Halomods Community Portal: Universal UI Official Thread - Halomods Community Portal

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Universal UI Official Thread

The newest updates on Halo CE's UUI

#41 User is offline   Spartan314 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:02 AM

Those maps were leaked. They were never meant to be released in their current state but that's what ended up happening.
I don't know about you but I think it'd be better to leave them out of the UI.

#42 User is offline   Rambo 

• Map-Maker
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:38 AM

Hi. This is Rambo. I was wondering.

My buddies and I are slowly working on a SP Campaign called Silent Underground. This is the working title for it.

In your UI under Campaign, can you work with us to make a Silent Underground entry, where you can only play the levels you have "won" like a10-d40?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

~Rambo

PS: It uses Open Sauce, and custom mods we made to it.

Here is the video to a pre-alpha version of the map.

https://www.youtube....h?v=IX7kb5n6QsQ

This post has been edited by Rambo: 16 December 2014 - 02:26 AM

#43 User is offline   Rambo 

• Map-Maker
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

We, PMMF, are working on a new campaign for Halo CE, slowly,, called "Silent Underground".

I am mentioning this so it gets added to the UI. I want people to be able to play it and have fun with it.

It will have several levels, about as many asa the original campaign will have.

As the levels become released, I will make them known so Mooseguy can add them to his UI map file.

The following is a VERY PRE-ALPHA release of the map. Can't do much.

https://www.youtube....h?v=IX7kb5n6QsQ

This post has been edited by Rambo: 16 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

#44 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:10 AM

Rambo nice on it, I hope if is going to be put on the UI.

#45 User is offline   Rambo 

• Map-Maker
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

Thanks

#46 User is offline   woodchucker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

Your welcome

#47 User is offline   MoooseGuy 

• PipPip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

Hey guys, I've seen your posts, and I'm looking at incorporating your maps (if they test well) to the next update. I've started a thread on HaloMaps asking for any suggestions for the UUI v1.2, which will be coming later this year (probably in the fall). Thanks for the input!

#48 User is offline   Vash32 

• Pip

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

I've just started using Halo CE more then just Halo PC and thanks to your new UI, its opened a whole new world or gameplay for me. I've known of Multiplayer Maps for years but never looked at Single Player Maps before. I just lover how easy it is to play them, Thank You.

Now as for suggestions for the UUI v1.2 (or newer) I can only think or 2 things that will greatly help (if they can be do that is)

(Just looked on your post at HaloMaps and looks like this suggestion can't be done, or maybe?)
1. Make Halo CE look for Multiplayer or Single Player Maps in a new folder,
See Single Maps in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps\single\" or for Multiplayer Maps at "Halo Custom Edition\maps\multiplayer\"
or something like this "Map_Name.smap" a new file type Slngle Map, and/or "Map_Name.mmap" Multiplayer Map File Type.

Why do this?: So users don't need to make your the map they are using in Multiplayer mode is a Single Player map or not. Removes the error of hitting the wrong thing in Multiipayer.

2. Add Photos/Icons to more Multiplayer Maps in Multiplayer Mode, Mostly for the most used maps from HaloMaps web site.

Why do this?: Mostly just to have Custom Maps look more or less like the old ones, no more having to look at no icons, custom maps info, have some info on the maps, etc. (It may help see whats a Single Player or not)

Thanks for looking and I hope my 1st suggestions is useful as getting the Single Player maps will be very helpful for the users who don't know its Singly Player only.

This post has been edited by Vash32: 05 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

#49 User is offline   SID412 

• Pip

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

Hey guys, this is Sid, and I have a very peculiar problem regarding the Universal UI and CMT's SPV3 maps.

I downloaded the Truth and Reconciliation (a50) and The Silent Cartographer: Evolved (b30_evolved) SPV3 maps from Halomaps and followed the instructions by-the-book.
I also installed OpenSauce and HEK.

Initially, I did not have the Universal UI, so I tried the console command (maps_name a50), but upon pressing enter, the console went blank, and the map didn't load up. I tried again and again, but to no avail. It just didn't work.

I then downloaded the Universal UI, but the maps refused to load up through here either. The game kept asking me to download the maps, behaving like as if the maps weren't there in the maps folder, which it also did for maps I really didn't have, like the Firefight maps (Note that I had Project: Lumoria and it worked perfectly fine with the UI).

I am at my wits' end as to how to get them to work. I really want play these maps, and it gets very frustrating when you know you've done everything correctly, but it just doesn't work.

Let me know if you guys need any additional details and screens.

Cheers!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic