Halomods Community Portal: Changing camera coordinates in Halo 2 Vista - Halomods Community Portal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H2_PC
Changing camera coordinates in Halo 2 Vista

Warthog chaingun

#1 User is offline   dirtysouthboy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBowling Green, Ky

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm trying to do some realism mods to Halo 2 Vista. One of them is trying to make the Warthog's chaingun FP. I'm using Gravemind to do some of the mods. I've figured out how to get the chaingun out of 3rd person but I'm trying to change the camera coordinates now to align correctly with the chaingun. Right now the camera is right below the barrel and I can't seem to find the coordinate locations to change it. If it's even possible. I'd appreciate any help.

#2 User is offline   KillsAlone 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Since you have H2V you might as well install the H2Ek off of the DVD. Then its easier to open a tag and compare it to its compiled form in Gravemind. If you do so also download the Unlocked H2EK so you can have mostly unrestricted access to your tags.

-Now open Guerilla (I prefer H2 Guerilla New from the Unlocked H2EK).

-Navigate to and open objects\vehicles\warthog\turrets\chaingun\chaingun.vehicle.

-Inside of this tag scroll down until you see CAMERA TRACKS, take note there are actually two sections labeled as such.

-So from there you can see what you will need to edit in Gravemind, you can compare the values between other vehicles to get a better idea of the values you need to play with.

For the least amount of trial and error you should try one of two things:

-Create a new Hog Vehicle in the H2EK (do not overwrite the original) and a new turret to go with it. To do so just create a duplicate of the Warthog.vehicle and copy it to a new folder (beside the original not inside of). Name it whatever you want. Edit this new Hog so it points to a new turret as well.

-Then you can compile it on a test map (such as Example.scenario) and test it in H2V (however you will need the MainMenu Mod to do so).

Or:

-Use Cheat Engine (or perhaps Ambiguous) to edit the Warthog's values in Real Time, this way theres less guessing and you can see the results instantly.

------------------------------------------

Now I just noticed (under the Hog's Chaingun.vehicle turret) just below (and inside of) the section called SEATS, there is a field that says camera marker name, if you open the render_model for the chaingun and edit that marker (edit the Z value for said marker) then the camera will most likely raise up.

Okay here is the Z value: -0.00583639, so edit that number from a duplicate Warthog or from Real Time or in Gravemind and I believe you will be good to go as long as its already set to First Person as you said.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic