Halomods Community Portal: What do youwant to see in SPV3 - Halomods Community Portal

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do youwant to see in SPV3

The things we want to see

#21 User is offline   Faceman2000 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostHenskelion, on 25 October 2012 - 06:33 AM, said:

No reason for CMT not to change it, since 1). with the recent updates, they've shown they want to change all the levels rather than just overhaul them graphically and add new guns, and 2). they'd be having to make all the models and textures for the level from scratch anyway, so they might as well make it make logical sense.

As of right now they're remaking Silent Cartographer from scratch. The other levels they're working on (A10, A30, and A50) are all traditional CMT style - modded versions of the stock levels, with new BSPs sometimes. Any indication they've given as to their plans for the later levels has made it sound as though they will be done the same way, not a complete reimagining like the Silent Cartographer. That being said, if they do go ahead and completely remake the Maw I'm not opposed to them changing it like you suggested, but I feel it's simply not a huge concern.

This post has been edited by Faceman2000: 25 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

#22 User is offline   byakugan67 

• Pip
  • Locationmexico city

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

i dont know if you already answer this but are you going to change the spartan model?

#23 User is offline   BobtheGreatII 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

View Postbyakugan67, on 26 October 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

i dont know if you already answer this but are you going to change the spartan model?

It's certainly something that has been discussed, but it's at the bottom of the priority list right now.

#24 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Well if we remade the maw, that would mean redoing A10 as well, so that's not going to happen. the most likely candidate for another evolved map would be the Library, as it sucks big time in it's existing form.

#25 User is offline   Henskelion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 26 October 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Well if we remade the maw, that would mean redoing A10 as well, so that's not going to happen. the most likely candidate for another evolved map would be the Library, as it sucks big time in it's existing form.

Ah, I didn't consider that. Is CMT going to be doing "Evolved" versions of all Halo maps, or only a select few, with most of them being just mods of existing maps made by the B-Team?

My assumption was that B-Team existed to make what amounted to placeholder maps while the A-Team worked on the final, Evolved maps, but after all maps have been completed both teams would then focus on making Evolved versions of the modified maps B-Team worked on.

#26 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

No, it would take us years to do everything as evolved, not to mention it be a waste of time to do placeholder maps. What you guys will be getting in the next release is A10-A50 modded stock maps, and B30:Evolved.

#27 User is offline   Faceman2000 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

There's one more thing that I felt I ought to mention in regards to updating Flood. I would love to see ODST and Brute Flood in SPV3. ODST Flood wouldn't be too difficult to make based off of SPV2's Marine FLood. If you kept that same style it would really just consist of some kitbashing the ODST and Human Flood model together. The Brute would probably need to be entirely custom, so I understand if you chose not to make it. It would be an awesome additon though.

EDIT: Something else I remembered: I would love to see more variants of the elite armor. While you've said that you are trying to stay away from copying Reach, I feel that a couple new helmets for the Elites based off various helmets from Reach and Halo 4 (most notably the Ultra and perhaps the General) would be incredibly awesome while adding to the mod's variety.

This post has been edited by Faceman2000: 01 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

#28 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

I have a question can you make the hogs horns honk like in halo Vista?

#29 User is offline   HereticMajor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

I'd like the grunts and marines/captain keyes to have new textures. They look out of place with compared to everything else.

#30 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

You'll all be seeing our new Grunts soon.

#31 User is offline   HereticMajor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:43 AM

Cool! I know CMT uses custom content, but will "style" will they resemble? H1 revamped, H2, H3, or reach? (Not including Halo 4 cause I think those look bad)

#32 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

None of the above!

#33 User is offline   HereticMajor 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Ah, ok. Interested to see once it's ready.

#34 User is offline   walkertreat0 

• Pip

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

I would enjoy more flood variety. Ive seen halo ce models of brute combat forms and that would be pretty nice. Same with juggernauts and maybe even grunts?

#35 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

1 big thing for me is more shotgun ammo please + shotgun

This post has been edited by woodchucker: 30 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

#36 User is offline   VoidsShadow 

• Exalted Servant
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Woodchucker, would you care to elaborate? Your previous post is kinda vague.

#37 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

Well, I can say the shotgun is available through loadouts now in some missions, but ammo is scarce and we expect you to use it wisely as it's a powerful weapon. In the second half of the game, you will find it just as commonly as you do in the original.

#38 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 03 July 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

Well, I can say the shotgun is available through loadouts now in some missions, but ammo is scarce and we expect you to use it wisely as it's a powerful weapon. In the second half of the game, you will find it just as commonly as you do in the original.

I can see. why, but could you guys give the soldier more shotguns with more ammo in the shotguns please (for an example if they die most of the time they have 4-5 shots left)?

This post has been edited by woodchucker: 04 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

#39 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

I have a question (I know this maybe a little late to ask) I was wondering if you guy could install pelicans in different maps so people could fly them (like in CMT Single Player V2 B30 Beta where you could get in the pelican but couldn't fly it but this time maybe you could...)
If you guys could, could you make the speed of the pelican the same as the banshee (not super fast as other people or just drops like a rock)?

This post has been edited by woodchucker: 08 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

#40 User is offline   Bloodshot 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

I know it won't happen since you guys already have a beautiful model that's implemented, but I would've loved to see a more classic/Halo 3-style take on the shotty visually.

The Reach shotgun design + the position in both CEA and SPV3 just doesn't feel right to me.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic