• You cannot reply to this topic

Confirmed/Wanted Weapons

#1 User is offline   Bombmaster2001 

• Cool Guys Don't Look At Needler Explosions
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationAustin- Texas

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

So I've started this thread to serve for the future SPV3 maps as a list of weapons we know are in the game. You can also post weapons you want to be in SPV3.

#2 User is offline   Bombmaster2001 

• PipPipPip
  • LocationAustin- Texas

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

I'd like to see the MA5K added back into SPV3, and a silenced version for T&R. It would have 2 modes of firing. One is full-auto, the other is single shot.

#3 User is offline   Docer 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

yep i'd like to see this weapons

Plasma repeater
Posted Image

Energy Sword
Posted Image

Needler rifle
Posted Image

Plasma cannon
Posted Image

This guy have a nice plasma repeater.
My link

That's all :D

This post has been edited by Docer: 05 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

#4 User is offline   TailsTheGamer 

• I want YOU to make a contract with me.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

I wouldn't want to see a bunch of Halo REACH weapons remade into the game but I would like to see some customized weapons that represent weapons from the other games. (Kinda like the multiple Plasma Pistol like weapons from SPV3 TTAR.) Some heavy weapons that you'll need in one part of the game and isn't used often throughout the campaign or maybe some customized UNSC turrets or something. I know I'm not good at thinking up ideas but I thought I'd post this anyway. Not often do you see other version of weapons that use the needles. Maybe a heavy weapon that uses the needler type ammo. IDK, just my thought.

#5 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

My opinion:
Plasma Repeater doubles functionality of Plasma Rifle - it would be better to add something like Storm Rifle than Repeater.
Reapeter fires weaker but also faster bolts and can be vented to reduce heat ilumination - that last thing is something useful.

Needler Rifle and Carbine use is similar. CMT would prefer to add some new features or weapons than to waste tag space for similar weapons. Unless they would decide to use for e.g. plasma repeater on some levels instead of Plasma Rifle, needle rifle instead of carbine... that would be nice, but it's CMT decision what to do.

We know that in game there would be: battle rifle with grenade launcher, DMR, M6D pistol, Assault Rifle, M7 SMG with silencer (not M7S, because M7S had reduced clip to 48 rounds and CMT will give 60 rounds per clip), Sniper rifle and shotgun. I assume that in game there will be also Rocket Launcher, maybe Spartan Laser and UNSC turrets.

For the Covenant: we know about Plasma Pistol (with EMP effect on vehicles), Plasma Rifle and their Brute versions (new Brute Plasma Pistol which functions similar to Boltshot from H4), Carbine, Energy Sword (in A50 not usable for player), Needler, Spiker, Bruteshot. Prabobly we will see also Fuel Rod Gun (not sure if it would be usable by Player), new "Covenant Long Range Weapon", plasma turrets/cannons (not shade turrets).

Well, I would like to see some new weapons or sentinels, or other Forerunner defense constructs ;)

#6 User is offline   byakugan67 

• Pip
  • Locationmexico city

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

gravity hammer
may be?
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

View Postbyakugan67, on 05 November 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

gravity hammer
may be?

Not in Halo CE. CMT won't add this one because it can't be done properly in Custom Edition.

This post has been edited by Kili: 06 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

#8 User is offline   BobtheGreatII 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Same goes for the sword. Also Masterz always has choice words for the energy sword when it comes up in conversation.

#9 User is offline   FireBlaze 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Spartan laser to take out dropship turrets (not the dropship itself, I don't really like that. Just the turrets.) And maybe disable other covenant vehicles like wraiths for a period of time like in kirby's emp plasma pistol demonstration plus severe damage, but less damage against infantry. That would probably be extremely useful in a30 and other maps that constantly have covenant dropships and tanks coming after you. Also disabler may be good against banshees when you don't have an efficient weapon to take them out otherwise.

Also where did the ma5k go?

This post has been edited by FireBlaze: 06 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

#10 User is offline   Bombmaster2001 

• PipPipPip
  • LocationAustin- Texas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostFireBlaze, on 06 November 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

Spartan laser to take out dropship turrets (not the dropship itself, I don't really like that. Just the turrets.) And maybe disable other covenant vehicles like wraiths for a period of time like in kirby's emp plasma pistol demonstration plus severe damage, but less damage against infantry. That would probably be extremely useful in a30 and other maps that constantly have covenant dropships and tanks coming after you. Also disabler may be good against banshees when you don't have an efficient weapon to take them out otherwise.

Also where did the ma5k go?

It was cut from SPV2.

#11 Guest_xXR0B0STEELXx_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostBombmaster2001, on 06 November 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

It was cut from SPV2.

It was also cut from Halo 4

#12 User is offline   Amit 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

View PostBombmaster2001, on 05 November 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

I'd like to see the MA5K added back into SPV3, and a silenced version for T&R. It would have 2 modes of firing. One is full-auto, the other is single shot.

The purpose of the MA5K was to provide both reliable single-shot and full-auto capability for a mid-range carbine with good firepower. Although, for full-auto it took longer for the RoF to get up to speed. I'm sure they removed it from campaign because there were more weapons they wanted to add to cater to be more specialized rather than having an all-around good mid-range weapon like the MA5K. After playing SPv3 a50, I would still like to see the MA5K make a return in some map.

This post has been edited by Amit: 09 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

#13 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

My version of the AR functions much like the MA5K did, If we do ever bring the MA5K back, it is unlikely to function as it did before.

#14 User is offline   2kool2snip3 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

What about the concussion rifle from Halo Reach and Halo 4? The concussion rifle can do a little bit more damage than the brute shot. Rounds per magazine size should be also 6. But projectiles will travel straight instead. Also, the concussion rifle can only be used by Elite Majors and Elite Zealots. But can be used by Spartans as well.

This post has been edited by 2kool2snip3: 17 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

#15 User is offline   xXR0B0STEELxX 

• PipPip

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 09 November 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

My version of the AR functions much like the MA5K did, If we do ever bring the MA5K back, it is unlikely to function as it did before.

you should include the MA5K into maps as an easter egg, or hidden weapon

#16 User is offline   xXR0B0STEELxX 

• PipPip

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

If I were to have a list of wanted weapons, it would be:

Assault Rifle
Battle Rifle/BRG
DMR (one that works like in Halo 4)
Assault Carbine
SMG
Shotgun
Sniper
Pistol/Magnum
Frag Grenades
Rocket Launcher
Flamethrower
SAW (for an easter egg)

I wouldn't care about the covie weapons, because I don't feel that they appear the burning plasma weapons that they actually are meant to be.

#17 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostxXR0B0STEELxX, on 19 November 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

If I were to have a list of wanted weapons, it would be:

Assault Rifle
Battle Rifle/BRG
DMR (one that works like in Halo 4)
Assault Carbine
SMG
Shotgun
Sniper
Pistol/Magnum
Frag Grenades
Rocket Launcher
Flamethrower
SAW (for an easter egg)

I wouldn't care about the covie weapons, because I don't feel that they appear the burning plasma weapons that they actually are meant to be.

I think that if covie weapons would be like they meant to be, then it would be very frustrating to complete game on Easy, not to mention Legendary.
For e.g. plasma pistol if in real life in 2 shots would have killed armored marine, maybe 3-4 shots for spartan with shields down. Covie carbine would kill you instantly or cause you to lose health after first hit when your shields are down. Shields would be twice as resilient to human weapons (or shields two times more vulnerable to plasma). So you would end up in fighting covies on Easy difficulty as you now play Legendary. Spirit dropship would have killed you in 2 shots. All that on Easy or Normal. Still you want effects as it meant to be?

EDIT:
SAW instead of detachable turrets sounds great ;)

I would like to see also an MA2B in gameplay. It looks similar to BR or MA5K but fires larger caliber (.390) rounds, it has greater stopping power and rate of fire than any of MA5 line guns, and it was often used by ODST or Spartans when minimum equipement missions. How it would could be implemented in game? I would like to see ideas of CMT ;)

This post has been edited by Kili: 19 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

#18 User is offline   xXR0B0STEELxX 

• PipPip

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostKili, on 19 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

I think that if covie weapons would be like they meant to be, then it would be very frustrating to complete game on Easy, not to mention Legendary.
For e.g. plasma pistol if in real life in 2 shots would have killed armored marine, maybe 3-4 shots for spartan with shields down. Covie carbine would kill you instantly or cause you to lose health after first hit when your shields are down. Shields would be twice as resilient to human weapons (or shields two times more vulnerable to plasma). So you would end up in fighting covies on Easy difficulty as you now play Legendary. Spirit dropship would have killed you in 2 shots. All that on Easy or Normal. Still you want effects as it meant to be?

I meant that they could do less shield damage, but more health damage, and it could make marines/enemies react to it being more like burning plasma than a BB bullet. And so that marines don't die really fast, you can make the marines more skilled, like trying to avoid getting shot, diving to cover, give them a tactical system (shoot in squads of up to 5 at a group of enemies)

#19 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostxXR0B0STEELxX, on 20 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

I meant that they could do less shield damage, but more health damage, and it could make marines/enemies react to it being more like burning plasma than a BB bullet. And so that marines don't die really fast, you can make the marines more skilled, like trying to avoid getting shot, diving to cover, give them a tactical system (shoot in squads of up to 5 at a group of enemies)

To be honest, plasma weapons should do damage to shields at current level and plasma should have burning effect and deal more damage to the body. That is what that weapons meant to be.
Increasing Marines AI would be helpful on higher levels, currently on Heroic they die fast (at least half of squad on single encounter).

#20 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

lol my plasma repeater.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic