- UNSC Marines (as in revamped versions of the old CE design, not just ODST's like SPV3 has now), preferably with more unique models that make them look more ragtag and guerrilla-like (marines with ghillie shawls, bandoliers, those helmets with the little beep boop eyepiece thing like in CE, boonie hats, bandanas, varying armor plating, different camo types)

- Better Brute AI (current Brute AI is full retard)

- Brutes are that fight differently than just big Elites

- Reach vehicles and enemies, like the Revenant and Skirmishers (probably not gonna happen but whatevs)

- Covenant sniper towers

- Covenant and UNSC deployable machine guns/heavy plasma guns (ie those ones you could rip out and carry around in H3)

- different Warthog types (gauss, rocket, transport, etc)

- the snow camo Warthog Bungie showed us but never gave us

- no stupid ass duel wielding

- no stupid ass real-time Flood mutation

- no stupid ass Flood "pure forms"

- bigger battles on the existing vehicle-based missions (ie Halo, Assault on the Control Room, Silent Cartographer)

- maybe some vehicle segments added to missions that never had vehicle parts (namely Keyes, and howabout the Library just because)

- make The Library fun/good/enjoyable/interesting/memorable instead of long/irritating/frustrating/repetitive/stupid/retarded/dumb

- make the Marines more useful somehow, whether through level design or improved AI or just improved health/armor/whatever

- Covenant vehicle variants, like maybe a Needler Ghost or a Fuel Rod Wraith

- building and ship interiors that aren't boring and featureless

- make the "secret weapons" harder to find

- Covenant Shade turrets that fire Fuel Rod blasts, or maybe new types of Covenant turrets

- UNSC turrets would be cool I guess

- design the levels so that you can handle them very differently every time you play the mission, like having alternate routes or triggers that can cause different things to happen or different enemy types to appear

- make stuff like rain and snow patter off your visor HUD

- give more weapons some kind of alternate or secondary firing mode

#4 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Why the hate for flood mutations and pure forms? Also theres a number of things in your list you'll be happy with.

#5 User is offline   Henskelion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostMasterz1337, on 23 October 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

Why the hate for flood mutations and pure forms? Also theres a number of things in your list you'll be happy with.

I suppose they were interesting gameplay-wise, but I always found Halo 3's mutations to be really cartoonish. There was a certain eeriness to seeing the mounds of Covenant bodies piled up in the Truth & Reconciliation, awaiting consumption or gradual mutation by the Flood parasites. There was something more sinister and believable about the way the Flood worked in Halo CE. Unlike the Covenant they didn't seem to communicate by any comprehensible means, had no clear goals other than "kill and eat everything", but despite these you still sensed through some of the dialogue from Cortana and Guilty Spark, as well as some various scripted events, that they still behaves according to the rules of nature.

Halo 3's rapid-mutations, on the other hand, struck me as, well, like something out of a cheesy horror movie. I guess I wouldn't be against the mutations in of themselves, so much as the speed at which they occur. Maybe if the mutation process was just slowed down a notch, it might be unsettling to have cleared a room of enemies, only to, minutes later, suddenly find an entire army of combat forms charging at you from behind. Or maybe instead of becoming full combat forms, bodies mutated ingame become some kind of "proto" version of the combat form, maybe less physically mutated and not quite as dangerous but still horrifying. Imagine something like a normal human, but with a massive hole in his chest where the parasite has buried itself, and some Flood sensory organs beginning to spawn along various parts of its body and some small tentacles (as opposed to the horribly mutated combat forms). Actually, shit, I really hope that's how it turns out, since I think that would make the Flood all the more horrifying if they were given some kind of transitory stage in between the usable dead body and a full-on combat form.

As for Pure Forms, I guess I don't really hate the concept so much as I found them kind of strange, given until that point the Flood could only create new forms out of existing dead lifeforms of the right size. I'd actually be all for introducing new Flood enemy types, I just think that, visually, they should appear more as a mutation of an existing animal or alien, rather than as their own distinct life form. Imagine something like the hulking pure forms from Halo 3, but rather than just a big Flood monster they have more of an appearance of several dead Brutes or Elites merged together.

This post has been edited by Henskelion: 23 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

#6 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Overcharged plasma pistol should not take down shields with Overshield. It's just frustrating, when overshield is to support you and grunt/jackal would disable it with one shot. It's annoying on higher difficulties. Same goes for plasma pistol and Elite Zealot shields - I think 2-3 overcharged shots would be nice, because for now it is easier to kill zealot (with 1-3 grenades or 2 shots, one for shield and second for the head) than 3 minors (at least 3 grenades or 6 shots total).

View PostHenskelion, on 23 October 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

- UNSC Marines (as in revamped versions of the old CE design, not just ODST's like SPV3 has now), preferably with more unique models that make them look more ragtag and guerrilla-like (marines with ghillie shawls, bandoliers, those helmets with the little beep boop eyepiece thing like in CE, boonie hats, bandanas, varying armor plating, different camo types)

As stated above ;)

- Better Brute AI (current Brute AI is full retard)

- Brutes are that fight differently than just big Elites

Also this. Brutes should use more Pack tactics - if one spots player, all should attack taking advance of their number, trying to flank enemy. Player would be forced to deal with them from longer range or using terrain obstacles, covers for his advantage.

Grunts should be less cowardly, less paniced when they engage player. They should be more serious threat - especially when there are 3-4 or more of them in one location. Occasionally they could use plasma rifles -> some of Ultras, or Spiker -> some of Hevies (with no FRG or plasma turret).

- Reach vehicles and enemies, like the Revenant and Skirmishers (probably not gonna happen but whatevs)

I'd like to see Skirmishers or some Grunts with helmets.
For high rank Skirmishers I would like to see them equiped with weak energy shields similar to Elites and wielding Brute Plasma Pistol and sometimes ranged or rapid fire (plasma rifles?) weapons.

- Covenant sniper towers

- Covenant and UNSC deployable machine guns/heavy plasma guns (ie those ones you could rip out and carry around in H3)

- different Warthog types (gauss, rocket, transport, etc)

Covie observe towers with plasma turrets - if possible, detachable.

- no stupid ass real-time Flood mutation

- no stupid ass Flood "pure forms"

Stupid Flood mutation :D - if not in real time, then when player goes further and Flood would attack from behind.
Flood Pure Forms - not necesarly as in Halo 3, you could create new one to show how Flood evolved on Halo (every Flood infestation was different - diffrent forms of Flood in different locations in Halo cannon). Pure Forms could show up for first time in Two Betrayals and be more frequent in later levels as Keyes or The Maw.

Hmm, instead of Flood mutation you could create destroyable Flood bodies and even if player would kill Combat Forms, you could reanimate (in way of H1 or H2/H3). Especially, if for e.g. in level Keyes player will leave Flood bodies at some point then reanimated forms could attack him from behind. It would be diffrent fight with Flood as serious adversary - they won't need have great number in some places, but Flood could try to outsmart player, for instance: some combat forms could stay at range and wait for players shields to go down and then attack or engage player from great distance (depending of weapon tey hold).

- bigger battles on the existing vehicle-based missions (ie Halo, Assault on the Control Room, Silent Cartographer)

- maybe some vehicle segments added to missions that never had vehicle parts (namely Keyes, and howabout the Library just because)

- make The Library fun/good/enjoyable/interesting/memorable instead of long/irritating/frustrating/repetitive/stupid/retarded/dumb

On levels with vehicles Covie should have more equipment, more Ghosts, Wraiths. Where player uses tank, there should be Wraiths and Grunts/Elites/Brutes with Fuel Rods (in small quantity), so player would be forced to think before rushing on enemy, even with tank.
Tank should have limited primary ammo - for instance 60-100 shots, and for secondary gun necessity of reloading after every 250/500 rounds (ammo in large quantity or unlimited) or at least overheat after the same amount of fired rounds.
On Keyes level some fights with vehicles could be interesting, but not large quantity of those.

The main problem with gameplay on Library is that... Flood is too stupid, tries to outnumber player, sentinels are not useful (sometimes they accidentaly kill you trying to kill infection form). You could make Flood more inteligent, so the Flood not only would try to kill player but mainly try to stop MC from getting to Index. Flood should seek cover when player has greater firepower or when reciving a lot of damage. In some moments Flood (special form, not large quantities of it) could make suicidial attacks (like Grunts in H:Reach) with plasma grenades or making themselves explode. There is no need for as many of Carrier Forms unless Infection Forms could resurrect Flood Combat Forms. I think there is no need for as many of places when player needs to hold his position. Instead player could try to avoid or get trough Flood defence of Library. It would be nice if Flood could use weapons and grenades as Humans/Elites/Brutes/Grunts.
The most important thing - player should be able to headshot (BR/DMR/Pistol) Combat Form when firing at chest (killing Infection Form) ;)
And plasma weapon should be more useful for killing Flood. Human weapons could deliver more stopping power and slow down enemy.

- make the Marines more useful somehow, whether through level design or improved AI or just improved health/armor/whatever

- Covenant vehicle variants, like maybe a Needler Ghost or a Fuel Rod Wraith

More useful Marines AI - maybe you could make that ODST are most valuable (damage resistent, could pin down enemy, most cautious), then standard marines with BDU armor (damage resistent, more cautious) and rest of marines.
As of Covies vehicles, I don't like Needler Ghosts, but Anti-air Wraith sounds tempting. Instead of Needler Ghost you could add different vehicles with new functionality (e.g. Specter-like counterpart for Warthog) - for me NG does not differs in use from standard Ghost.

- make the "secret weapons" harder to find

- Covenant Shade turrets that fire Fuel Rod blasts, or maybe new types of Covenant turrets

- UNSC turrets would be cool I guess

- design the levels so that you can handle them very differently every time you play the mission, like having alternate routes or triggers that can cause different things to happen or different enemy types to appear

Well, as above but... UNSC turrets (even on Warthog) should overheat after continous fire.
And question: Am I only one thinking that 'secret weapons' are just waste of of tag space? I admitt that it is funny idea to place them, but those weapons irritate me during gameplay - few times I took that Carbine instead of the one held by Jackal sniper and it was frustrating weapon to use (not only Carbine - that AR also). Can you make something? Or hide them that they can't be accidentally (as I did) picked up?

- give more weapons some kind of alternate or secondary firing mode

I feel the same for Covenant weapons. Hmm, for instance, Fuel Rod Gun could fire normally in basic fire mode or in alternate it could fire similar to Hunters beam (consuming whole clip at once). Fuel Rod Gun should not be battery powered or at least should not have 40 shots at full energy unit (5 shots will be enough).
Another thing, I do not like picking up Hunter cannons - there is plenty of other ways to deal with any adversary than picking arm-mounted heavy cannon and going like Rambo. It's stupid, especially in close quarters. More interesting it would be if you could use other means to deal with powerful or numerous enemies.

#7 User is offline   Henskelion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Stupid Flood mutation :D - if not in real time, then when player goes further and Flood would attack from behind.
Flood Pure Forms - not necesarly as in Halo 3, you could create new one to show how Flood evolved on Halo (every Flood infestation was different - diffrent forms of Flood in different locations in Halo cannon). Pure Forms could show up for first time in Two Betrayals and be more frequent in later levels as Keyes or The Maw.

Hmm, instead of Flood mutation you could create destroyable Flood bodies and even if player would kill Combat Forms, you could reanimate (in way of H1 or H2/H3). Especially, if for e.g. in level Keyes player will leave Flood bodies at some point then reanimated forms could attack him from behind. It would be diffrent fight with Flood as serious adversary - they won't need have great number in some places, but Flood could try to outsmart player, for instance: some combat forms could stay at range and wait for players shields to go down and then attack or engage player from great distance (depending of weapon tey hold).

I think if real-time mutation is added it should be something akin to what I described above, where bodies mutated ingame turn into some kind of slower, weaker, less heavily-mutated combat form. Though if CMT wanted to add more Flood types (and "smart" Flood) something interesting to do would be to create more advanced combat form evolutions. Perhaps as the mutation takes hold of the host body, over time it becomes more advanced, so a combat form that has been around for a while could perhaps have a more intelligent AI, like flanking and retreating tactics, and the ability to dodge grenades, as well as some more advanced physical combat methods, like the ability to spit lethal projectiles, or a longer tentacle whip). There could also be other mutation strains, maybe things like massive carrier forms or something like several combat forms fused together to create a larger monster. I dunno how much SPV3 should mess with canon, but really I think it should take an opportunity to better refine the original Halo.

Also, some other things that come to mind:

- different Sentinel types, maybe like the "Enforcer" from Halo 2 or Sentinels armed with different weapons

- Marine driving AI

- more scripted events. obviously CMT shouldn't go overboard with these if they chose to make more but having just binged on Black Mesa and seeing what that team did with Half Life it'd be pretty cool to see little triggered events that bring the setting more to life. Maybe things like Pelicans doing strafing runs on Covenant positions on The Silent Cartographer, or looking out one of the windows in the Pillar of Autumn and catching glimpse of Covenant ship rush past your ship towards Halo.

- some sort of changes to the Brute Spiker that makes it worth using, since as it is now it isn't all that special

- might be cool to see a Warthog variant with something like the Spartan laser, albeit more efficient or powerful.

- make the outdoor section of Keyes longer, but make it less claustrophobic, and add vehicles sections. It would be really cool to have a sequence where, after you get knocked out of the Truth of Reconciliation, you fight your way through a Covenant ground base that supports the ship. Things like big Covenant AA guns and supply depots placed about, and some of the structures described in the books (things like the "gas tents" for the Grunts and such, or power generators), all the setting of the losing battle the Covenant are making against the Flood. Making the ground section more open would also just make the level more dynamic; a lot of people dislike the mission Keyes for basically being one big fight through a maze of narrow, cramped corridors against what seemed like infinite waves of Flood, and adding big open areas and even vehicle sections would break up the pacing much better.

- make the Warthog run at the end of The Maw more... realistic, I guess. I always thought it was intensely strange how that part had ramps every where and corridors that weaved up and down and left and right in weird ways, something that would never be in an efficient spaceship design (not to mention the open ceiling in some areas and that access junction where Foehammer gets shot down, an access junction that apparently holds the two halves of the ship together on its own). Of course you could still have ramps and stuff, but I guess where I'm going with this is it should look more like the ship is all bent out of shape from crashing into Halo, with things like ramps being formed from the breaking steel and misshapen, heat-warped corridors. Some more landmarks might be cool to, maybe things like getting to drive past various important machines in the ship, like whatever controls the gravity on the ship or moving through the MAC Gun tube.

- I think the biggest thing the Library needs is just less copy and pasting and more landmarks. Getting to see all sorts of weird technology and large machines inside the various halls of the Library would be cool, both for atmosphere and in terms of gameplay, since it would provide important landmarks to prevent you from getting lost.

This post has been edited by Henskelion: 23 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

#8 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well, first about spiker - now it's crappy with 5-9-14 damage, but as I remember it should be more powerful than MA5 Assault Riffle, so it should have damage at level of 9-12-14 and it shouldn't be so useless. Now it is good for killing grunts, but not anything more. I would like to see more powerful Spiker.

Laser warthog? No, there should be Gauss version (and I hope CMT would put theirs model into SPV3, it looks cool).

I played yesterday Lumoria Episode. They manage to make fly by effect of Covie cruser. If there would be space for something like that... and in time of fly by drop pods full of Covies on players position. That would be nice, especially deploying Special Operations Units into battle with Flood - maybe on Two Betrayals when trying to steal a banshee at the end of the level.

I agree that The Maw could be redesigned, that final run... if that open ceiling would be a massive hole in the ships hull, and those ramps, tracks would be messed parts of its. Or at least on open areas could be laying hull parts. Ship in that final run should look like heavily damaged, crashed.

On other levels, on open areas would be nice to see Covie batteries. And on Pillar of Autumn - some human fusion coils that survived crash.

I would like to see sentinels minors with puls needler-like red projectile weapons - something like needler gun of enforcer or mounted suppressor from H4. Those projectile could ignite the target. Sentinels majors could fire continous blue beam which can cut through multiple targets.
Sentinels could have special fire - red fuel rod gun projectile, but in strenght of... something like Concusion Rifle than actual Fuel Rod.

New forms of Flood won't be against cannon - Flood can easily adapt, evolve.

#9 User is offline   byakugan67 

• Pip
  • Locationmexico city

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

brute launcher emp vehicles like in reach with the granade launcher?

#10 User is offline   Henskelion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

Another thing I keep forgetting to say; destroyable Covenant dropships. Something that always bothered me about CE was that even the mighty Scorpion tank couldn't destroy those tuning-fork ships, no matter how many times you hit them.

#11 User is offline   teh lag 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

I think in the .yelo version of our A50 you actually can blow up the dropships if you throw enough at them. I know at least that we had such a feature ready to go and I'm pretty sure it wasn't cut for release.

E: Yeah I just checked the backup of the tagset we used to build the release version. The dropships are indeed destroyable.

#12 User is offline   Henskelion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

View Postteh lag, on 24 October 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

I think in the .yelo version of our A50 you actually can blow up the dropships if you throw enough at them. I know at least that we had such a feature ready to go and I'm pretty sure it wasn't cut for release.

E: Yeah I just checked the backup of the tagset we used to build the release version. The dropships are indeed destroyable.

Well how about that. I suppose I just never noticed because of the lack of heavy weapons in a50 SPV3. How tough are they though? I'd imagine it might be problematic in later missions if they become too easy to destroy; imagine your Warthog gunner being able to wipe out every single dropship on Halo or Silent Cartographer.

This post has been edited by Henskelion: 24 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

#13 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

We had destroyable dropships before it was cool in H3. We've had them since like 06 I want to say. They were def in SPV1.

#14 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostHenskelion, on 24 October 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

Well how about that. I suppose I just never noticed because of the lack of heavy weapons in a50 SPV3. How tough are they though? I'd imagine it might be problematic in later missions if they become too easy to destroy; imagine your Warthog gunner being able to wipe out every single dropship on Halo or Silent Cartographer.

The easiest to kill in A50 was turret, the rest... well, dropship could easily fly away before you could kill it - if remember correctly it had over 500 or 1000 hit points.

Hmm, it would be a good idea if hitting engine would cause more damage to the dropship than in other parts.

Back to the topic:
EMP effect on bruteshot would be nice, area of effect should be smaller than this of plasma grenades.
About armor: Wraith should have destroyable shield on its back. After this shield would go down, it should be more vulnerable to grenades and lower caliber ammo (AR/SMG/BR/DMR).

I would like to see small overpenetration effect using DMR. If shooting grunts/jackals bullets could overpenetrate one and hit second enemy. I'd like also a DMR or BR without hitscan - tracking fired projectiles.

I don't know if it is possible, but... Wraiths with energy shields against bullets, rockets, grenades. Shields could be weak - sustaining 50% of a single rocket. But those shields could be skipped by boarding Wraith and meele driver or planting grenade... Player would be forced to change his tactics against Covie tanks.

Another thing about Wraith, I would like to see them more aware of situation - now I can shoot them at long range and they won't notice me. Wraith when engaged should seek for target or cover, or both. At least make Wraith shoot at the place from shots were fire with longer switching targets capability, so player could flank it before it would kill him.

Could you make swords of Stalth Elites less visible - kess glowing aura? I really liked fighting SE when rescuing Captain Keyes from brig in SPV3 - they were hard opponent to deal from distance and I really liked this.

I know you can't do one thing, which I would like to see in SPV3 - it's me, my self in modified ODST Armor, so I'm not asking about this :P
But could you make - if you still want to make battle of the Alpha site - an experimental ODST, I mean ONI designated. One or two ODST with slightly different armor variation, equiped with weak shields (75% of MC shields)? They could 'command' Alpha site when Captain Keyes was still not found.

#15 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

We can't give vehicles actual shields because the shield part of their collision is used for vehicle EMP effects.

#16 User is offline   Faceman2000 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

I just wanted to go ahead and make sure it was clear that not everybody hates real-time infections. I personally am a huge fan - I always thought it was creepy watching allies and enemies alike struggle against an infection form and then horrifically mutate before your eyes. Additionally it adds to gameplay in that you can end up with more flood than usual and you have to take care to keep infection forms off of corpses and AI.

Im also a fan of the pure forms if there's any plans to include those, and I think the idea of making the flood behave intelligently is just silly. They weren't intended to behave that way. That's not how flood work, especially in their early stages before a Gravemind's formed.

I also don't feel the Maw needs to be changed. Sure it doesn't make much sense currently but its there for the gameplay.

That being said, all of the other ideas were interesting. I especially liked the ideas for the level Keyes and the Elite drop pods

#17 User is offline   Bombmaster2001 

• Cool Guys Don't Look At Needler Explosions
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationAustin- Texas

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

What I really want the most to see in SPV3 is Spartan-IIIs in SPI Armor and MA5K's. Maybe instead of an AI, it could be a playable character, but I do know I really want to see them in-game. As for the MA5K, It would be nice to try something different. Kind of like with the DMR.

#18 User is offline   MythicUltra 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Somewhat tangential but how does the vehicle EMP effect work specifically only with the overcharged plasma pistol bolt? Is there any chance of implementing that into multiplayer (in general, rather than the campaign demotic of SPv3 and Evolved)?

#19 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostMasterz1337, on 24 October 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

We can't give vehicles actual shields because the shield part of their collision is used for vehicle EMP effects.

Is it stunning after specific amount of damage shields taken? ;)

Well, I think EMP is better than shielded vehicles :)

#20 User is offline   Henskelion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

I also don't feel the Maw needs to be changed. Sure it doesn't make much sense currently but its there for the gameplay.

No reason for CMT not to change it, since 1). with the recent updates, they've shown they want to change all the levels rather than just overhaul them graphically and add new guns, and 2). they'd be having to make all the models and textures for the level from scratch anyway, so they might as well make it make logical sense.

I just wanted to go ahead and make sure it was clear that not everybody hates real-time infections. I personally am a huge fan - I always thought it was creepy watching allies and enemies alike struggle against an infection form and then horrifically mutate before your eyes. Additionally it adds to gameplay in that you can end up with more flood than usual and you have to take care to keep infection forms off of corpses and AI.

It wouldn't kill SPV3 for me but I always just thought the real time mutations looked like something from a B-list horror movie. Halo's not exactly the epitome of realism, but I just thought that the mutations took everything subtly creepy about the Flood and tossed it out the window in favor of a goofy exaggeration of everything that made the Flood scary in the first game.

EDIT: something I just remembered; I'd love to see SPV3 make the Scorpion's (or the Grizzly, whatever) co-axial machine gun actually useful instead of spraying everywhere but where you want to hit, like in CE.

This post has been edited by Henskelion: 25 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic