Halomods Community Portal: Extracting AI From SP Map & Add To Other SP Map TUT? - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2X
Extracting AI From SP Map & Add To Other SP Map TUT?

Anyone remember adding different Ai to SP Maps from other SP Maps?

#1 User is offline   Winger 

• Grunt Breeder/Hunter Worm Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Does anyone still remember how to extract AI from a Campaign map and then adding it/them to another Campaign map? Thanks in advance.:D/>/>/>

Edit: For example, extracting the Flood, Brutes,& Heretics from a map in which they only appear and then adding them into different Campaign maps in which they do not originally appear in? I've only found Tutorials on how to add them into a Multiplayer
map.I just skip certain parts that aren't for multiplayer map process. When I decompile I keep getting a mishandled exception.
This happens before I even reach the section for doing the rest for the multiplayer map (In which I mention that I have to skip).

This post has been edited by Winger: 20 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

#2 User is offline   nullen 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

You could probably use entity to recursively extract the .char that you want and then build it into the map you want it in.

#3 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

View Postnullen, on 19 March 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

You could probably use entity to recursively extract the .char that you want and then build it into the map you want it in.

Hi Nullen! Thanks for your reply. I'll give that a try! Question: does the map I want to inject have to be clean or can it be modded?

#4 User is offline   nullen 

• Pip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

You can inject them into the modded map as far as I know.

#5 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Hi Nullen. I remember trying to do that years back with a program-don't remember which one...But, I remember that the map I was supposed to inject to had to be a clean map as well. But, I'll give it a try! Then, I'll post here what happened.

Edit 1: Ok. I recursively extracted the character (Flood Infected Elite-to test) from Floodzone.map. Now, I tried to inject it to
a different SP map. But, I keep getting an error. And it asks for ".xml" file. Is that the generic.char file or is it supposed to be the "flood_combatelite.info"? Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

This post has been edited by Winger: 19 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

#6 User is offline   nullen 

• Pip

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

I am so sorry for the late reply. I've forgotten how to inject with entity but Insolence is a great method of injecting stuff since all you have to do is drag & drop if I recall correctly. It's been a real long time since I've fiddled around with Halo 2 modding though.

#7 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

That's ok. Thanks for the response. Do you still remember exactly which Flood files do I need to extract to import them into a different SP map (ex: Spacestation)?

#8 User is offline   Trulife834 

• Pip

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

If only I still remembered, you have to manually inject code into the game using a trainer i think its called Yelo, then you need to drag over some ?reflexives? from the sp map to the mp map and then the AI will only shoot at you, it wont move unless you replace its idle animation with a walking animation, but they wont navigate, They will just walk into walls and such.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic