Halomods Community Portal: Arsenic (Halo CE to XBOX) - Halomods Community Portal

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

H1_CE
Arsenic (Halo CE to XBOX)

#21 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Not importing bloodgulch's sky, just using Guerilla, open the .scenario and remap the sky path to bloodgulch's if it's custom.

Not sure what size issues arise between conversion, can you give an example with numbers maybe?

If the door's don't open, use sparkedit/arsenic to just remove them unless they are important. I assume it's a [mach] tag, which I have no idea how to properly fix (subsequently an experienced user could take one from SP)

Rainbow glitches, I remember now. This started happening in LATER versions of Arsenic, wasn't always there, and it baffled CLuis constantly but could never get away from it. I don't remember when they started to appear but just one update had the issue and it never was resolved. Your best bet is to use an older version of Arsenic when that problem was nonexistant. I used to have multiple versions set up in a single folder just for this type of problem.

#22 User is offline   Winger 

• Grunt Breeder/Hunter Worm Breeder
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

About Guerilla, it's for Halo 2, isn't it? It asks for the other required files like shared.map, etc and I don't have enough space to have all that...For sparkedit
the program is difficult for me to use because of the controls and I couldn't figure out how to remove the doors for sciophobia. Tried finding the [mach] tag
through Arsenic, but couldn't find it...Really have no clue how to do it. I'll probably have to skip this map.

I also wanted to change the weapons that some of the Human Flood carry in Floodgulch2 to Plasma Rifles. Their Rocket Launchers seem to be causing the freezing. Maybe by giving them diferent weapons the maps performance might improve. Thanks again for your advice.

Edit 1: Forgot to ask how do I fix all the clutter in my "levels" tags while Arsenic is running? The maps that I tried converting
still show up in Tag Explorer. I don't want to lose my Xbox1 Cache, those took a while to gather. Whats the only thing I need to delete? Thanks.

Edit 2: "The Forgotten Market" converted, but it runs with slowdown when you look in the direction of the middle of the map. I think it's all those plants and trees that causes the lagginess.

This post has been edited by Winger: 11 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

#23 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

Guerilla is Halo Custom Edition but can be used for Xbox maps as well. It might be [scen] but you can remove the tag from the map somehow.

You use either Guerilla to edit everything before compiling the map, or HHT/HMT after compiling the map to alter weapons.

Nothing you can do, those map tags are ALL over the place. You can delete the folder under levels with the .scenario but tis tags are in every folder. No going back without a backup.

Thats cool, you can always take away and add scenery!

Edit: What social media do you use such as Skype / Steam?

This post has been edited by nintendo9713: 11 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

#24 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

For the difference in numbers after conversion is that sometimes when I converted a let's say 30 mb map it will end up being like 100 mb! Dunno how that happens.
So the weapons tag thing editing sounds to complicated, eh? How do I take away or remove the scenery? Can you make just a little tutorial? Like maybe a short few step? Also, I don't have skype nor steam, sorry.

The following are the maps that I got working (except for #3, doors don't open but playable even though you're stuck in a room):

*1- beavercreek.map (battlecreek) delta_ruined http://postimg.org/image/s3iwk9smv/
*2- sidewinder.map grunt attack http://postimg.org/image/jf45u96fd/
*3- damnation.map sciophobia http://postimg.org/image/ud5wzzy75/
*4- ratrace.map turfrevampedCMT http://postimg.org/image/uvmp7wadv/
*5- prisoner.map w4rtorn_cove http://postimg.org/image/xnu9zvo4h/
*6- hangemhigh.map [dumb_ai]_h2_turf http://postimg.org/image/e3rqeaeg7/
*7- chillout.map domine http://postimg.org/image/xgnohoaef/
*8- carousel.map (derelict) OverGrown http://postimg.org/image/5i5sh30up/
*9- boardingaction.map floodgulch2 http://postimg.org/image/4412foywz/
*10-bloodgulch.map zanzibar_classic http://postimg.org/image/boai30cpn/
*11-wizard.map hydroxide http://postimg.org/image/91f8csp85/
*12-putput.map (chiron tl34) TLSstronghold http://postimg.org/image/82y9yink3/
*13-longest.map Grove Final http://postimg.org/image/3ykrcmx91/

#25 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

Are you sure it's compressed? There's an OLD program called trashbash that used to clean up unused tags if I'm not mistaken, but not sure, only used it once for an old Hang 'em High mod.

It's not complicated it is the most basic mod you can do.

You can highlight scenery in Arsenic and remove it similar to SparkEdit IIRC. So open the .scenario, click the scenery and try hitting [del] key.

No Skype or Steam, how do you communicate!?

And that is cool none the less! I'm not an AI fan, but the others are good to hear.

#26 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

I'm pretty sure it got compressed. I did it through Arsenic *Rubs Chin* I remember trying to use Trashbash a long time ago when I wanted to apply a bloodgulch mod that had Hunter ai. Didn't get the darn thing working. Just loading up very quickly and that was it.
Ok, do I click ".scenario" first then click the scenery and try hitting [del] key? Or just go to "levels" to look for map. And look for anything with ".scenery" at the end to delete? Since I'm stranded on Silent Cartographer (no skype/steam) I use email. :)
I was also wondering how to edit the ui.map with this tool. I know that I need to convert screenshots to ."dds" format. But, can you do it with plain pics?

This post has been edited by Winger: 11 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

#27 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

To remove scenery, open the .scenario and let it load, then use Arsenic's controls to delete unwanted scenery.

UI.map modding is a WHOLE new game. You need to use Reddog's Pro Pack Editor. It's a cmd based one and the only one I know that works. I never used any other UI editing software so I'm unsure if Arsenic does it (I imagine somewhere deep inside without a doubt it does). I've only edited pix and descriptions and only have one custom UI.map on Xbox featuring Chiller. You can edit some bitmaps from HMT and other tools such as the background but not so easily the animation. It has to be .dds pictures unfortunately.

#28 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

I just tried removing the unwanted scenery on one map to try it out if I could do it. But, the map would save changes and stay "compressing" for a long time.When I
checked the folder where I was saving it to there was nothing there. Also, I can't figure out how to you Arsenic's controls. Am I supposed to see the map within the program, like Sparkedit? All I see is a blue square with "FPS" running. And I couldn't find Reddog's Pro Pack Editor.
I couldn't find for example the trees and Covenant drop ship in Arsenic to delete it from the map. Only in Sparkedit. But, again couldn't save as compressed because it seemed that it didn't save into the folder (output).

#29 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Here is RPPE, I uploaded just for you Winger :)/>

Now usage, very simple, do NOT over complicate it. Take your UI.map (compressed) and place it under the name "ui-d.map" minus the quotes. Go into the ui-d folder and you'll see a NAME, DESC, and .dds file for every map. You can edit the text (the lines are very short, do not type it all out in one line what you want, it will run off screen in game). Once you are done, simple double click UIPack and it will put everything back in the ui-d.map, then rename to ui.map and enjoy. However, another favor I did for you, I hope you love me by now, is I uploaded HUC-v0.9. Now this belongs to AngryCamel, he made a GUI for RPPE, BUT it is VERY buggy, I do not recommend it. If you DO use it, it will constantly say ERROR: Continue? (or somethign like that) just keep clicking YES, over and over, it will work, BUT even after you save, the text will get jarbled, just keep redoing it if you don't like the RPPE version (although I've never had a problem with his).

Now for the pettier stuff, I never had a map freeze on decompressing. Now you're troubled with the question of "Is this map so worth playing that I need to keep going, or the fact many thousand more maps exist and I should just go to one of those".

YES. You should see the map in Arsenic, that big beautiful blue box isn't for shits and giggles. Go to levels/test/yourmap (should be in there, some people may have it different, really annoying) and load the .scenario (I think either double click or drag onto blue box) and then once it's done loading, move around and find the map (some can be far away from original coordinates)

#30 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thanks very much for the download link for RPPE, nintendo9713! This tool is very easy to use-of course with your tutorial even more! It works. I tested it. The only thing that was weird is that after compiling ui.map and testing the multiplayer map's titles were missing a lot of letters even though the names were small only on last three. Also the last three map's descriptions were missing. But, it's still very very useful!

I still can't see the map in Arsenic. I did what you told me to do but, it didn't work. Here's the pic: http://postimg.org/image/z4u3dg1zt/

Edit 1: Forgot to mention that I found a handy tool for converting pics to ".dds" files to use for "ui.map" It's called
"Halo .dds texture converter" it's very easy to use. Tested it but, my pic on the map's pic came out too big! So, it seems I have
to first resize the pic to 141 X 114 so that it can fit good in the square.

This post has been edited by Winger: 12 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

#31 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Glad it works for you! Yes it can be buggy, jut takes a few compilations, trial and error. You'll figure it out soon enough.

If you can't see the map, something is wrong. Can you at least see default maps like bloodgulch?

Could you link me that program? Sounds very very useful compared to my method of photoshop plugins. Edit: Got it, thanks.

This post has been edited by nintendo9713: 12 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

#32 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

Thanks! But, I still can't see any maps in the middle blue box. Not even the default single player and multiplayer maps. I don't know why. And here's the link to the program incase you loose it or if somebody else needs it:
Halo .dds texture converter
http://www.mediafire...7ztvrre2u7cizr0
Don't forget to resize the pics first like around 141 X 114. Then save as .dds. Then compile with Reddog's Pro Pack Editor. Just play around with it until it fits in the box.
I had another question: You wouldn't happen to know why when ever I convert a multiplayer map with AI in it the map would give me a "dirty disc error" when testing
it on the xbox1? Even after compressing with Arsenic. It would be silly if the "map is scratched" lol

#33 User is offline   Corvette19 

• PipPip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

This is awesome!
Also hey, nintendo. loooooooong time no speak. I remember you telling me about this program like what 7 years ago?

#34 User is offline   H1F 

• Pip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

@Nintendo - Thanks for all the help. It's much appreciated. Would be alot simpler if HIZLO would get around to uploading the stuff from his servers, but who knows when, if ever that'll happen.

@Blumoon94 - Thanks again for uploading Arsenic. Been trying to get it to work for months, and the second I use your version, it works.

@Winger - Keep up the good work. Would you maybe wanna upload the maps you converted somewhere? As for the Sciciophobia door problem, I converted it fine, and every door works. I'll upload it soon. (Maybe you don't have all the CE tags or something? Try clearing out both your Tags folders and replacing them with your backup. If you don't have a backup, I'll probably upload them somewhere to make it easy for anybody who loses their backup. I also made a couple tutorials for HUC/Arsenic/HMT/HHT that I'll be uploading to my YouTube soon. I'm not an expert, but I somewhat know my way around the UI amongst other things. Still learning with Arsenic, but here's a couple map packs I put out in the past couple days (the Zelda Pack is a beta right now, final version will be done within the week).
Zelda Pack: Zelda Pack - Dominater Forums
Map Conversions v1: MC v1 - Dominater Forums

I also have the problem with Arsenic just showing a blue screen. SparkEdit opens fine, except it doesn't let me swap weapons or anything with anything. I have the lastest .Net Framework and whatnot. Don't know what's the issue with either program.. I would love to get this working.

Anyway, just checking in here. I'm always here to help, whatever I can do

This post has been edited by H1F: 14 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

#35 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostH1F, on 14 April 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

@Nintendo - Thanks for all the help. It's much appreciated. Would be alot simpler if HIZLO would get around to uploading the stuff from his servers, but who knows when, if ever that'll happen.

@Blumoon94 - Thanks again for uploading Arsenic. Been trying to get it to work for months, and the second I use your version, it works.

@Winger - Keep up the good work. Would you maybe wanna upload the maps you converted somewhere? As for the Sciciophobia door problem, I converted it fine, and every door works. I'll upload it soon. (Maybe you don't have all the CE tags or something? Try clearing out both your Tags folders and replacing them with your backup. If you don't have a backup, I'll probably upload them somewhere to make it easy for anybody who loses their backup. I also made a couple tutorials for HUC/Arsenic/HMT/HHT that I'll be uploading to my YouTube soon. I'm not an expert, but I somewhat know my way around the UI amongst other things. Still learning with Arsenic, but here's a couple map packs I put out in the past couple days (the Zelda Pack is a beta right now, final version will be done within the week).
Zelda Pack: Zelda Pack - Dominater Forums
Map Conversions v1: MC v1 - Dominater Forums

I also have the problem with Arsenic just showing a blue screen. SparkEdit opens fine, except it doesn't let me swap weapons or anything with anything. I have the lastest .Net Framework and whatnot. Don't know what's the issue with either program.. I would love to get this working.

Anyway, just checking in here. I'm always here to help, whatever I can do

Hello, H1F. Yeah I deleted my xbox tags (all 3GB plus, sheesh!) Then I imported my xbox maps again, and it's not cluttered anymore! And you said you have some
Mappacks? That's awesome! I'd like to try those out! Please make some tutorials for HUC/Arsenic/HMT/HHT. It would help us so much. I'm also very interested in
making mappacks for Xbox1 Halo 1 with A.I. But, can't find absolutely any tutorials on how to do it....

And as you requested. The following is what I got working.

Links deleted

I havn't tinkered with the maps since I converted them since I don't know how to fix anything. But, they're there so people can just test them out. Hopefully, somebody else will figure out how to fix any problems with the maps.

Edit 1: I forgot to mention that you'll need the special ppf to patch your default.xbe to allow big maps to work. (not sure, just
incase you can't run these maps on your Xbox1.

Edit 2: The original map creators' credits are released with the maps.

Edit 3: Just tested my ui.map. I still don't know how to fix the descriptions for the maps & the pics get too stretched out! Also, I tried your Zelda MP & your MC 1 pack. They're both very good! How did you get the zelda maps to work? The only one I tried to convert was the big hyrule field map-didn't work probably because the map was to big, maybe? How did you get the ui.map
to look good?

This post has been edited by Winger: 22 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

#36 User is offline   H1F 

• Pip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostWinger, on 14 April 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Hello, H1F. Yeah I deleted my xbox tags (all 3GB plus, sheesh!) Then I imported my xbox maps again, and it's not cluttered anymore! And you said you have some
Mappacks? That's awesome! I'd like to try those out! Please make some tutorials for HUC/Arsenic/HMT/HHT. It would help us so much. I'm also very interested in
making mappacks for Xbox1 Halo 1 with A.I. But, can't find absolutely any tutorials on how to do it....
Edit 1: I forgot to mention that you'll need the special ppf to patch your default.xbe to allow big maps to work. (not sure, just
incase you can't run these maps on your Xbox1.

Edit 2: The original map creators' credits are released with the maps.

Edit 3: Just tested my ui.map. I still don't know how to fix the descriptions for the maps & the pics get too stretched out! Also, I tried your Zelda MP & your MC 1 pack. They're both very good! How did you get the zelda maps to work? The only one I tried to convert was the big hyrule field map-didn't work probably because the map was to big, maybe? How did you get the ui.map
to look good?

Thanks for those man. The Marine and Grunt AI mods were crackin me up the dialogue. You should post any conversions you make over at the DominaterForums where I hosted my map packs. That way we can keep track of all the conversions. Also, do you (or anybody else) have XBoxConnect? That would be sweet to get some people to play some modded maps online. I'd be down whenever.

Anyway, here's a tutorial I just did for the Halo UI Creator. I've got a couple more tutorials covering the basics like extracting and injecting bitmaps (into the UI, etc) that I'll be putting up in the next few days.
How to Mod Halo 1 Xbox UI - HUC Tutorial
HUC is pretty glitchy though. I'm currently having a problem with it deleting my text and not letting me replace it. It works for the most part though.

As far as the Zelda maps go, I couldn't get most of the Hyrule Field mods to work either (or the Spirit Temple), but I found a stripped down version of Hyrule Field simply called Hyrule. So I converted it, and also swapped the warthog vehicle tag with the Epona vehicle (horse). I still have to put the Link bipeds in and then I think I'll be done with the pack. So anybody, hit me up if you have XBC, that would be awesome to play some Zelda maps (or others) online

#37 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

@H1F HIZLO has done quite enough for us, he's moved on to some very awesome things. I know he wouldn't trade his old Halo 1 days for the world but he's leading quite a successful career. I still talk to him and CLuis on Facebook. We have all their tools (they generously publicized) and enough knowledge of this game documented to do whatever we want, all we have to do is put forward effort, work together, and help each other out. If you discover something, share. If you convert something impressive, upload it. If you need assistance, ask. All that's left for us to use is our imagination and some effort and we can make whatever we want.

Thank you for the Halo 1 UI tutorial. My next request is for you to create a tutorial in regards to editing the background images and any other intel you can possilby provide.

@Winger, thank you for providing your progress, we'll keep helping as long as we can. I'm downloading the maps but won't be able to really play them until next month. EDIT: You're files are not hosted within a validated account, please correct your uploads so we may download them.

@Corvette19, welcome back, nice to see a familiar face. Hopefully you can help us out with a bit of resurgence from the community in a few small projects. We have the tools, no excuse to make some cool stuff.

TL;DR, MAKE TUTORIALS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO. SHARE. UPLOAD. ASK.

This post has been edited by nintendo9713: 15 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

#38 User is offline   Winger 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

HiF: I haven't tried playing online with xbmc. I'm glad that you enjoed the AI maps-maybe somebody can convert some maps and complete a mappack for AI? Thanks for your tutorial using HUC to mod the ui.map. It's going to help me a lot! Your zelda beta mappack is cool-even the ui.map! Dom's other maps are good, too.
If you want you can put these on your website that you hosted your mappacks. But, just remember that some are glitchy. They probably need fixing.

nintendo9713: I fixed the downloads. It should work now. Sorry for that. We understand that you have school. So, you won't be able to convert anything or test anything until next month. Also, what new stuff is Hizlo & Cluis up to? And thank you very much for all
your help.

Edit 1: I havn't converted any other maps since these, because I've been trying to figure out how to add A.I. into xbox MP Maps. But, I can't find any tutorials-only for Halo Custom Edition. And the maps that have ai that I want to convert give me "dirty Disc"

Edit 2: Blublaze94, I saw your video on a mod you're working on. Video: How far are you
in your progress with your mod? And are you going to release it (your xbox1 mod)?

This post has been edited by Winger: 15 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

#39 User is offline   H1F 

• Pip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

View Postnintendo9713, on 14 April 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

@H1F HIZLO has done quite enough for us, he's moved on to some very awesome things. I know he wouldn't trade his old Halo 1 days for the world but he's leading quite a successful career. I still talk to him and CLuis on Facebook. We have all their tools (they generously publicized) and enough knowledge of this game documented to do whatever we want, all we have to do is put forward effort, work together, and help each other out. If you discover something, share. If you convert something impressive, upload it. If you need assistance, ask. All that's left for us to use is our imagination and some effort and we can make whatever we want.

Thank you for the Halo 1 UI tutorial. My next request is for you to create a tutorial in regards to editing the background images and any other intel you can possibly provide.
TL;DR, MAKE TUTORIALS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO. SHARE. UPLOAD. ASK.

Yeah, what are they up to these days? I talked to Hizlo about 7-9 months ago and he said he got in contact with his server company and he was gonna put up everything he had...But that's the last I talked to him. It's just a bummer, we wouldn't have to ask all these n00b questions if the tutorials and stuff were still available. But I guess there's some excitement in figuring out on your own, or with the community. I do hate to ask, but I'm running into a few problems that I have no idea how to solve.

1.) Do you have any idea why Arsenic only shows the blue screen? I believe Winger is having the same problem.

2.) Do you know how to get Fuel Rod Guns to work in Xbox multiplayer? Almost every map I converted has an FRG on the ground, but it doesn't give me an option to pick it up.

Thanks for checkin out the Tutorial too. I'll be putting more up real soon.

View PostWinger, on 15 April 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

HiF: I haven't tried playing online with xbmc. I'm glad that you enjoed the AI maps-maybe somebody can convert some maps and complete a mappack for AI? Thanks for your tutorial using HUC to mod the ui.map. It's going to help me a lot! Your zelda beta mappack is cool-even the ui.map! Dom's other maps are good, too.
If you want you can put these on your website that you hosted your mappacks. But, just remember that some are glitchy. They probably need fixing.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Yeah if you don't mind, I'm going to put a couple of your converted maps into another AI pack I'm working on, I'll give you credit. Let me know if you come up with any more mods. Also, it's XBC, not XBMC. (xbconnect.com). You should give it a shot if you like playing Halo 1 multiplayer. Dominater01 and I got some games goin last night, we were playing the Map Conversions v1..it was a blast. Let me know if you want help setting it up or whatever. The more the merrier!

#40 User is offline   nintendo9713 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

HIZLO used to run pixelgeeks.net after the halo modding went down where he led some impressive modeling projects for the Unreal Engine. As far as I can tell, he's just staying current with game developer tools which I would love to do if I wasn't in school, so for now it's what I know and that's Halo 1 modding. CLuis has become a family man over the past couple years but doesn't seem to talk about video games anymore.

Not sure about the Blue Window, the best thing I can tell you is start from scratch and see if you revert to clean tags to test the blue screen issue. If the blue screen is there, I have no idea. If it's not, it's something that's corrupting your setup and you'll have to be careful and remember your recent imports to identify the cause.

FRG's...I'd be lying if I said I fondly remember using one on the Xbox. Keep in mind though, that when you import a map, only hte NEW tags are made. So that first FRG you imported, that FRG.weapon tag is NOT being overwritten so you're just placing that nonworking FRG in every map with it. You'd have to delete that directory under weapons and try again (although it would corrupt any .scenario you would try to load before importing a map with it). I DO remember the Flamethrower doesn't work (takes a lot of fixing) but there are some mods with a working one. Point being, FRG & Flamethrower don't work by default, takes fixing and I don't remember using them (I use stock H1X weapons only)

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic