H1_CE
Plasma Launcher

mostly functional :P

#1 User is offline   Bobblehob 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

At the moment, this plasma launcher uses a system of overcharge and spew time effects, coupled with an overheating system that allows it to behave very similarly to the Halo: Reach plasma launcher when fully charged.

I am hoping to get some feedback from the community as far as improving the functionality, and maybe even giving it the ability to fire 1, 2, or 3 shots depending on the charge level.

This is a video of the progress so far.

#2 User is offline   kornman00 

• SourceGuy 2.0
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

Approved. Also added xfire media tag support.

#3 User is offline   Spartan094 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

Make a function IF you can for it to fire one to 4 depending on the charge level if its possible. It would make it even better. Try to make the projectile slightly slower, and I mean SLIGHTLY slower, then it could be just as good I would think.

#4 User is offline   Bobblehob 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

View PostSpartan094, on 08 May 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

Make a function IF you can for it to fire one to 4 depending on the charge level if its possible. It would make it even better. Try to make the projectile slightly slower, and I mean SLIGHTLY slower, then it could be just as good I would think.

I agree, I mean that's what I want to be able to do with it, its just I don't know of any way to make that happen. The stock weapon tag doesn't allow for it :\

#5 User is offline   Ifafudafi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

View PostSpartan094, on 08 May 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

Make a function IF you can for it to fire one to 4 depending on the charge level if its possible.

Sadly, it isn't. Behvaioral variables like projectile counts/cooling times/spew times/etc. can't be tied to functions; the only major things you can use them for are aesthetic elements like .contrails, .shader*s, .light(_volume)s, .effects, .particle systems, and .sound(_looping)s. There are some things you can work around (like using overheats to moderate the spew rate of fire), but this is one of the sad things you can't.

(Also, if you're planning on working off that PP charge particle effect for the gun, I'd recommend ripping and utilizing my much better ASCM version of that effect set; the plasma pack stuff is way outdated)

#6 User is offline   Bobblehob 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:00 AM

View PostIfafudafi, on 11 May 2011 - 03:23 AM, said:

Sadly, it isn't. Behvaioral variables like projectile counts/cooling times/spew times/etc. can't be tied to functions; the only major things you can use them for are aesthetic elements like .contrails, .shader*s, .light(_volume)s, .effects, .particle systems, and .sound(_looping)s. There are some things you can work around (like using overheats to moderate the spew rate of fire), but this is one of the sad things you can't.

(Also, if you're planning on working off that PP charge particle effect for the gun, I'd recommend ripping and utilizing my much better ASCM version of that effect set; the plasma pack stuff is way outdated)

Yeah, I was already fairly certain that it wasn't possible. I was wondering if anyone knows if it could be possible through scripting, though I'm not sure whether or not scripting can be applied to weapon effects.

Also, I am using the charge effect from The campaign at the moment :D. Im hoping to utilize the tag structure and use my own sprites. If that doesn't work then I may have to resort to using yours. Though, that wouldn't be to bad either ;P

#7 User is offline   blitzburnz4 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

Where the hell were you when Bungie was making Reach......

This could of easily been put in there as the Covie Spartan Laser or something like that....

#8 User is offline   Prototape 

• Wot
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:39 AM

Very cool!

#9 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

http://beta.xfire.co...os/542808/embed
Bump because I can.

Planning on using Open Sauce.
Any good places to start?

This post has been edited by Spartan314: 01 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

#10 User is offline   d3athrune 

• Pip

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

I just registered to say, this is great! I love these modding communities and devs that reunite a good game; Halo.

But. I am starting to scared of these demi-gods removing the halo of the game, until it looks like unreal tournament 3. I hope some of you see this you see, the halo 1 sounds are the best and I saw a video of them tearing it a part. Theres certain sound effects that make it Halo such as the Plama Pistols sounds of it when it has that effect near the end of the projectile.

Sounds like those make it feal like halo and not another si-fi game.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users