Halomods Community Portal: Arsenic (Halo CE to XBOX) - Halomods Community Portal

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
Arsenic (Halo CE to XBOX)

#1 User is offline   Blublaze94 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

This is to let it be know that there is a tool available for those who still have the desire to do Halo Xbox modding and to port their Halo CE maps over to the Xbox version of Halo. Forgive me if this counts as a double post, because I also posted a reply to another topic about this particular subject, but I felt as if it deserved it's own topic and attention. I know there are many people out there that still wish to port their maps to the Xbox version of Halo and would love to do multiplayer on their maps over systemlink. Well... me too! Arsenic is a Halo map tool for the xbox version of Halo that effectively converts maps and tags for use with the Xbox version of Halo, although a bit of common knowledge and tweaking is required here and there.

Why and I posting this? > I want the entire Halo community to know about the availability of this program, although development has ceased for a long time, the program still works well for what it does. There is not much documentation out there or many tutorials for how to use this program, this is yet another thing I hope to change. The more people who have this tool and experiment with it, the more we will know about it and the more we can learn to be able to use it.

Arsenic Version 2.0.0.9 by Luis Caicedo.

http://www.mediafire...l7m0wo63oh9zihd

Good Luck to anyone who finds this!

#2 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Thanks for upping the mirror for it.

Does this include the updated .txt file since halomaps is no longer available to connect to?

#3 User is offline   Winger 

• Grunt Breeder/Hunter Worm Breeder
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Thank you very much! Are you also going to throw in a tutorial any time soon? nintendo9713 didn't you in the past talk about you converting some maps over to xbox1? Maybe you can help us out with a little tutorial? ;)/>/> It would be great if more map packs start getting released again. Anyone have
CLuis' explanation on to convert maps?

This post has been edited by Winger: 05 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

#4 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hi Winger, yes I've converted many maps in the past, probably around 150. Converting maps couldn't be simpler, once you have your database setup, you import Halo Custom Edition map, it works its 'magic' and makes them into Xbox tags, then export Xbox map (then choosing internal name, compressing, ftp blah blah blah). The difficult part is setup (and fixing if tags are corrupt, e.g. custom bipeds, weapons, vehicles). You need the cache of each xbox map (SP & MP) (essentially decompressed). I mentioned over at modacity that CLuis told me it 'should' work with manually decompressing each map with his HHTv.5, but neither of us ever attempted it since we had the cache maps all along.

BluBlaze, if you have set it up, I'm sure we'd all appreciate a tutorial. If I catch anything I did differently, I'll comment but I'm in my last 4 weeks of the semester so I can't prioritize this up high.

#5 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

View Postnintendo9713, on 05 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hi Winger, yes I've converted many maps in the past, probably around 150. Converting maps couldn't be simpler, once you have your database setup, you import Halo Custom Edition map, it works its 'magic' and makes them into Xbox tags, then export Xbox map (then choosing internal name, compressing, ftp blah blah blah). The difficult part is setup (and fixing if tags are corrupt, e.g. custom bipeds, weapons, vehicles). You need the cache of each xbox map (SP & MP) (essentially decompressed). I mentioned over at modacity that CLuis told me it 'should' work with manually decompressing each map with his HHTv.5, but neither of us ever attempted it since we had the cache maps all along.

BluBlaze, if you have set it up, I'm sure we'd all appreciate a tutorial. If I catch anything I did differently, I'll comment but I'm in my last 4 weeks of the semester so I can't prioritize this up high.

Thank you, nintendo9713 for your reply. I know you've been busy with school. I hope that when you finish school or are on vacation you can make a tutorial on
how it's done step by step. I really would try to do what you did with converting the maps tgo xbox1. I'm surprise with the tool been released there aren't any
map packs been released (with map author's permissions of course!). :)

#6 User is offline   jackrabbit72380 

• ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
  • PipPip
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostWinger, on 06 April 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

Thank you, nintendo9713 for your reply. I know you've been busy with school. I hope that when you finish school or are on vacation you can make a tutorial on
how it's done step by step. I really would try to do what you did with converting the maps tgo xbox1. I'm surprise with the tool been released there aren't any
map packs been released (with map author's permissions of course!). :)/>

There have been 9 map packs released! before the program was public!

View Postnintendo9713, on 05 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

the only problem I ever had was lightmaps did not convert but that didn't stop the map fro loading it just stoped it from looking good.

#7 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

anybody looking for halo maps converted or old mappacks goto dominater01.myfreeforum.org

#8 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

View Postjackrabbit72380, on 07 April 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

There have been 9 map packs released! before the program was public!

the only problem I ever had was lightmaps did not convert but that didn't stop the map fro loading it just stoped it from looking good.

Hi jackrabbit72380, Yes I know about the other mappacks for xbox1 Halo 1. But, I was referring to new mappacks or just map singles converted using Arsenic.
When I make room on my HDD I'll give it a try, but, I need a good tutorial first! And I'm sure other people would be greatful for a tutorial. Thanks.

This post has been edited by Winger: 08 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

#9 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hi jackrabbit, one map that I tried for WAY too long to convert was No Remorse. Seeing how it didn't have custom vehicles/weapons (IIRC), I tried replacing the sky and a few other things but never could load it. Did you happen to attempt this map at one point? Or more importantly, when you convert a map, do you have a regimen that you follow on trying to fix it?

Thanks.

#10 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 08 April 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

Hi jackrabbit, one map that I tried for WAY too long to convert was No Remorse. Seeing how it didn't have custom vehicles/weapons (IIRC), I tried replacing the sky and a few other things but never could load it. Did you happen to attempt this map at one point? Or more importantly, when you convert a map, do you have a regimen that you follow on trying to fix it?

Thanks.

i converted it and played it but its super laggy > http://dominater01.m...g/about215.html

#11 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Postdominater01, on 08 April 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

i converted it and played it but its super laggy > http://dominater01.m...g/about215.html

whoa. Did you have to do anything to fix it? And that's crappy on the lag issue but if I can find the source (custom sky) I can just add the BG sky.

#12 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

View Postnintendo9713, on 08 April 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

whoa. Did you have to do anything to fix it? And that's crappy on the lag issue but if I can find the source (custom sky) I can just add the BG sky.

i dont know how to fix maps so all maps i got are just converted nothing special

also that no remorse just has a texture glitch that makes it lag when you look towords the middle of the map

#13 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

When I tried to convert a map (siege.map) to xbox1 I got some errors. http://postimg.org/image/3vc7m067n/ Then I got out of it because I didn't know what to do.
So, I tried another map(s). Now, everytime I try to import any map I keep getting an error that I don't have "bitmaps.map" It says: "Could not find file 'C:\bitmaps.map'. Any advice?

#14 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostWinger, on 09 April 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

When I tried to convert a map (siege.map) to xbox1 I got some errors. http://postimg.org/image/3vc7m067n/ Then I got out of it because I didn't know what to do.
So, I tried another map(s). Now, everytime I try to import any map I keep getting an error that I don't have "bitmaps.map" It says: "Could not find file 'C:\bitmaps.map'. Any advice?

Winger, if I'm not mistaken, bitmaps.map is part of your Halo Custom Edition maps. Do you have those maps properly linked in the file paths?

#15 User is offline   dominater01 

• PipPip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostWinger, on 09 April 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

i get the same errors that are in that picture as well and the bitmaps.map file doesnt want to import on arsenic it give me an error

#16 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

I'm going to try "zanzibar_classic.map" Let's see if I get any errors as well.

Edit 1: Well, it converted without any errors on pc-that is until I tested the map on xbox1. First of all, I had to use the default.xbe that allows bigger maps to load on xbox1. The map is a little bit choppy. The second player experiences miscoloring (rainbow textures around the water area) But, it's playable. oh, and I can't pick up the fuel rod.The map will replace bloodgulch.
http://www.mediafire...9mfduwoez1otqv2

Edit 2: nintendo9713, sorry I missed your question. Yeah, I somehow resetted the folder paths. But, now it seems to work since converting the last map worked.

This post has been edited by Winger: 10 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

#17 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Awesome none-the-less Winger, always some tinkering to do.

Don't believe I ever did a Zanzibar map. My favorite gametype has always been 1 flag CTF. Sadly you can't do it in Halo 1 properly because sides don't switch which make asymmetrical maps not possible for that :|

Keep converting! I believe I've had working FRG's on Xbxo before, so don't worry about that little bug.

#18 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Thank you, nintendo9713 : ) I also converted turf, floodgulch2 (freezes when there's too much flood explosions!), grunt attack (little laggy when grunts shoot alot
using their needlers). I have no idea how to fix it...turf has hud glitch when you arm yourself with the Plasma Rifle.

For those of you that want to know how I did it, I used this little tutorial that I found while back (sorry don't remember from where or who posted it. So, thank that person.

By Darke?

1. Import Map into Arsenic. Wait for it to load the tags

2. On the right-hand side, go to Levels, and pick the map folder you imported
(Your map might be in the "test" section)

3. Open the folder and double-click the .scenario file. Wait for Arsenic to
load tags.

4. Go to the upper-left hand corner toolbar, and pick Export Map, Xbox,

Compressed.

5. That's it.

This post has been edited by Winger: 10 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

#19 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

Yes, that's as basic of a tutorial as it gets. When maps freeze, then you have to start replacing custom tags with default ones to at least eliminate the problem. As an example again, if a map doesn't load, I automatically swap their sky with Bloodgulch's. So yes, Import, Load, Export. Export in latest version can not only autodecompress and name, BUT FTP as well, very useful for quick testing :).

I don't care much for AI elements in my multiplayer, but a working turf would be fun. Unfortunately as in my earlier post, no 1 flag CTF :(. Sad day.

Keep it up! BUT. Don't let your Arsenic folder go nuts, it can get trashed and hard to find things. (If you have disc storage, create a backup every 5 imports or so, just in case)

#20 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

View Postnintendo9713, on 10 April 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

Yes, that's as basic of a tutorial as it gets. When maps freeze, then you have to start replacing custom tags with default ones to at least eliminate the problem. As an example again, if a map doesn't load, I automatically swap their sky with Bloodgulch's. So yes, Import, Load, Export. Export in latest version can not only autodecompress and name, BUT FTP as well, very useful for quick testing :)/>/>/>/>.

I don't care much for AI elements in my multiplayer, but a working turf would be fun. Unfortunately as in my earlier post, no 1 flag CTF :(/>/>/>/>. Sad day.

Keep it up! BUT. Don't let your Arsenic folder go nuts, it can get trashed and hard to find things. (If you have disc storage, create a backup every 5 imports or so, just in case)

Yeah, some of the maps don't load after conversion...Didn't know why. But, you said that importing Bloodgulch's sky might help it? How would I go about to importing custom tags? Do I just extract them from default clean maps through this program? Thanks. Also, "Mystic" has Neon Rainbow textures after conversion. And
"Hyrule" wouldn't load. It would just stay on loading screen. Maybe it's because of the vehicle mods.

Edit 1: Forgot to mention that some of the maps that didn't work became a lot bigger in mb after they got converted to xbox1.
How did this happen?

Edit 2: After converting "sciophobia" I ran into a problem with the doors. They don't open. How can I fix this? Besides that the
map runs smoothly since it seems to be a small map.

Edit 3: "Turf Revamped CMT" runs with minor problems. When you turn it's choppy for split second. Rainbow glitches appear during
an angle on certain areas, like few buildings, windows, and on the ground. Still, playable though.

This post has been edited by Winger: 10 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic