Halomods Community Portal: Universal UI Official Thread - Halomods Community Portal

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Universal UI Official Thread

The newest updates on Halo CE's UUI

#1 User is offline   MoooseGuy 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 15-August 12

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Greetings, fellow Halo players! It's been a long time coming, and finally the much-anticipated update to Halo CE's Universal UI has been completed.

Posted Image

Halo CE's most popular functional interface has now been updated! Now be able to view and switch profiles at any time, from anywhere. Experience a redesigned interface layout, with high-quality images, cleaner lines, standardized spacing and colors. Hear new music carefully picked from throughout the Halo game series. Also, this update includes much better support for controllers and gamepads. To see all the awesomeness, give it a download and check it out!

Want to play the classic campaign? CMT levels? Project Lumoria? A ton of community Singleplayer levels and Firefight maps? You're covered! Also, you get to select the difficulty of any map that you load with the touch of a button. Plus, the multiplayer server list has been modernized and all interface elements have been slimmed down for easy navigation and quick game starting.

People who made this possible:
MoooseGuy - Project lead, BSP setup, interface, scripting, various bitmaps, etc.
Hudmasta! (aka Choclate Thunda) - Spearheading interface redesign, bitmap and layout creation.
Giraffe (aka L28) - Halo interface pioneer, advice giver, widget-toyer, and music compiler.
Masterz1337 - CMT leader, project ideator, supplier of SPV3 images.
{SBB} Storm and Team Members - Extensive testing, problem-finding, and feedback.
TM Mapping Team - Original Project Lumoria planet and logo.
MatthewDratt - Takedown logo and images.
Bungie - The Halo game and its elements.

HaloMaps link is up!
Download From HaloMaps

Enjoy!

This post has been edited by MoooseGuy: 29 September 2014 - 02:03 PM


#2 User is offline   shephard 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 03-January 12

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Tried it out and it's a really nice UI. It's clean and simple and it has a lot of maps detail and thumbnail for this UI. Also the file size is small. 10/10

#3 User is offline   ShockwaveS08 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 16-February 12

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

This is quite simply the best UI I have ever seen in all my days playing CE! Awesome job, dude!

However, there was a little problem with the UI: I can't seem to access the .yelo SPV3 Truth and Reconciliation beta from the in-game menus. It simply says to go find it on Halomaps.org, even though I already have it in my maps folder. Renaming the .yelo file to "SPV3A50.yelo", according to the levelname present in the UI, didn't work. Any assistance on this matter would be much appreciated.

#4 User is offline   DivineGuardian7 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 04-January 13

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Nice Job Mooseguy :) It is so clean and simple. I like it. But can you make everything in a higher resolution? It all looks pixelated. Also It would be cool if you made the theme cooler. But other than those 2 things, nice job keep up the good work :D

#5 User is offline   Masterz1337 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person
  • Joined: 23-May 11

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostShockwaveS08, on 15 February 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

This is quite simply the best UI I have ever seen in all my days playing CE! Awesome job, dude!

However, there was a little problem with the UI: I can't seem to access the .yelo SPV3 Truth and Reconciliation beta from the in-game menus. It simply says to go find it on Halomaps.org, even though I already have it in my maps folder. Renaming the .yelo file to "SPV3A50.yelo", according to the levelname present in the UI, didn't work. Any assistance on this matter would be much appreciated.

You have to access that by going to classic campaign. All spv3 maps in the future have a unique filename thanks to this UI.

#6 User is offline   Kili 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 25-March 12

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostShockwaveS08, on 15 February 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

This is quite simply the best UI I have ever seen in all my days playing CE! Awesome job, dude!

However, there was a little problem with the UI: I can't seem to access the .yelo SPV3 Truth and Reconciliation beta from the in-game menus. It simply says to go find it on Halomaps.org, even though I already have it in my maps folder. Renaming the .yelo file to "SPV3A50.yelo", according to the levelname present in the UI, didn't work. Any assistance on this matter would be much appreciated.

Name it as a50.yelo, then use Classic campaigne menu ;)
Otherwisie HCE will claim that yelo file is damaged or incorrect.

#7 User is offline   MoooseGuy 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 15-August 12

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Map is now available on HaloMaps.org! Link has been updated.

#8 User is offline   CabooseRvB 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 09-May 12

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostMoooseGuy, on 24 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Map is now available on HaloMaps.org! Link has been updated.


Is the UI eventually going to have a download feature??? The campaign files will probably take alittle longer to download, but maybe it should be in a download page on the UI or something similiar. That way while your doing other things in the game, it will still be downloading.......

This post has been edited by CabooseRvB: 24 February 2013 - 09:39 PM


#9 User is offline   TailsTheGamer 

  • I want YOU to make a contract with me.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 25-February 12

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

I've been using this UI for a little while now. As in the 14th or 15th (one of those XP) and I gotta say...I LOVE IT! It's so simple to just load up Firefight Descent and the other Firefight maps out there and the singleplayer map menu is easy to navigate and understand not only that but HELPFUL. No more map_name bluhbluh-bluh. ^_^

#10 User is offline   MoooseGuy 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 15-August 12

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

@CabooseRVB:
If I were to implement an ingame downloading feature, it would require the use of a third-party extension that modifies the core engine mechanics. In this case, I would need to collaborate with the makers of OS and/or HAC to get them to support this in their next release. For right now, just use the links provided in the "Links and Helpful Information" text file provided in the download.

This post has been edited by MoooseGuy: 27 February 2013 - 04:08 AM


#11 User is offline   CabooseRvB 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 09-May 12

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostMoooseGuy, on 27 February 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

@CabooseRVB:
If I were to implement an ingame downloading feature, it would require the use of a third-party extension that modifies the core engine mechanics. In this case, I would need to collaborate with the makers of OS and/or HAC to get them to support this in their next release. For right now, just use the links provided in the "Links and Helpful Information" text file provided in the download.


No problem, thanks for answering...

#12 User is offline   DivineGuardian7 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 04-January 13

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

@Mooseguy.

MOOOOOSEGUUUUUUY! :( You uploaded version 1.0 in January. I was hoping you were to upload newer versions with an updated layout and higher quality UI resolutions. This is March... Are you going to update it? Because the only thing that bugs me about the layout is the campaign and firefight UI, more so the campaign. I am a little OCD haha but I was just wondering is all. I just think you could improve the campaign selection screen by having it set out with Lumoria, Halo 1 & 2 as 1 column and a secondary column next to them as the CMT versions (maybe even Lumoria with the CMT tagset and UI). Then when you click on them, it has a list at the left with the pic of the map and info on the right as normal. And you could have "custom campaigns" at the bottom left as a buttion and have a list of different campaign titles and then when you click on them, a list of those levels for that campaign come up. ^_^

It is just that I personally don't like how it is broken up into Bungie, CMT, H2SPP or whatever. you could have at the bottom of the description of each campaign who the creators were in small print. or even make it so the titles were clickable with a popup/page that tells you about that team and their work which would be really cool. Just some idea's, thanks for reading and have a nice day man :highfive:

#13 User is offline   TailsTheGamer 

  • I want YOU to make a contract with me.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 25-February 12

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostDivineGuardian7, on 15 March 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

@Mooseguy.

MOOOOOSEGUUUUUUY! :(/>/> You uploaded version 1.0 in January. I was hoping you were to upload newer versions with an updated layout and higher quality UI resolutions. This is March... Are you going to update it? Because the only thing that bugs me about the layout is the campaign and firefight UI, more so the campaign. I am a little OCD haha but I was just wondering is all. I just think you could improve the campaign selection screen by having it set out with Lumoria, Halo 1 & 2 as 1 column and a secondary column next to them as the CMT versions (maybe even Lumoria with the CMT tagset and UI). Then when you click on them, it has a list at the left with the pic of the map and info on the right as normal. And you could have "custom campaigns" at the bottom left as a buttion and have a list of different campaign titles and then when you click on them, a list of those levels for that campaign come up. ^_^/>/>

It is just that I personally don't like how it is broken up into Bungie, CMT, H2SPP or whatever. you could have at the bottom of the description of each campaign who the creators were in small print. or even make it so the titles were clickable with a popup/page that tells you about that team and their work which would be really cool. Just some idea's, thanks for reading and have a nice day man :highfive:/>/>



I think it looks fine just the way it is.

Bungie Studio
>Classic Campaign
CMT Members
>Singleplayer V3
>Halo 2 Singleplayer
TM Mapping Team
>Project Lumoria

---------------------
>More Creations...

It only makes sense to keep it the way it is. It shows who is the creator and places what project in the corresponding areas allowing to show the user of the UI the makers of the maps so people can know who the authors are without having to repeat the authors name. Well that's my opinion anyway. As far as higher res, is that even possible? I'd think if they were going to use higher res buttons and such they wouldn't have wasted their time on the lower res buttons and stuff.

This post has been edited by TailsTheGamer: 24 March 2013 - 05:56 PM


#14 User is offline   MoooseGuy 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 15-August 12

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

It doesn't need an update if an update is not needed.

As TailsTheGamer said, the layout works fine the way it is. You have to remember that this was made within the confines of a 13 year old engine. If I was to be able to do fancy things with the menus, it would require a third-party extension to the game engine. Also, Halo requires UI elements to be within the confines of a 640x480 pixel area. It is impossible for me to create higher resolution menus without them messing up the game.

Sorry, but that is the reality of working with such an old engine. This UI is meant to be more of a make-people's-life-easier improvement, rather than a visual spectacle.

I'll be updating the Universal UI when new projects come out (I expect a bunch of them this summer) so that it can include those things in the listing and update a few notifications.

#15 User is offline   2kool2snip3 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 17-July 12

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

What about the new halo logo, like the Halo 4 style logo?

#16 User is offline   MoooseGuy 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 15-August 12

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

This is Halo 1, not Halo 4. :P

#17 User is offline   2kool2snip3 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 17-July 12

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

View PostMoooseGuy, on 26 March 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

This is Halo 1, not Halo 4. :P/>

I know right? Can I suggest you to change the logo design to match Halo 4's logo for the Halo CE UI?

#18 User is offline   MoooseGuy 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 15-August 12

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Nope. :) Lol

#19 User is offline   hippyjohn 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Joined: 06-February 14

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Is it possible to play from saved checkpoints with your Universal UI

I've used the CMT v1 maps as a10, a30 ... d40 and put your UI.map in my maps folder.
I can start the CMT levels through Campaign > Bungie Studios > Classic Campaign.
However Continue doesn't work and Load Game is blanked out.
There are saved checkpoints in D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Halo CE\savegames\JohnCE\checkpoints.

Is the saved checkpoint functionality incompatible with the CMT v1 maps?

Thanks.

#20 User is offline   Masterz1337 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: CMT Person
  • Joined: 23-May 11

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

Unfortunately, all our older maps have to be accessed through the classic campaign rather than the CMT section of the UI, and all SPV1 maps suffer from a bug that ruins the ability to resume the game. All the new SPV3 maps are loadable through the SPV3 section of the UI..

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic