• Group: Members
  • LocationAustin- Texas

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Idea for new weapon:

Type: Power Weapon

Ammunition: Combo Needles

Firing Mode: Single

Type: Pistol

Essentially, this is a Needle-based weapon that shoots Combine needles, [Seven regular needles] and causes a Combine Explosion on impact on flesh or shields. Kills an Elite, Brute, Spartan, or Marine in 1-2 hits, and anything below in 1. Its can hold up to 8 shots at once, and its ammunition can be found rarely around the maps. First seen on the mission, "Halo".

Good idea? Bad idea? Post your responses below.

#22 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

So you can get only one kill per clip if you land all but one shot, its an instant kill with supercombine, ammo is rarely found, and it's suppose to be introduced on a wide open map?

#23 User is offline   Bombmaster2001 

• Cool Guys Don't Look At Needler Explosions
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationAustin- Texas

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 23 November 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

So you can get only one kill per clip if you land all but one shot, its an instant kill with supercombine, ammo is rarely found, and it's suppose to be introduced on a wide open map?

No... It is kind of like the Stick Detonator in H4, in theory. It has one Combine Needle per clip, and it reloads similar to the needle rifle and carbine- which both use the strange container as ammunition. It reloads a bit quicker, though. And yes, the ammo would have to be rare, as to balance the weapon. Now onto the part about the, "wide open map". Since CMT is changing the gameplay of Halo to be centered on Alpha Base, I think that this would be a good addition to the gameplay, as it adds more defensive options, so to speak. Oh, and one more thing: The needle doesn't act like the needlers needle. It doesn't track players or AI.

#24 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostBombmaster2001, on 23 November 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

No... It is kind of like the Stick Detonator in H4, in theory. It has one Combine Needle per clip, and it reloads similar to the needle rifle and carbine- which both use the strange container as ammunition. It reloads a bit quicker, though. And yes, the ammo would have to be rare, as to balance the weapon. Now onto the part about the, "wide open map". Since CMT is changing the gameplay of Halo to be centered on Alpha Base, I think that this would be a good addition to the gameplay, as it adds more defensive options, so to speak. Oh, and one more thing: The needle doesn't act like the needlers needle. It doesn't track players or AI.

For me more sense would have Needle rifle (You proposed something like this, but with instant kill and low capacity of clips) or Concusion rifle. I would like to see other weapons than something like this, especially on wide open area. On Legendary (2-3 shots to kill enemy, but enemy would've kill you in 1-2 shot) you would probably die before killing enemy wielding it - that would be pain in the a**. Unless, it would be easy to doge incoming projectile (low velocity projectile like those of needler?), then it would be low ammo gun with no much of use when fighting large enemy squads.
This weapon would be very unballanced, besides it has functionality of power weapons. I would prefer to use Fuel Rod Gun or Concusion rifle instead this one, which you proposed.
To balance this weapon, I assume, you would have to place maybe 2 of them (if ammo count <= 10) or total ammo per level max. 20. That would be a loss of tagspace :/

This post has been edited by Kili: 24 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

#25 User is offline   Bombmaster2001 

• Cool Guys Don't Look At Needler Explosions
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationAustin- Texas

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostKili, on 24 November 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

For me more sense would have Needle rifle (You proposed something like this, but with instant kill and low capacity of clips) or Concusion rifle. I would like to see other weapons than something like this, especially on wide open area. On Legendary (2-3 shots to kill enemy, but enemy would've kill you in 1-2 shot) you would probably die before killing enemy wielding it - that would be pain in the a**. Unless, it would be easy to doge incoming projectile (low velocity projectile like those of needler?), then it would be low ammo gun with no much of use when fighting large enemy squads.
This weapon would be very unballanced, besides it has functionality of power weapons. I would prefer to use Fuel Rod Gun or Concusion rifle instead this one, which you proposed.
To balance this weapon, I assume, you would have to place maybe 2 of them (if ammo count <= 10) or total ammo per level max. 20. That would be a loss of tagspace :/

Well, it was only an idea. I suppose the Concussion Rifle, Stick Detonator, or Grenade Launcher would fit the role better.

#26 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostBombmaster2001, on 24 November 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

Well, it was only an idea. I suppose the Concussion Rifle, Stick Detonator, or Grenade Launcher would fit the role better.

Sticky detonator is not balanced in H4, but it don't have to, because it's only usable for player. Your weapon could be similar to sticky, but... CMT was always saying that they do not implement weapons which can be wielded by one side - Covies or player. Tagspace can be saved with this thinking for other ideas.

#27 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Well we do implement one sided weapons when necessary, but we always try to think of how it could be a Covie weapon first. In the case of the DMR, we wanted that specific weapon for it's functionality and visuals, so we didn't investigate on how to apply it to the Carbine.

#28 User is offline   Ace 

• Pip

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I would really like to see the DMR, it was my favorite human weapon in halo reach and in halo 4.

#29 User is offline   Kili 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostMasterz1337, on 24 November 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

Well we do implement one sided weapons when necessary, but we always try to think of how it could be a Covie weapon first. In the case of the DMR, we wanted that specific weapon for it's functionality and visuals, so we didn't investigate on how to apply it to the Carbine.

For DMR counterpart you could always add Needle Rifle with its 3 hit for supercombine, if you want :P

#30 User is offline   BobtheGreatII 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostAce, on 06 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

I would really like to see the DMR, it was my favorite human weapon in halo reach and in halo 4.

*cough*

http://www.halomods....ndpost__p__6928

This post has been edited by BobtheGreatII: 06 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

#31 User is offline   Zealous 

• Pip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I'd love to see a unique weapon, something I've been attempting to think up is a "Plasma flame-thrower" say if you took the focus out of a focus rifle, it would spew out blue flames, as opposed to it being heavy equipment however, it would be in a sleek covenant design, something I imagine Jackals and Brutes using.

#32 User is offline   2kool2snip3 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

I wanted a Halo 4 Style Railgun which blows anything up with one direct hit but will only have a single clip.
I also wanted a Halo 4 Style Incineration Cannon which belongs to the covenant but will shoot 4 red fuel rod projectiles that spread and draw back together, still heading for the target and will also only have a single clip.

This post has been edited by 2kool2snip3: 12 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

#33 User is offline   Xtralaos 

• Pip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

The Grenade Launcher
http://halo.bungie.n...s/040510/gl.png

I think you could just... make a model and have it fire Grenades that don't bounce and explode directly on impact

#34 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Kinda impractical.
Why have a grenade launcher when you have an arm?

#35 User is offline   GreatCesar1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationATX

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

I would like to see a grenade launcher with the exact function of reach (hold to emp, etc), i would like to see the needle rifle also not because im a fan just because i would like to see how it could be implemented, FRG with player use, beam rifle(but not a one shot kill on legendary) because it was a second sniper with a different function than the sniper since you dont have to reload it(maybe make it like halo 4 but visually like h2/h3).

#36 User is offline   Vikocho 

• Pip

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Will there be a Spartan Laser? i always wanted weapons from later Halo games, even though what i know is that CMT refrain from making Halo-3/Other Halo-ish modification...

#37 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Nope no Spartan Laser this time around. We announced 2 new weapons at CE3 yesterday though.

#38 User is offline   Vikocho 

• Pip

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

ah, what a shame... for me... but doesn't matter, the rest of the weapon is already beyond my satisfaction... doesn't need a spartan laser after all.

#39 User is offline   Henskelion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

With the Spartan Laser out of the question, does this mean there will be any sort of power weapon to replace the Rocket Launcher/Fuel Rod Gun, or are those going to remain as SPV's heaviest weapons?

#40 User is offline   Masterz1337 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

Right now the only planned power weapon for the first set of releases is the RL, the FRG may be added in for the second half of campaign.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic