Halomods Community Portal: What do youwant to see in SPV3 - Halomods Community Portal

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do youwant to see in SPV3

The things we want to see

#81 User is offline   CirkuitBreaker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:53 AM

I assumed those missions would be played as an ODST because the description for one of the missions in the UUI matches up very well with a mission the ODST did in the novel. None Left Behind's description is "Get the marines of the ring before it is blown to kingdom come." So I assumed we'd be capturing a covenant cruiser like in the book. Not sure about The Commander though. I just assumed it would be an ODST mission too.

I'm okay with some gameplay changes, but when you start raping the lore, I draw the line. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

This post has been edited by CirkuitBreaker: 20 February 2015 - 03:05 AM

#82 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:39 AM

The lore seems to get raped with every book/game/movie but nothing we do is without it's own explanation or backstory.

#83 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:58 AM

View PostCirkuitBreaker, on 20 February 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

I assumed those missions would be played as an ODST because the description for one of the missions in the UUI matches up very well with a mission the ODST did in the novel. None Left Behind's description is "Get the marines of the ring before it is blown to kingdom come." So I assumed we'd be capturing a covenant cruiser like in the book. Not sure about The Commander though. I just assumed it would be an ODST mission too.

I'm okay with some gameplay changes, but when you start raping the lore, I draw the line. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

For what it's worth, the Halo Lore has never been very solid. Besides, I really don't mind if my fiction space-soldier simulator game's fictional story gets broken by a community-made mod with fictional plotpoints in the Halo canon.

#84 User is offline   ericlol 

• Some Random Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow :3

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostMasterz1337, on 20 February 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

1. He can always jump through the main windshield. The original Banshee sequence didn't make the most sense either, as drive basically falls out of the banshee when the top opens. We'll show the chief driving the pelican in the final build behind the windshield. If you check out the UUI, you'll notice there are other missions before The Maw and after Keyes... hmmm

2. The pelican actually appears at the correct moment, the game stalls when loading the pelican data (you can see all the waves stop moving and the camera halts it's constant motion) which makes it appear it spawns early. You also can hear the sound effects for the pelican load before the game continues to render the rest of the pelican.

What I was trying to say is that you can see the pelican spawning in the cutscene instead of it driving into your field of view.

#85 User is offline   CirkuitBreaker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

Is there any chance that after the release of SPV3D40, you guys will go back and redo all of the levels with the very pretty directional light maps?

#86 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

View PostCirkuitBreaker, on 26 February 2015 - 11:05 PM, said:

Is there any chance that after the release of SPV3D40, you guys will go back and redo all of the levels with the very pretty directional light maps?

no they want to live a life

#87 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:58 AM

View PostCirkuitBreaker, on 26 February 2015 - 11:05 PM, said:

I don't think it is worth the effort. I rather put my time into something new people will enjoy and have fun playing than making something more pretty. Graphics for me are the lowest priority.

#88 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:26 AM

View PostMasterz1337, on 27 February 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

I don't think it is worth the effort. I rather put my time into something new people will enjoy and have fun playing than making something more pretty. Graphics for me are the lowest priority.

go out there and get married, have children, and live a full life. then you can do dlms for spv3.

#89 User is offline   CirkuitBreaker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

Honestly your work is so great that after SPv3 you seriously think about keeping Custom Map Team together and forming a game studio and creating your own IP(s) and games. You know, for money.

#90 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:23 AM

View PostCirkuitBreaker, on 27 February 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

Honestly your work is so great that after SPv3 you seriously think about keeping Custom Map Team together and forming a game studio and creating your own IP(s) and games. You know, for money.

A lot of the CMT team including teh_lag and Ifafudafi are leaving CMT after TSC:E is out.

#91 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

It's only 3 members.

#92 User is offline   Dynohunter 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

I would like to know if I'm the only one or if there are more like me who wish the flood were more scary similar to dead space. Where you would kill them or see dead bodies on the ground who suddenly get up and attack u out of no where or seem dead and suddenly get up with the creepy music and I understand the mutation thing but why not a more gruesome change like seeing there body parts move around rather than like said earlier a cheesy animation more of realistic infestation with screams and stuff not sure if just me but I think it will be a lot better wanna know if people agree

#93 User is offline   Dynohunter 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

Also I'm a fanboy at heart and love what you guys have done to the game and will be very happy with whatever you choose to do. just offering a suggestion

#94 User is offline   Dynohunter 

• Pip

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

Also I have never modded before so not sure if possible but the elites charge at you should be more menacing, like it should knock stuff out of way while running and yelling at u and run like a sprint tying to dodge bullets while still running at u rather than just a normal run animation

#95 User is offline   CirkuitBreaker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:27 AM

Dude, there is no need to triple post. If you have something else to say, you can use the edit button.

#96 User is offline   RabbitFood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:08 AM

View PostCirkuitBreaker, on 28 February 2015 - 03:27 AM, said:

Dude, there is no need to triple post. If you have something else to say, you can use the edit button.

ye but it dont really hurt no one

#97 User is offline   Dynohunter 

• Pip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:45 AM

Yeah sorry I'm new to this

#98 User is offline   EdSnaider 

• Heroic Challenger
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMexico

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

View PostRabbitFood, on 27 February 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

A lot of the CMT team including teh_lag and Ifafudafi are leaving CMT after TSC:E is out.

I'm happy for them but at the same time I die a little inside

#99 User is offline   CirkuitBreaker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

What do I want to see? On Noble, all Jackals are Halo 2 Legendary Jackal snipers.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic